Coby Fleener

Guest TerraTor

We have other areas of need that we need to fill before we bring in a quality TE.

If we thought Fleener could be a top tier TE, you take him at #19. If he can be a weapon that can stretch the field and do ok blocking, that helps your offense.

That being said, from everything I've read, Fleener is considered a bit of a reach at #19. If he's there in round #2, he'd be a steal.

Well, maybe not QB or RB.

For the short term that's true, but for the long term, that's easily the best course of action.

Think about how ridiculous is was when Green Bay drafted Aaron Rogers when they had Favre, or when the Broncos drafted Cutler when they had Jake the Snake (why can't I think of his last name? I keep thinking of Jake the Snake Roberts who was the wrestler) If Ryan Tanehill is there at #19, we should at least consider it.

It won't happen, but the NFL has placed little value on running backs this offseason. What if Trent Richardson was available? Do you pass on him?

The Giants keep drafting DE's when they're loaded at the position.

If you take the best player available, everything else becomes easier.

For the short term that's true, but for the long term, that's easily the best course of action.

Think about how ridiculous is was when Green Bay drafted Aaron Rogers when they had Favre, or when the Broncos drafted Cutler when they had Jake the Snake (why can't I think of his last name? I keep thinking of Jake the Snake Roberts who was the wrestler) If Ryan Tanehill is there at #19, we should at least consider it.

It won't happen, but the NFL has placed little value on running backs this offseason. What if Trent Richardson was available? Do you pass on him?

The Giants keep drafting DE's when they're loaded at the position.

Plummer.

As for your post, I agree with it all, except Tannehill. The Bears SHOULD NOT consider him. If they do, it should be to draft him and trade him, but in the NFL, typically the selections are traded. In the NBA, guys are drafted and later traded.

Well, maybe not QB or RB.

I agree. I just didn't think there would be anyone in those two categories that would be available at 19 unless Richardson or Tannehill slipped. If that happened, it would be hard to pass on Richardson, and there would have to be some takers for 19 if we did not want Tannehill. I would say we are a year or two off (at least) from drafting a QB in the first or second round.

Favre was old when they got Aaron...not the same.

The problem with drafting QB in the first round when you've already got one is only one can play at a time, and paying two QBs starter money is tough. How did pushing Cutler into the lineup over Plummer work out for Denver in the end? Then years later rather than supporting Orton with a position of need, they pick up a project like Tebow? Now they're on yet another QB. Denver's not a good example because they've continually squandered their relatively good fortune at QB since Elway. I don't want us to do the same. This time...I think we'll have the sense to appreciate what it means to not have a question mark at QB.

Looks like a Greg Olsen clone. I'd take him if he slid to the 2nd.

Agreed he is basically considered a receiving TE and not much of an in line blocker which is the knock on most TEs coming into the league. I agree with most of the scouts assessment and that is there really isn't a first round talent at the position this year.