Mike Bush

Ty Nitty

Not sure I understand this. We've got more pressing needs than to keep spinning our wheels with the backup RB's.

It does seem semi-pointless. Several other positions are needed before backup running back. Hell, that may be one of the very last positions of need.

I like him, but if they went RB, I would have expected a speed guy, since Bell's a more of a banger (like Bush).

Bell isn't what I'd call a banger. His style is very similar to Forte and he's most definitely not a short yardage back. Bush is that short yardage 3rd down guy. He's better than that though so I don't know why he'd pick the Bears.

As stated on NFL network, Bush would be insurance if Forte does not show for camp. I guess the talks in the back office is that forte is not haqppy the way the talks went qand is saying he will hold out.

He takes Barbers place and if Forte holds out, someone that has carried the load before.

With the risk surrounding Forte, this makes more sense. If you get a guy like Bush, at what point do you see what kind of trade market Forte has? Say you have Forte, Bell, Barber. That is a pretty solid backfield and you might get a 2nd plus another pick for Forte (and save some serious coin).

I haven't thought it all through and I'd prefer to keep Forte, however, lots of things to think about.