NO KNOX-2012

Stinger226

I honestly thought it was still possible. I came back fully healthy from a torn MCL/ACL in just 3 months. Some people heal quickly. I should know; I'm one of them. I also have experience with things like this because I broke my neck as a young kid and came back from it. And I didn't have the incredible resources a guy like Knox has in his corner.

you dont play in the NFL, that is not a normal life situation. Call it a prediction of sorts.

Prior to the Combine what did you know about Hill? Whenever one of these prospects goes from a 4th rd projection to a late first you have to start to research what he did during the season. 28 catches for 820 yds last season which averages out to a 29.2 yds per catch net. Thats a pretty high average so that tells you that he ran a lot of deep routes. The other problem is that most of his career yardage came this past season from a triple option offense.He is decribed by scouts as a beast of a blocker but is limited on his route running because of the offense heplayed in. Now we have to project him learning a more sophisticated passing offense with Drake coaching him up and I'm not too optomistic of his coaching abilty. How well has he done with Knox and Hester? Hill is an upside prospect and will need to be coached up. I can't see that being worthy of a 19th pick. I got no question that Floyd can make the transition. I would prefer they take a guy in the second or third that is a little more polished as a route runner. Some scouts are comparing him to Derius Heyward-Bey. I think he is more along the lines of fellow Ga Tech alum D. Thomas of Denver who is still a work in progress. The Bears need a guy that should be able to contribute right away.

I think he can be the Randy Moss type of player. We really don't have a tall down the field weapon. This kid can just learn the routes in time but run the go fly or whatever you want to call it like Moss does.Either way its going to be a mismatch for the smaller corners and will also free up the Beast on the other side.

you dont play in the NFL, that is not a normal life situation. Call it a prediction of sorts.

Agreed. It's not normal.

But it's more likely someone with incredible medical help, some of the most advanced therapy in the world, and a slew of trainers/doctors/therapists/nutritionists, not to mention nearly unlimited financial support, should be able to accelerate a normal person's rehab schedule. And on top of that, he's an impeccably healthy pro athlete who has nothing to do other than all of the above.

I'm still holding out hope it's PUP and not IR.

Agreed. It's not normal.

But it's more likely someone with incredible medical help, some of the most advanced therapy in the world, and a slew of trainers/doctors/therapists/nutritionists, not to mention nearly unlimited financial support, should be able to accelerate a normal person's rehab schedule. And on top of that, he's an impeccably healthy pro athlete who has nothing to do other than all of the above.

I'm still holding out hope it's PUP and not IR.

I agree with you too and hope he does come back, but this is a situation that needs to be taken very carefully and not just rushed into for the saftey of Knox's future life and not just his football career.

• 1 month later...
Wish the guy nothing but the best. I feel awful for him not only for the injury but also because of all the weight he lost. He was down to 155 at one time.

Down 30 lbs., he will never see a regular season game again. Tough luck,but a life is more important than playing football again, and his dream will slowly slip away.