Bush to bears 4 year

Chitownhustla

It comes down to this: You're making 7+ million this season. You can't say "good guys finish last" (and it's nice guys that finish last . . . not good guys).

You are a top 5 highest paid NFL back this season. That's pretty damn good.

Bush's deal is reportedly 14 Million for 4years with 7 guaranteed. The rest of the contract is 1.75 mil per year.If you prorate the bonus for the first 2 years thats 5.25 million a year more than 2 million less than what Forte is tagged for. Forte being pissed is about as important as you and me being pissed.The Bears have the ability to franchise him again next year so If he truly wants to leave sign the tender and ask for a trade.Don't do it threw the social media. More importantly is the Bears now don't have to do anything because he is franchised and they have Bush and Barber under contract. Don't get me wrong I believe Forte is the best Bears RB since Neal Anderson and would hate to see him go but,I've been a Bear fan longer than he has been living.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point. Lets take a look at the last decade of Superbowl winning RB's

2002 Patriots- Antowain Smith

2003 Buccaneers- Michael Pittman

2004 Patriots- Antowain Smith

2005 Patriots- Corey Dillon

2006 Steelers- Willie Parker

2007 Colts- Joseph Addai

2008 Giants- Brandon Jacobs

2009 Steelers- Willie Parker

2010 Saints- Pierre Thomas

2011 Packers- James Starks

2012 Giants- Ahmad Bradshaw

We seem to be establishing a trend here. I don't see a single RB from any of these teams that were Top 5 big money guys.

Didn't Corey Dillon have something like 1,500 yards in 2005? Also, I know there are at least 4-5 1,000 backs on that list.

After watching some video on Bush, I was originally of the opinion he was more like Barber less like Forte. Bush appears to run upright and catches out of the backfield pretty well. Hmmm... Almost identical. He even "jukes" a little like Forte. Couple differences, just by video, is that Bush looks faster than Forte (in the open field) and looks like he keeps his feet moving on contact, forward backward or sideways. The fact that his yardage, average YPC and TDs are similar to Forte makes me think the Bears may have just added another Forte like runner, of which they already had in Bell.

After watching some video on Bush, I was originally of the opinion he was more like Barber less like Forte. Bush appears to run upright and catches out of the backfield pretty well. Hmmm... Almost identical. He even "jukes" a little like Forte. Couple differences, just by video, is that Bush looks faster than Forte (in the open field) and looks like he keeps his feet moving on contact, forward backward or sideways. The fact that his yardage, average YPC and TDs are similar to Forte makes me think the Bears may have just added another Forte like runner, of which they already had in Bell.

The Bears should give FORTE a deal like Foster and Lynch and call it a day because he will sign it at this point. I think we can see the release of either Barber (bone headed plays) or Bell (fumbles to much)

I just wish Forte would shut up. How would anyone say he's been a "pro" throughout the whole process? A pro would've been him saying "I only want to play for the Bears. I hope my agent can get something done with them. I want to receive a fair deal and I want my deal to give the organization room to sign more players. I understand RB's have a short shelf life in this league." That would've been professional. Instead, he didn't accept a very reasonable deal offered, he's retweeting people on twitter weekly that say s*** like "PAY FORTE," and he's even going on radio and talk shows asking for a new deal. Those same people wanting an extension for Forte will be the ones who will be pissed at Emery 3 years into Forte's 6 year extension saying "Emery is a f***ing idiot. Why did he give a running back coming off an injury a 6 year extension who already had 4 years in the league? WTF. Now our cap situation is screwed." Get a grip on things, people. This Bush signing has more to do with Barber's future in Chicago than Forte's, anyway.

If a team wants to give the Bears a 1st round pick for Forte, go for it, Emery.

And BTW, f*** Greg Olsen. Stop tweeting about the Bears' issues. You're in Carolina now, a place where no one even knows professional football exists. How does that f***ing taste, loser? You were an overrated sack of garbage here and the Bears should feel lucky a team gave them a 3rd round pick for your lazy ass. If you want to comment on how a team handles their RB situation, talk to your own president, owner, and GM. Those guys were the same ones who recently signed Mike Tolbert a year after overpaying for DeAngelo Williams and a few years after drafting Jonathan Stewart, telling everyone who cares in Charlotte that either Stewart or Williams will be cut or traded soon. Athletic tight end my ass.

I agree Forte shut up and be a man, everyone knows you want a long term deal. I want him to get a long term deal. I also agree with your comments on Olsen, worry about yourself and the Panthers.

It looks like the Bears and Forte may be a long way apart. Or the Bears just dont want to pay him that much. Either way the Tag is apart of the NFl agreed upon by the owners and players. It sucks that Forte has to deal with it but it is what it is. He will make 7.7 million this year and if he gets tagged again he would make another 9 to 10 million. 16- 17 million is not bad for 2 years if the Bears tag him twice which is their right to do. That is 16-17 guranteed as well. If they sign a long term deal what do you think he would get in guranteed money???18-20??? So he made 500,000 last year now if they cant get a deal done he will make 7.7 million. Cry me a river.

I hope they get a deal done that is good for both parties. There is alot of time between now and july(which i think is the deadline to have a contract count this year). There is no reason to run to twitter and radio to bitch about things just yet. Emery is stepping into a pretty bad situation with Forte and the Bears. Forte's feelings have been hurt starting with JA and now it looks like Emery feels the same way about Forte in regards to Forte's contract. Or maybe Ted Phillips and McCaskey had already made the decision once Forte balked at the last contract offered to forte. Who knows what is going on inside Halas hall, i thought for sure they would have had Forte wrapped up by know.

Does anyone know what Forte actually wants to regards to years, guranteed, per year money?? also what have the Bears offered???

I definitely want Forte signed to a reasonable contract long term. It seems clear to me that Forte is basing his demands on the fact he is 50% or thereabouts of our total offense and the Bears are basing it on his peers. Simply put he is more Lynch than Foster and thats where the contract should be. As much as I like him you just cant overpay for a RB. If someone dropped a first round pick on us for him then I'm good with it and go build an oline anyone can run behind.

Didn't Corey Dillon have something like 1,500 yards in 2005? Also, I know there are at least 4-5 1,000 backs on that list.

Yeah he had a great year during their Superbowl run. 1,635 yards 12 TDs. But I don't believe he was getting paid like a Top 5 RB at the time, and that's the point. It's a passing league now. I don't have a problem paying Forte alot of money, but not to the amount he is asking. It's just dumb football if the Bears give in to him.