NO KNOX-2012

Stinger226

It has been announced, J. Knox on pup list, if there doing that now, he wont play for 2012.

His contract is up after this year also. That would be an interest move since they are discussing changes to the IR rules at the owners meetings.I have heard that they are considering allowing players on IR during TC not counting against the roster during that time and then you will have the abilty to activate the player during the season similar to PUP list but must cut someone to create a roster spot.

Of course, him being there to start the year was expected, but this is still way too early in the process to say "He won't play in 2012" or "he won't play ever again". Of course, management certainly knows that's a possibility, but it's hard to guess what their motivation is for leaking this now.

Of course, him being there to start the year was expected, but this is still way too early in the process to say "He won't play in 2012" or "he won't play ever again". Of course, management certainly knows that's a possibility, but it's hard to guess what their motivation is for leaking this now.

It just goes back to what I was saying all along we are going to draft a WR in the 1st RD, Floyd/Hill or in later rounds and maybe look back into FA at whats left because Know will not be ready to play the way we need him to play. But it will be the draft because below is whats left in the FA market. But I would just "look" at the bold ones

Ruvell Martin (BUF)

Roscoe Parrish (BUF)

Lee Evans (BAL)

Legedu Naanee (CAR)

Roy Williams (CHI)

Jerome Simpson (CIN)

Rashied Davis (DET)

Maurice Stovall (DET)

Braylon Edwards (FA)

Bryant Johnson (HOU)

Jerheme Urban (KC)

Bernard Berrian (MIN)

Greg Camarillo (MIN)

Matt Slater (NE)

Courtney Roby (NO)

Domenik Hixon (NYG)

Devin Thomas (NYG)

Plaxico Burress (NYJ)

TJ Houshmandzadeh (OAK)

Derek Hagan (OAK)

Steve Smith (PHI)

Jerricho Cotchery (PIT)

Arnaz Battle (PIT)

Patrick Crayton (SD)

Ted Ginn (SF)

Mark Clayton (STL)

Mike Sims-Walker (STL)

Micheal Spurlock (TB)

Kevin Curtis (TEN)

David Anderson (WAS)

But you didn't know that conclusively until the report. Which is why the WR in the first didn't make sense post-Marshall. Now it makes a little more sense, but it's still more prudent to get one of the four LTs if he drops to the Bears at 19, because after that it's very thin. Meanwhile, the WRs in the draft are very deep, and good talent can be found in rounds 2-4.

But you didn't know that conclusively until the report. Which is why the WR in the first didn't make sense post-Marshall. Now it makes a little more sense, but it's still more prudent to get one of the four LTs if he drops to the Bears at 19, because after that it's very thin. Meanwhile, the WRs in the draft are very deep, and good talent can be found in rounds 2-4.

I did know....like I said before would you put a guy on the field that just had a broken back????? Hell no...... like I stated before they should put him on IR and either get three WR in FA and or the draft. Now Im making sense, but I was speaking from a football saftey point of view back then. I would not risk the career for Knox. We got one WR (Marshall) and another in Weems (for Hurd) but we need another one. Just one and it does not have to be in the 1st RD, but Floyd or Hill would look good on the other side of the Beast.

Of course he won't play this year. He almost died on the field. Why would you rush this if you were him? Frankly, the Bears are doing him a favor by putting him on the PUP list. He's still going to get paid. He just needs to sit back and get healthy, but I don't believe he will be playing for the Bears when he is ready.

Seriously....

Did anyone really think Knox would be a playing this coming season? We all saw the horrible injury I believe. The reports the Bears put out always left hope, as they are supposed to do. But the reality is that this young man should be lucky that he's walking let alone playing again at an NFL level.

I wish him all the best getting better. But I do not think he'll ever play again.

I did know....like I said before would you put a guy on the field that just had a broken back????? Hell no...... like I stated before they should put him on IR

I did know....like I said before would you put a guy on the field that just had a broken back????? Hell no...... like I stated before they should put him on IR and either get three WR in FA and or the draft. Now Im making sense, but I was speaking from a football saftey point of view back then. I would not risk the career for Knox. We got one WR (Marshall) and another in Weems (for Hurd) but we need another one. Just one and it does not have to be in the 1st RD, but Floyd or Hill would look good on the other side of the Beast.

Prior to the Combine what did you know about Hill? Whenever one of these prospects goes from a 4th rd projection to a late first you have to start to research what he did during the season. 28 catches for 820 yds last season which averages out to a 29.2 yds per catch net. Thats a pretty high average so that tells you that he ran a lot of deep routes. The other problem is that most of his career yardage came this past season from a triple option offense.He is decribed by scouts as a beast of a blocker but is limited on his route running because of the offense heplayed in. Now we have to project him learning a more sophisticated passing offense with Drake coaching him up and I'm not too optomistic of his coaching abilty. How well has he done with Knox and Hester? Hill is an upside prospect and will need to be coached up. I can't see that being worthy of a 19th pick. I got no question that Floyd can make the transition. I would prefer they take a guy in the second or third that is a little more polished as a route runner. Some scouts are comparing him to Derius Heyward-Bey. I think he is more along the lines of fellow Ga Tech alum D. Thomas of Denver who is still a work in progress. The Bears need a guy that should be able to contribute right away.

It's procedural. There's no need for the Bears to go IR at the moment. Plus there could be changes due to the owners meetings.

I think it's about as premature as saying I'm not going to win the lottery this year... Yup, it could happen, but based on what you saw, what you know, and what the game is all about...odds are it's not happening.

The PUP list means he can't play the first 6 weeks of the year. IR means out for the year. I think it's premature of everyone to say that "NO KNOX 2012."

It's procedural. There's no need for the Bears to go IR at the moment. Plus there could be changes due to the owners meetings.

I think it's about as premature as saying I'm not going to win the lottery this year... Yup, it could happen, but based on what you saw, what you know, and what the game is all about...odds are it's not happening.

heck, I can't figure out a good reason for announcing this step now.

Depending on how his rehab is going, an obvious reason for him to play is to get paid. Before the injury, he turned down a contract extension with the Bears worth 4 million per season. Then he gets injured. I feel awful for the guy to turn down that kind of money.

He's not worth much until he can prove he can still play. If he can prove himself, it's not to late for him to get paid.

Of course he won't play this year. He almost died on the field. Why would you rush this if you were him? Frankly, the Bears are doing him a favor by putting him on the PUP list. He's still going to get paid. He just needs to sit back and get healthy, but I don't believe he will be playing for the Bears when he is ready.

It really goes to show that a bird in hand is almost always worth 2 in the bush...

Depending on how his rehab is going, an obvious reason for him to play is to get paid. Before the injury, he turned down a contract extension with the Bears worth 4 million per season. Then he gets injured. I feel awful for the guy to turn down that kind of money.

He's not worth much until he can prove he can still play. If he can prove himself, it's not to late for him to get paid.

Tribune says Tice has a plan to utilize Hester in the offense as a WR. Just for the record, he's the 3rd OC to say that.

While it's a possibility, I don't think it's likely we'll draft a WR in round #1. The way WR have been going in free agency, I expect Floyd will be a top 10 pick.

It just goes back to what I was saying all along we are going to draft a WR in the 1st RD, Floyd/Hill or in later rounds and maybe look back into FA at whats left because Know will not be ready to play the way we need him to play. But it will be the draft because below is whats left in the FA market. But I would just "look" at the bold ones

Ruvell Martin (BUF)

Roscoe Parrish (BUF)

Lee Evans (BAL)

Legedu Naanee (CAR)

Roy Williams (CHI)

Jerome Simpson (CIN)

Rashied Davis (DET)

Maurice Stovall (DET)

Braylon Edwards (FA)

Bryant Johnson (HOU)

Jerheme Urban (KC)

Bernard Berrian (MIN)

Greg Camarillo (MIN)

Matt Slater (NE)

Courtney Roby (NO)

Domenik Hixon (NYG)

Devin Thomas (NYG)

Plaxico Burress (NYJ)

TJ Houshmandzadeh (OAK)

Derek Hagan (OAK)

Steve Smith (PHI)

Jerricho Cotchery (PIT)

Arnaz Battle (PIT)

Patrick Crayton (SD)

Ted Ginn (SF)

Mark Clayton (STL)

Mike Sims-Walker (STL)

Micheal Spurlock (TB)

Kevin Curtis (TEN)

David Anderson (WAS)

No surprise there. We can't just line up Bennett and Marshall... Hester is a viable option. And how that we have a legit #1 in Marshall, Hester may actually be utilized correctly.

Tribune says Tice has a plan to utilize Hester in the offense as a WR. Just for the record, he's the 3rd OC to say that.

No surprise there. We can't just line up Bennett and Marshall... Hester is a viable option. And how that we have a legit #1 in Marshall, Hester may actually be utilized correctly.

I'm flatly unconvinced that Hester is a reasonable full-time 3rd option, with only Weems and Sanzenbacher behind him. At the very least Hester needs someone to split time with or someone who can take his place if he's hurting like he was much of last year.

I just don't know much about Weems... I wasn't sure Sanz was still under contract. Glad to see he is. Regardless, I think Hester can contribute. Just more sparingly than in previous years. I want him to focus on ST. And then roll him out every few downs to keep the D honest...

I'm flatly unconvinced that Hester is a reasonable full-time 3rd option, with only Weems and Sanzenbacher behind him. At the very least Hester needs someone to split time with or someone who can take his place if he's hurting like he was much of last year.

I just don't know much about Weems... I wasn't sure Sanz was still under contract. Glad to see he is. Regardless, I think Hester can contribute. Just more sparingly than in previous years. I want him to focus on ST. And then roll him out every few downs to keep the D honest...

Agreed 100%. It's been tried and tested. Hester is best a kick and punt returner and used sparingly at WR.

Unforuntately, the Trib also says Weems will handle kick returns and Hester punts. Begging the question, why the eff would we not have him return kicks?

Put both Hester and Weems back there on KR duty and let the opponent choose their poison!

Agreed 100%. It's been tried and tested. Hester is best a kick and punt returner and used sparingly at WR.

Unforuntately, the Trib also says Weems will handle kick returns and Hester punts. Begging the question, why the eff would we not have him return kicks?

Seriously....

Did anyone really think Knox would be a playing this coming season? We all saw the horrible injury I believe. The reports the Bears put out always left hope, as they are supposed to do. But the reality is that this young man should be lucky that he's walking let alone playing again at an NFL level.

I wish him all the best getting better. But I do not think he'll ever play again.

I honestly thought it was still possible. I came back fully healthy from a torn MCL/ACL in just 3 months. Some people heal quickly. I should know; I'm one of them. I also have experience with things like this because I broke my neck as a young kid and came back from it. And I didn't have the incredible resources a guy like Knox has in his corner.

The PUP list means he can't play the first 6 weeks of the year. IR means out for the year. I think it's premature of everyone to say that "NO KNOX 2012."

I am just making a call, that he wont play this year. I actually dont think he will continue in football. Its still up in the air, but it just a hunch. Also the only things that matters is we cant count on him and need to address it.