Pick one

Stinger226

Who do you take if all are there

Coples/DE

Martin/OT

Floyd.WR

I would have to say Coples would be the biggest impact player at that spot.

Coples is the higher rated player of the bunch and is being compared to another former Tarheel alum already on the Bears roster.

Guest TerraTor
Coples is the higher rated player of the bunch and is being compared to another former Tarheel alum already on the Bears roster.

Almost have to go Coples. But my choice is Floyd. Because I dont trust any of our Wr past BMarsh

Martin hands down. Coples isnt an ideal fit for us since we have Peppers and i think we need to add a true speed rusher. I think Martin can hold down the left side fpr a decade and Im good with that.

Question on Coples; wouldn't his type be more typical of the side he would play? Imo-he and Peppers are clones with Peppers being out of position for size and skillset you are referring to... Btw-like Martin to.

I'm confused with the discussion about what side Peppers played.I saw him line up on the left and right side on some plays and even in the middle of the DL on a few plays.Some times he and Izzy would switch as they were lining up. If we got a shot at Coples with the type of rotation that is played on the DL he would fit.

I'm confused with the discussion about what side Peppers played.I saw him line up on the left and right side on some plays and even in the middle of the DL on a few plays.Some times he and Izzy would switch as they were lining up. If we got a shot at Coples with the type of rotation that is played on the DL he would fit.

That's kinda what I was eluding to...

1) Martin, 2) Coples, 3) Floyd.

I picked Martin #1 because he is a very smart player and put on weight recently. I think he is a better RT fit in the NFL than a LT fit, but with coaching from Tice, I think he can be a solid LT in the NFL, which makes him 498x better than Webb.

Coples would be interesting, because he has so much potential and the Bears have a need at DE, but there are a lot of people who think he doesn't take football seriously enough. I think if he's there at 19, he'll be too big of a prospect for Lovie to pass up.

I like Floyd, don't get me wrong, but this is a very deep WR class, and there are plenty of WR's who the Bears can take in the 3rd or 4th round who can make an impact and who can be good #2/3 WR's in the NFL (Criner, Jenkins, McNutt, Hilton, Streeter).

Peppers even lined up at DT some. There was talk that if the Bears signed Mario Williams, there would be times where Williams or Peppers would play DE, and the other would play right next to him at DT.

Martin is like most lineman in this draft, more of a run blocker than a pass protector. If I'm bringing in a tackle in this draft, I want the guy to be sound in the passing game. Especially if he's going to be my left tackle. The lineman class overall is a weak position in this draft.

Coples would finally give us a viable pass rushing threat we have had on the other side of Peppers since he's been here. Ironically enough, both he and Peppers went to the same school and both came into the league with "Questionable motors." There's no way Lovie would pass up a guy like him if he indeed falls out of the top 15.

Floyd has been my #1 target ever since the acquisition of Brandon Marshall. His skills are undeniable as a receiver but he has his issues. I have to pause now when I think about Floyd and Marshall on the same team together for reasons other than football. Could end up being a bad combo because of the legal troubles both guys are constantly involved in.

I picked Martin #1 because he is a very smart player and put on weight recently. I think he is a better RT fit in the NFL than a LT fit, but with coaching from Tice, I think he can be a solid LT in the NFL, which makes him 498x better than Webb.

Coples would be interesting, because he has so much potential and the Bears have a need at DE, but there are a lot of people who think he doesn't take football seriously enough. I think if he's there at 19, he'll be too big of a prospect for Lovie to pass up.

I like Floyd, don't get me wrong, but this is a very deep WR class, and there are plenty of WR's who the Bears can take in the 3rd or 4th round who can make an impact and who can be good #2/3 WR's in the NFL (Criner, Jenkins, McNutt, Hilton, Streeter).

On the film clips that I saw he looked small(in weight) and athletic as opposed to Reiff who looked big and slow. Martin has the movement and the feet that translate to a LT.

1. Martin

2. Floyd

3. Coples

I obviously choose OL. I believe the addition of Martin would provide a nearly elite OL of:

Martin-Williams-Garza-Louis-Carimi

But if they think that Williams is ready to move back over to LT, then I'd hope they'd make that move early and pick Floyd.

Floyd would be a great addition, but the Bears already got a guy identical to him in the offseason.

Coples would be a great addition to the D, but I don't think his impact on the DL would be as great as the impact on the OL. This is mostly due to coaching because I don't believe the way the Bears scheme plays Defense, and more specifically rushes the passer, is ideal for an elite pass rusher. They appear to limit the movement of the DE to make him less dynamic by having him rush upfield almost exclusively.

Great question here.

One thing I'm positive of is that ALL 3 won't be there when we pick.

Based on need....I'd take Martin. Watching how badly Cut has been pounded the past few years has been troubling to say the least. I don't mean to preach to the choir here, but it's been bad. Add in to the fact that I'm not sold on Webb as a starting LT and Carimi may be injury prone his entire career........the Bears have to address T in the draft. They just have to.

Based on best player...I'm going with Floyd. I understand Floyd isn't rated as high as either of these two in most draft rankings, but I just think that much of him. I really believe the Rams will try to deal down a few spots from 6, but if they can't find an offer that favors them enough to ensure them Floyd....they MAY just take him at 6. I'm not going to rule that out at all.

If Coples were there......MERCY! I would say he's the least likely of the 3 to be there, however there is some buzz he may fall.

I don't have any issue with anyone stating any of the 3 being their choice. However, if I had to choose between the 3...I'd take Martin. If we didn't deal for Marshall, it would be Floyd, but thank god we have Brandon Marshall.

Great question here.

Based on need....I'd take Martin. Watching how badly Cut has been pounded the past few years has been troubling to say the least. I don't mean to preach to the choir here, but it's been bad. Add in to the fact that I'm not sold on Webb as a starting LT and Carimi may be injury prone his entire career........the Bears have to address T in the draft. They just have to.

Based on best player...I'm going with Floyd. I understand Floyd isn't rated as high as either of these two in most draft rankings, but I just think that much of him. I really believe the Rams will try to deal down a few spots from 6, but if they can't find an offer that favors them enough to ensure them Floyd....they MAY just take him at 6. I'm not going to rule that out at all.

If Coples were there......MERCY! I would say he's the least likely of the 3 to be there, however there is some buzz he may fall.

I don't have any issue with anyone stating any of the 3 being their choice. However, if I had to choose between the 3...I'd take Martin. If we didn't deal for Marshall, it would be Floyd, but thank god we have Brandon Marshall.

As you have stated none of them are expected to be there. Which will make it interesting because someone projected much higher will drop, as always happens in the draft.

Martin just had a bad pro day, and some people think he isn't strong enough to play tackle. From NFPost.com:

"He's got the NFL size, length and overall athletic skill set. However, he's not a natural anchor player and doesn't strike me as a guy who is ever going to be real physical at the next level. He can mirror in space, but struggles to stick through contact and isn't real heavy handed. Looks like a finesse tackle who will get over drafted because of athletic talent, but is going to have a hard time keeping the edge clean at the next level."

Sounds like Chris Williams to me. I'd much rather have a fearsome pass-rusher or a potentially elite WR than another soft LT.

THe news on Martin after his recent workout is that he's dropping to a late first round pick. Reiff is supposedly dropping too. It is possible one of these guys is there for us but of the two I prefer Martin who has the better feet to play LT. I believe Martin is coming out a year early so while there are questions about his strength in a long term perspective that is correctable.

Who do you take if all are there

Coples/DE

Martin/OT

Floyd.WR

I would have to say Coples would be the biggest impact player at that spot.

I say Coples/DE. I dont think Floyd will be anything special in the pros (and i am a Notre Dame fan), and we can get OLine help later

I say Coples/DE. I dont think Floyd will be anything special in the pros (and i am a Notre Dame fan), and we can get OLine help later

This morning I was listening to the SCORE and Rosie made an interesting comment. He stated that you need to add to make the defense strong this year and not worry about replacing people that are starting to get old. They are going all in and it is just about this year and you will have to deal with the aging players next year and going forward. Also he talked to John Mullin and said that the Bears are staisfied with the OLine. Which I didnt like to hear, but hope they still add a couple of bodies to the mix if Carmi doesnt stay healthy or Webb and Williams dont pan out. I think we probably have enough in the middle if we get the OT thing figured out.

Great question here.

You're positive?

This morning I was listening to the SCORE and Rosie made an interesting comment. He stated that you need to add to make the defense strong this year and not worry about replacing people that are starting to get old. They are going all in and it is just about this year and you will have to deal with the aging players next year and going forward. Also he talked to John Mullin and said that the Bears are staisfied with the OLine. Which I didnt like to hear, but hope they still add a couple of bodies to the mix if Carmi doesnt stay healthy or Webb and Williams dont pan out. I think we probably have enough in the middle if we get the OT thing figured out.

I think it's safe to say Webb will never pan out.

Agreed. I think the Bears can get a very quality WR in the 2nd round. I would definitley go with a Coples or even Nick Perry in the 1st round. If you can get two solid play makers on both ends of the line, you are probably going to extend Urlachers career and the urgency to improve the defensive backfield wouldn't be so high.