Words from our new GM

Wesson44

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...story?track=rss

Chicago Bears GM Phil Emery said today that finding some fresh bodies along the offensive line, whether it be in free agency or the draft, is one of his priorities this offseason.

“I like the look of our offensive line with the guys with have signed up right now,” he said.

Asked about adding a lineman, Emery said the Bears always are searching for depth. He said they could look at other free-agent linemen, and the team will look “very hard” at offensive linemen in the draft.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...story?track=rss

Chicago Bears GM Phil Emery said today that finding some fresh bodies along the offensive line, whether it be in free agency or the draft, is one of his priorities this offseason.

“I like the look of our offensive line with the guys with have signed up right now,” he said.

Asked about adding a lineman, Emery said the Bears always are searching for depth. He said they could look at other free-agent linemen, and the team will look “very hard” at offensive linemen in the draft.

The quote: What he had to say to the media.

The comment about the draft: The truth, hopefully.

The two comments are obviously contradictory, so we can only hope he's not just blowing smoke and he actually intends to put serious emphasis on the OL.

To me he said nothing, he is not going to show is hand. We like the look of our offensive line but will look very hard at OLine during the draft? Seems like misdirection to me.

That exactly what he is doing and its like the Vikings are now trying to say they are interested in someone besides Kalil. If you have a franchise back and QB(?) don't you need to shore up the OL? Emery talking about the need for OL help is old news and is saying what most of us want to hear. Listening to Cutler at the PC today made me feel he is happy with what they have now and seems to have an audiemce with Emery.