Pixote Predicts.....

Pixote

Every year QBs go down and teams scramble for a QB that can take their place because they do not feel they have a good enough backup in place.

I am very comfortable with both backups we have.

If a team goes hunting for a emergency QB because of injuries to their starter, the Bears would be in a great position as I feel they could actually get a decent draft choice for Campbell, possibly a 3rd rounder, if a team was hurting and needed a QB with promise and starting experience to come in.

Just a thought, and although I hope we keep him as an insurance policy, you never know!!!

Uhh, did we see what happened to us last season? There's a reason why we invested some of our money for Jason Cambell; to make sure the disaster that was last year never happens again if, god forbid, Jay Cutler ever went down again. This is probably the most comfortable I've ever been with our depth at the quarterback position.

Also, nobody is trading a 3rd round draft pick for Jason Cambell, who's on a 1 year deal. Brandon Marshall was just traded for two 3rd rounders. You never get the type of picks you think you might from a player. Teams value their draft picks very highly.

We are in a great situation right now at quarterback. There is no need to get cute with it and dangle our security blanket for what would be a very late round draft pick at best.

Uhh, did we see what happened to us last season? There's a reason why we invested some of our money for Jason Cambell; to make sure the disaster that was last year never happens again if, god forbid, Jay Cutler ever went down again. This is probably the most comfortable I've ever been with our depth at the quarterback position.

Also, nobody is trading a 3rd round draft pick for Jason Cambell, who's on a 1 year deal. Brandon Marshall was just traded for two 3rd rounders. You never get the type of picks you think you might from a player. Teams value their draft picks very highly.

We are in a great situation right now at quarterback. There is no need to get cute with it and dangle our security blanket for what would be a very late round draft pick at best.

I pray that the oline is upgraded so he never plays a down!!!!! Except for mop up duty once Cutler and Marshal tear it up!

I am not saying I want it to happen, but let's face it, Campbell will only be here one year, he wants to be a starter, but with all that is going on with Manning & Flynn he decided to take a quick easy 3 Million and sit behind Cutler for a year and try again next year when the Cap is going to increase significantly.

So if you are a team near the end of the season in desperate need of a starter, knowing what is going to be available will be the dregs of the QB crop, and you see Campbell sitting on our bench, do you approach Emery? I say yes.

And if you are Emery knowing that you are not likely to resign Campbell at a reasonable price next year do you listen to offers? I say yes.

Normally a 3rd would be out of the question, but in a situation like that, higher compensation has been given in desperation to save a season.

The Bears have no 3rd next year. Will it happen, maybe not. But it would not surprise me if "Late in the Season" and the situation comes up.