Bears to kick the tires on WVa DE Irvin

lemonej

His blistering 40 time at the Combine of 4.43 at 245 pounds opened eyes.For some scouts to project him to OLB is a stretch since he has never done anything other than DE. He feels he would need to add more weight to be even a situational pass rusher. Lovie went to the pro day and now he is scheduled to come to Halas Hall. The biggest knock on him is his checkered past dropping out of HS and spending time in "Juve" for what he says was "Running with the wrong crowd". He eventually got a GED and went to Mt. San Antonio JC before enrolling at W Va.

His blistering 40 time at the Combine of 4.43 at 245 pounds opened eyes.For some scouts to project him to OLB is a stretch since he has never done anything other than DE. He feels he would need to add more weight to be even a situational pass rusher. Lovie went to the pro day and now he is scheduled to come to Halas Hall. The biggest knock on him is his checkered past dropping out of HS and spending time in "Juve" for what he says was "Running with the wrong crowd". He eventually got a GED and went to Mt. San Antonio JC before enrolling at W Va.

3rd round?

3rd round?

That would be great, I'm just unclear as to what 3rd rounder the Bears gave up for Marshall. I've seen where its the first one or Carolina's in mocks which is in the 70's and I think the original Bears pick is 81 I believe which if that is so it will move up one because of the Saints fofeiting their second rounder. I just have a feeling some 3-4 team will make him a reach in the mid second. He could be the Jason Pierre-Paul of this year's draft.

That would be great, I'm just unclear as to what 3rd rounder the Bears gave up for Marshall. I've seen where its the first one or Carolina's in mocks which is in the 70's and I think the original Bears pick is 81 I believe which if that is so it will move up one because of the Saints fofeiting their second rounder. I just have a feeling some 3-4 team will make him a reach in the mid second. He could be the Jason Pierre-Paul of this year's draft.

It was our own pick we gave up.

So what about the checked past...that might have been the past....hey people can change...... with the vetern leadership in the Bears locker room I would draft this guy and put all that 4.4 speed on the other side of Peppers as a rush DE/LB and other teams QB will have problems all day running from him and Peppers. I see him like Matthews from the Packers. Fast enough to bother the Qb and get them off balance making the back seven better.

I'm pretty sure we gave up Carolina's pick (the earlier one), and kept our original pick this year.

According to the Bears website in the questions answered it did say it was the better of the 2 picks we gave up, the one from Carolina.