If WE

Stinger226

If we dont sign anyone else but some backup roster spots,what is your draft (the first five spots)

Mine is; We still need a LT, DE, CB,WR (so to make the best impact as we are constructed right now)(Walters mock draft for the topic)

#1 Adams/LT/OSU He is the highest rated player on the board in our area of needs.

#2 McClellin/DE/BS He was a DE in college, but most see him as an OLB, I think he stays at DE and can rush the QB

#3 Joe Adams/WR/ARK He is a speed guy at 5'11" 190, can be a deep threat(Marshall as PWR)(Knox will be done and takes his spot on roster)

#4 Judie/CB/ Tex AM The best of the corners left at this point.

#5 Cole/OLB/NCS Will eventually be Briggs replacement

If we dont sign anyone else but some backup roster spots,what is your draft (the first five spots)

Mine is; We still need a LT, DE, CB,WR (so to make the best impact as we are constructed right now)(Walters mock draft for the topic)

#1 Adams/LT/OSU He is the highest rated player on the board in our area of needs.

#2 McClellin/DE/BS He was a DE in college, but most see him as an OLB, I think he stays at DE and can rush the QB

#3 Joe Adams/WR/ARK He is a speed guy at 5'11" 190, can be a deep threat(Marshall as PWR)(Knox will be done and takes his spot on roster)

#4 Judie/CB/ Tex AM The best of the corners left at this point.

#5 Cole/OLB/NCS Will eventually be Briggs replacement

I just noticed A. J. Jenkins/WR/ILL was available when I picked Adams so I change that 3rd round pick

Guest TerraTor
First round pick for other than WR or CB would be a wasted pick....IMHO

Think I have to agree

As for Mike Adams, i know the combine can skew things, but 19 reps? He also is said to be another Right Tackle (CHris Williams did 21 reps, just as sad)

First round pick for other than WR or CB would be a wasted pick....IMHO

For the life of me I just do not understand this rationale. Could you try to explain it to me? I seriously don't understand how an intelligent Bears fan who has seen the games the last few seasons could not consider the OL to be either the #1 priority or at least in consideration for the #1 priority. Any 1st round OT would start over Webb, and any 1st round OG would start at RG over Louis/E.Williams.

This is especially true since you call for a first round WR, a position that traditionally takes a while to develop.

Guest TerraTor
For the life of me I just do not understand this rationale. Could you try to explain it to me? I seriously don't understand how an intelligent Bears fan who has seen the games the last few seasons could not consider the OL to be either the #1 priority or at least in consideration for the #1 priority. Any 1st round OT would start over Webb, and any 1st round OG would start at RG over Louis/E.Williams.

This is especially true since you call for a first round WR, a position that traditionally takes a while to develop.

See AJ Green and Julio Jones... and then compare to Chris Williams, Jason Smith (Baylor), Gallery,

See AJ Green and Julio Jones... and then compare to Chris Williams, Jason Smith (Baylor), Gallery,

QUOTE (jason @ Mar 18 2012, 07:17 PM)

I'm glad to see that what I have been saying about the WR position makes sense to someone other than myself. Sure we need help at other positions but we were doing great at the time winning 5 games in a row until Cutler got hurt and not by a sack either but by trying to tackle a guy after throwing an int to one of our short WR'S . But that was without a number one WR or the threat by our WR's. Now that we have a true #1 and may draft another for the other side.....teams wil have to back off and respect our passing game, thus giving our line more time to block with less players to block. Now Green and Jones are good WR'S...and Marshall is a step above them but if you add another WR on the other side then you will give the defense trouble (Like Jones & White in ATL) and that will open up our offense to be in position to take advantage of the defense. We are still going to get help i the draft and FA for our line....because the GM has said so....just not picing up scrubs and injury prone players, but getting the ones the really fit our needs..

Sure we need help at other positions but we were doing great at the time winning 5 games in a row until Cutler got hurt and not by a sack either but by trying to tackle a guy after throwing an int to one of our short WR'S . But that was without a number one WR or the threat by our WR's.

Dr. Mongo is in the house to help you once again with your obsession with height. The play you are referring to had nothing to do with height. Knox fell down, plain and simple. I had a great view of it from the endzone.

Dr. Mongo is in the house to help you once again with your obsession with height. The play you are referring to had nothing to do with height. Knox fell down, plain and simple. I had a great view of it from the endzone.

Ok yes he did....I know that but Jackson and Marshall still would have been taller than Knox while they were on their knees....LOL

But really the whole obsession with the height is to give our QB a wider target to throw to thereby making some of the passes he does throw off target seem to be on target. Just take a look back at all the passes that went to our short WR that were a little high and they made no effort to catch them....but with the added height those passes would be right on. Cutler is good at fitting the ball in a tight window......but when that widow gets expanded he will be even better. QB's don't make WR look good....its the WR catching everything the QB throws that makes the QB look good, but even more so when the QB just has to get the ball in the area of the WR. Case in point look at Johnson from the Lions. Hell how many jump ball throws did he catch...the taller Jackson from the Chargers have a field day against us.

QUOTE (jason @ Mar 18 2012, 07:17 PM)

I'm glad to see that what I have been saying about the WR position makes sense to someone other than myself. Sure we need help at other positions but we were doing great at the time winning 5 games in a row until Cutler got hurt and not by a sack either but by trying to tackle a guy after throwing an int to one of our short WR'S . But that was without a number one WR or the threat by our WR's. Now that we have a true #1 and may draft another for the other side.....teams wil have to back off and respect our passing game, thus giving our line more time to block with less players to block. Now Green and Jones are good WR'S...and Marshall is a step above them but if you add another WR on the other side then you will give the defense trouble (Like Jones & White in ATL) and that will open up our offense to be in position to take advantage of the defense. We are still going to get help i the draft and FA for our line....because the GM has said so....just not picing up scrubs and injury prone players, but getting the ones the really fit our needs..

The problem with the first round WR, there are only two that are considered valve picks at 19. Blackmon and Floyd, the rest are end of first round or 2nd round choices. We need an impact player at that spot, I dont think Hill will have a impact his first year,he may grow down the road, but who ever we take there needs to start right away, whether OT, CB, DE, or WR. I have been saying from day one we need three new WRs, I just think we need to be smart with there addition. I dont think taking A 40th rated player that might take time to develope gives us any impact moving forward. Having said that I think Hill or Randle or Wright in the second round would be a good addition, but at the first round spot, they will be an impact player there we just need to take him whether any of our spots of need.

Ditto. (Scary that we agree again). Ha ha

And Jason, Williams and Carimi are 1st round picks and they didn't play Tackle as much as Webb did last year. I'm just sayin.

So, because of two WRs who have done fairly well recently, and two OLinemen who had injuries their rookie year, you think the concept of OL in the first is bad but WR in the first is good? :blink: That's a pretty small sample size. What about the slew of WRs drafted in the first round who put up pedestrian or underwhelming numbers their first year? And what about the ton of OLinemen who started their first year and did very well? And what about the fact that with the signing of Marshall, LT is now unequivocally the #1 area of need?

When it comes down to it, now that Marshall has been acquired the hole at WR is not as glaring. Meanwhile there is a still a gaping hole at LT. What the Bears need at WR now is an upgrade over the following:

Player A: 37 Rec, 727 Yds, 2 TDs

Player B: 26 Rec, 369 Yds, 1 TD

Player C: 37 Rec, 507 Yds, 2 TDs

I would say the Bears need to focus on one or two players instead of trying to get all three receptions. Then you end up with a #3 WR who gets something like 50 Rec, 700 Yds, 5 TDs, while Marshall gets the lion's share and Bennett works as the solid possession WR. The result would be an upgrade because one player could excel with more focus, targets, etc.