Idonije 1 year deal

Ed Hochuli 3:16

Sounds like a sound signing. he needs to shine. Doesn't sound like it was for tons of loot.

I don't really mind the signing. Idonije is old and he definitely has to be better than 2011, like you said. I fully expect the Bears to now take a DE in round 1 or 2 since they missed out on Mincey and Mario. Once they pick that DE, I still think Idonije is the starter opposite Peppers, but I do think that rookie DE will get a decent amount of playing time, and who better to learn from than Peppers and a veteran, high IQ guy like Idonije.

I hear ya.

He also can play DT, so as a rotational guy or to spell a few guy, he's really a decent signing.

I'd like to see if we're in the market for Wembley tomorrow...

I don't really mind the signing. Idonije is old and he definitely has to be better than 2011, like you said. I fully expect the Bears to now take a DE in round 1 or 2 since they missed out on Mincey and Mario. Once they pick that DE, I still think Idonije is the starter opposite Peppers, but I do think that rookie DE will get a decent amount of playing time, and who better to learn from than Peppers and a veteran, high IQ guy like Idonije.

right on with those statements.

As an illini fan I hope that DE is Whitney Mercilus, dudes a beast!

31!!!

Hurts when ya hear 31 described as old :(

I hear ya.

He also can play DT, so as a rotational guy or to spell a few guy, he's really a decent signing.

I'd like to see if we're in the market for Wembley tomorrow...

I too want them to add to the mix and if Wooten doesn't stay healthy during TC cut him. I like the idea of Izzy going inside on 3rd down and helping get some push in the middle with Melton. With a whole TC this year and OTAs there should be no excuses for any of the fringe players.

Agreed.

I too want them to add to the mix and if Wooten doesn't stay healthy during TC cut him. I like the idea of Izzy going inside on 3rd down and helping get some push in the middle with Melton. With a whole TC this year and OTAs there should be no excuses for any of the fringe players.