New Walter Football Mock

jason

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2012.php

1. Kendall Wright, WR

2. Jerel Worthy, DT

3. Cam Johnson, DE

4. Ladarius Green, TE

5. Shaun Prater, CB

Wow. That would suck ass. A short, overrated WR when superior OL talent is there, an inconsistent and somewhat lazy DT, a slow DE with physical problems and possible disease, a TE who is actually a slot WR or H-Back who lacks true TE blocking skills (which is also ignoring the fact that Davis was resigned), and a 5th round CB who is actually pretty good for the round and for Lovie's system.

Guest TerraTor

1. Kendall Wright, WR

2. Jerel Worthy, DT

3. Cam Johnson, DE

4. Ladarius Green, TE

5. Shaun Prater, CB

Wow. That would suck ass. A short, overrated WR when superior OL talent is there, an inconsistent and somewhat lazy DT, a slow DE with physical problems and possible disease, a TE who is actually a slot WR or H-Back who lacks true TE blocking skills (which is also ignoring the fact that Davis was resigned), and a 5th round CB who is actually pretty good for the round and for Lovie's system.

Hate the DT and DE

1. Kendall Wright, WR

2. Jerel Worthy, DT

3. Cam Johnson, DE

4. Ladarius Green, TE

5. Shaun Prater, CB

Wright is not overrated, there is plenty of WRs his size that have successed in the NFL, whether he does or not, we will see.

Also on WF, Charlie Campbell updated his on the 26th:

1. Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina

2. Amini Silatulo, OG, Midwestern State

3. Nick Toon, WR, Wisconsin

4. Keenan Robinson, OLB, Texas

5. Michael Egnew,TE, Missouri

Besides the fact that the Bears need a CB and OT in there, I like that draft. Silatulo is a beast and Coples has all the potential in the world.

Besides the fact that the Bears need a CB and OT in there, I like that draft. Silatulo is a beast and Coples has all the potential in the world.

I think with Chris Williams and Roberto Garza the bears can take the the best O-lineman period...If thats a Center, you can move Garza back to OG and Williams to OT, If thats an OG you can move CW to OT, and of course if thats OT then you keep everything the same....I personally wanna see a healthy Williams and Carimi as our OTs next year they were projected to be.

Williams-Silatulo-Garza-Open Comp-Carimi ....sign me up

I dont think Coples will be there, Merciless maybe though, But it is all speculation, Someone will throw a monkey wrench into the draft somewhere.

Where do you see the word "because" in my sentence? I said, "overrated, short".

Is he short? Yes.

Is he overrated? I believe so.

Why is he overrated?

5'10, 38 inch vertical, 4.4 speed, strong, elite quickness, catches the ball extremely well, plays inside and outside the numbers, etc.. He got better every year at Baylor. What's not to like?

Guest TerraTor

I love that one.....

Guest TerraTor
I dont think Coples will be there, Merciless maybe though, But it is all speculation, Someone will throw a monkey wrench into the draft somewhere.

Jags always F up something

Why is he overrated?

5'10, 38 inch vertical, 4.4 speed, strong, elite quickness, catches the ball extremely well, plays inside and outside the numbers, etc.. He got better every year at Baylor. What's not to like?

Bad, rounded routes. As we've seen with Knox, this gets Cutler into trouble.

Smaller and weaker. Could have problems getting off the LOS against press coverage.

Benefit of RGIII. Because he had an incredible talent throwing him the ball, and opposing defenses were preoccupied with RGIII, I believe his senior season stats are inflated. Lightning in a bottle, if you will. And because of that, he's being valued higher than he should be. Don't get me wrong, I think he'll be decent in the pros, but I don't think he's a first round WR.

Bad, rounded routes. As we've seen with Knox, this gets Cutler into trouble.

Smaller and weaker. Could have problems getting off the LOS against press coverage.

Benefit of RGIII. Because he had an incredible talent throwing him the ball, and opposing defenses were preoccupied with RGIII, I believe his senior season stats are inflated. Lightning in a bottle, if you will. And because of that, he's being valued higher than he should be. Don't get me wrong, I think he'll be decent in the pros, but I don't think he's a first round WR.

Consider the situation in which he would be put here. With Marshall, he no longer has the pressure of being a #1-- big difference. His deep threat ability compliments a Brandon Marshall as a #2. He's also not a stick out there, he has some size on him at 195 compared to a guy like Desean Jackson. All WR's that come into the draft deal with press coverage issues. There are very few NCAA defenses that press WR's off the LOS consistently like in the NFL. That's why there is a big adjustment for most guys coming into the league. I don't understand the RGIII thing. They were together for a couple seasons and each got better every year they were together. Did RGIII have alot to do with Wright's success? Absolutely. But Wright also had alot to do with Griffin's success.

Consider the situation in which he would be put here. With Marshall, he no longer has the pressure of being a #1-- big difference. His deep threat ability compliments a Brandon Marshall as a #2. He's also not a stick out there, he has some size on him at 195 compared to a guy like Desean Jackson. All WR's that come into the draft deal with press coverage issues. There are very few NCAA defenses that press WR's off the LOS consistently like in the NFL. That's why there is a big adjustment for most guys coming into the league. I don't understand the RGIII thing. They were together for a couple seasons and each got better every year they were together. Did RGIII have alot to do with Wright's success? Absolutely. But Wright also had alot to do with Griffin's success.

The RGIII thing is more an indication of my belief in RGIII's abilities vs. Wright's. I believe RGIII made Wright more than the other way around. I believe RGIII to be an elite talent that amplifies the abilities and production of those around him.

Eagles OT Jason Peters tear achilles tendon out for 2012.

This may have an impact on what OT's are available in the draft or FA. Maybe they sign McNeil or Bell in FA or look to draft Martin. Regardless, they will need to find a replacement and that takes away one OT we may like.