Bush to bears 4 year

Chitownhustla

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why?? So we now have Forte, Bush, Barber, and Bell???

I assume Marion Barber will be cut shortly.

I feel this money coulda been used elsewhere.

Earlier on, I would have agreed but everyone has already signed. Michael Bush is a legit #1 RB in this league and he's signing here to be our #2. Also has been extremely durable throughout his career. It's a great move not only football wise but it also keeps us from worrying about Forte holding out.

Earlier on, I would have agreed but everyone has already signed. Michael Bush is a legit #1 RB in this league and he's signing here to be our #2. Also has been extremely durable throughout his career. It's a great move not only football wise but it also keeps us from worrying about Forte holding out.

Exactly.

Ninja Emery at it again.

Meh, I guess....Woulda liked that money thrown at say, Manny Lawson.

Guest TerraTor

Legit number 1? How

why?? So we now have Forte, Bush, Barber, and Bell??? I dont hate the move but I liked Barber as your short yardage guy, and Bell looked pretty good last year too. I feel this money coulda been used elsewhere.

Right now all we have on the roster is Barber and now Bush plus the practice squad guys. Bell and Forte haven't signed their tenders.

Good question....I'd say no, but that could change.

Right now Forte can't be traded because he is unsigned.This move was made to be insurance against a holdout by Matt and a possible replacement for Barber who doesn't seem to be a high football IQ player.Don't be shocked if they add a body in the draft also.

I am good with it, push Forte's hand. I am sick and tired of players with their hold outs or egos. He was offered a very fair contract and turned it down. We have an offensive weapon at WR now which will take some pressure off the RBs.

Amen!

I am good with it, push Forte's hand. I am sick and tired of players with their hold outs or egos. He was offered a very fair contract and turned it down. We have an offensive weapon at WR now which will take some pressure off the RBs.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827c9c5b/article/having-bush-in-fold-lets-bears-be-tougher-with-forte

this article essentially explains this move to add Bush a good business move to put Forte in a corner.

The Chargers let LT go as did the Cowboys with Emmett Smith who was the NFL all time leading rusher. This is a business decision.

exactly. Professional athletes are the only employees who can essentially go on strike by themselves.

I think I deserve 50K more a year because the guy down the street makes it but that doesn't mean I can not show up to work and expect no ramifications. I love Matt but now he is expendable.