Seahawks get Flynn

adam

Flynn played one game and now gets $8mil/yr for 3 years. That's a good deal for him but I think Seattle overpaid just the Cards overpaid for for Kolb last year (and again this year). QB desperation and for once I can actually say I like our backup more than their starters. Who would have thought that would happen.

Guest TerraTor
Flynn played one game and now gets $8mil/yr for 3 years. That's a good deal for him but I think Seattle overpaid just the Cards overpaid for for Kolb last year (and again this year). QB desperation and for once I can actually say I like our backup more than their starters. Who would have thought that would happen.

They need to trade down and grab Tannehill or the next guy in line.... At least they have Reggie Bush.. ha!

They need to trade down and grab Tannehill or the next guy in line.... At least they have Reggie Bush.. ha!

lol Reggie Bush. Looks like they are trying to get Alex Smith, which to me is not an upgrade at all, especially for the reported $8 mil a year.

That is a big payday for his talent.

Basically, he had one huge game, a fantastic performance, with a group of the best WRs in the league, and gets 10 Million guaranteed.

Not bad. I have no idea if this guy is worth a darn, but he sure did make a lot of money off of that one game.

Basically, he had one huge game, a fantastic performance, with a group of the best WRs in the league, and gets 10 Million guaranteed.

Not bad. I have no idea if this guy is worth a darn, but he sure did make a lot of money off of that one game.

Well it looks like the Packers will be in trouble (like we were last year) if Rodgers goes down, they now have Harrell and Hill as backups......lol neither has even played in a game.

Not sure why he didn't sign with Miami, given their head coach was Flynn's old QB coach and they will be running the same offense. Atleast I would think they are. It's a safer way for him to make more money in the future, but instead he will have to learn an entirely new system and may end up falling on his face without that quarterback friendly system they had down in GB.

I happen to think Flynn is going to be pretty damn good. I was calling it at the end of last season after that Patriot game. Then he goes out and throws for like 500 some yards a 5 or 6 TD's against Detroit in the last game of the season.. All of his mannerisms are nearly identical to Rodgers. The way he moves, throws, throws on the run, improvises etc.. All similar to Rodgers. That means he got some terrific coaching and as I said, that came from the guy who is now running the show in Miami.

Not sure why he didn't sign with Miami, given their head coach was Flynn's old QB coach and they will be running the same offense. Atleast I would think they are. It's a safer way for him to make more money in the future, but instead he will have to learn an entirely new system and may end up falling on his face without that quarterback friendly system they had down in GB.

I happen to think Flynn is going to be pretty damn good. I was calling it at the end of last season after that Patriot game. Then he goes out and throws for like 500 some yards a 5 or 6 TD's against Detroit in the last game of the season.. All of his mannerisms are nearly identical to Rodgers. The way he moves, throws, throws on the run, improvises etc.. All similar to Rodgers. That means he got some terrific coaching and as I said, that came from the guy who is now running the show in Miami.

I think he signed with a team that was not chasing Manning or another QB so that he can have a chance to start. He will be the starter with the Seahawks over Jackson.

Matt Moore is not that bad a QB (last year anyway 2,500yds 16-9 in 12 starts) that I think they'll have to draft one in the first, too many other holes on that team, like WR. OH Hai Brandon Marshall

Well it looks like the Packers will be in trouble (like we were last year) if Rodgers goes down, they now have Harrell and Hill as backups......lol neither has even played in a game.

I actually like Harrell. Dude was a beast at Texas Tech. And this is exactly why the Packers, as much as I hate them, could teach the Bears a thing or two about team building. They get rid of Farv, have Rodgers waiting. Rodgers has Flynn as a capable backup. Flynn departs to huge money (overpaid), and a good prospect sits in the wings.

Meanwhile, Cutler goes down and freaking Hanie takes a steaming dump on the rest of the Bears' season.

I actually like Harrell. Dude was a beast at Texas Tech. And this is exactly why the Packers, as much as I hate them, could teach the Bears a thing or two about team building. They get rid of Farv, have Rodgers waiting. Rodgers has Flynn as a capable backup. Flynn departs to huge money (overpaid), and a good prospect sits in the wings.

Meanwhile, Cutler goes down and freaking Hanie takes a steaming dump on the rest of the Bears' season.

How could anyone have known that Flynn would do what he did. The guy was a 7th round pick. The Bears invested more in the past couple years than the Packers did (Enderle, Levour or whatever his name is). And than there was Hanie who went undrafted but most people thought would go in the 5th or 6th round.

The only difference is the Packers hit on there back-up.

How could anyone have known that Flynn would do what he did. The guy was a 7th round pick. The Bears invested more in the past couple years than the Packers did (Enderle, Levour or whatever his name is). And than there was Hanie who went undrafted but most people thought would go in the 5th or 6th round.

The only difference is the Packers hit on there back-up.

The Packers are better than anyone at football when it comes to drafting talent. All it took was a little coaching up and two years playing under Aaron Rodgers to make him into a valuable commodity. Kid is going to be good.

The Packers are better than anyone at football when it comes to drafting talent. All it took was a little coaching up and a year playing under Aaron Rodgers to make him into a valuable commodity. Kid is going to be good.

I'm not 100% sure about that. I think Flynn knew the system well and responded to it. He's a solid QB but I don't know if he's a stud. That said, I think the Seahawks needed a QB and were smart to sign him (even if he busts, Carrol has to get in a guy that he thinks can at least be a decent QB and I think Flynn can be that). I think his overall tools limit him from being anything more than that, but I could be wrong.

I look at Flynn similar to how I look at Cassel. And I really don't think either will be much more than a Kyle Orton (which isn't a bad thing, just they won't be probowlers).

The Packers are better than anyone at football when it comes to drafting talent. All it took was a little coaching up and two years playing under Aaron Rodgers to make him into a valuable commodity. Kid is going to be good.

Bingo. It's not about simply investing. It's about investing smartly. How could the Packers know? Beats me, but they always seem to know.

I remember watching Harrell throw pass after pass in the dirt at either the Senior Bowl practices or somewhere else. These weren't difficult throws, just some 20 yard routes and he didn't have the arm strength to even get the ball there. I"m sure he can throw a football 50 yards because even a scrub like me used to throw about that. However, try to put that pass on a line and it won't happen. In college he was a good quick read QB in a spread offense and IIRC most of those routes were sit down types so he wasn't hitting guys on the run. I'm sure Harrell has improved arm strength and likely his mechanics (if that were needed) but I'd love to see him on the field against the Bears instead of Rodgers.