Just wanted to say thanks!!!

Wesson44

I just want to say thanks to all of you posters here on this site...I love what you are saying and thinking about our beloved Bears. I just want to add this........are we making the best changes with what we are doing??? I think this team is now going in the right positive direction. Bush, Campbell, Marshall, Thomas, Weems for the offense to play with. Now I still see us drafting a OT/OG and WR this year to finish out this process. But the defense will get addressed during the draft....maybe we are going to draft a DE, CB and LB........we need to if not planned. I say the need for a WR in the first RD(like i wanted in the past) has taken a back burner to the need to upgrade the O line so I say we go OT/OG in RD1, CB in RD2 (Johnson from Montana???) DE Irvin( from W.VA) in the 3RD and the 4th WR/LB (maybe Streeter at WR) and then BPA. Also I just want to note to you guys ....the ones who though I was crazy to say we need and will get three WR in FA and the draft........I told you so. Well ok we didn't the guys I wanted to get but we got the 6'4 Marshall and the 6'2 Thomas whom both are big and fast mind you....Weems????........well he was signed to either push Hester to play better or just for ST use. Dane Sanzenbacher, who made the team last year will probably have to compete with Thomas and others for a spot on this year's 53-man roster so this is our group for now Marshall,Thomas, Bennett, Hester, Weems, Sanzenbacher, Knox(?). Do you think we can win with this group? I do really think we will add another taller WR........somewhere in the draft now the names Quick and Streeter come to mind for grooming later if we go OT/OG 1 and CB 2.

I just want to say thanks to all of you posters here on this site...I love what you are saying and thinking about our beloved Bears. I just want to add this........are we making the best changes with what we are doing??? I think this team is now going in the right positive direction. Bush, Campbell, Marshall, Thomas, Weems for the offense to play with. Now I still see us drafting a OT/OG and WR this year to finish out this process. But the defense will get addressed during the draft....maybe we are going to draft a DE, CB and LB........we need to if not planned. I say the need for a WR in the first RD(like i wanted in the past) has taken a back burner to the need to upgrade the O line so I say we go OT/OG in RD1, CB in RD2 (Johnson from Montana???) DE Irvin( from W.VA) in the 3RD and the 4th WR/LB (maybe Streeter at WR) and then BPA. Also I just want to note to you guys ....the ones who though I was crazy to say we need and will get three WR in FA and the draft........I told you so. Well ok we didn't the guys I wanted to get but we got the 6'4 Marshall and the 6'2 Thomas whom both are big and fast mind you....Weems????........well he was signed to either push Hester to play better or just for ST use. Dane Sanzenbacher, who made the team last year will probably have to compete with Thomas and others for a spot on this year's 53-man roster so this is our group for now Marshall,Thomas, Bennett, Hester, Weems, Sanzenbacher, Knox(?). Do you think we can win with this group? I do really think we will add another taller WR........somewhere in the draft now the names Quick and Streeter come to mind for grooming later if we go OT/OG 1 and CB 2.

This post is not intended to insult or criticize you Wesson but when you make post like this without checking the Bears roster first it leaves you open to critical comments. When you look at the roster you will see the name Max Komar there as well.This doesn't mean he will make the team but he is on the roster and has been omitted from your post.

BTW your post about Jason and his health was totally inappropriate and you should refrain from making comments like that in the future.

This post is not intended to insult or criticize you Wesson but when you make post like this without checking the Bears roster first it leaves you open to critical comments. When you look at the roster you will see the name Max Komar there as well.This doesn't mean he will make the team but he is on the roster and has been omitted from your post.

BTW your post about Jason and his health was totally inappropriate and you should refrain from making comments like that in the future.

Ok i got your point.....but i wasn't the one who started with the name calling. I'm just here to spread my thoughts and views....and I can agree or disagree with the best of them, but when you start attacking me (like he did) then I have the right to say at least something. But did you read the whole post that he wrote? The problem was he didnt think that the Bears were going to get three WR in FA or the draft....so once again I'm right. We also were in debate about( if you read the posts) Knox's injury not being serious enough to sit him for the season. Now as far as Komar goes...I left him off for a reason....he wont be on the team much longer ( well maybe the practice squad). So right now we will not have room for either him or Sanz with Marshall, Bennett, Hester, Thomas Weems,Knox(?) and we might draft one too......so Sanz might have a shot but not Komar

Ok i got your point.....but i wasn't the one who started with the name calling. I'm just here to spread my thoughts and views....and I can agree or disagree with the best of them, but when you start attacking me (like he did) then I have the right to say at least something. But did you read the whole post that he wrote? The problem was he didnt think that the Bears were going to get three WR in FA or the draft....so once again I'm right. We also were in debate about( if you read the posts) Knox's injury not being serious enough to sit him for the season. Now as far as Komar goes...I left him off for a reason....he wont be on the team much longer ( well maybe the practice squad). So right now we will not have room for either him or Sanz with Marshall, Bennett, Hester, Thomas Weems,Knox(?) and we might draft one too......so Sanz might have a shot but not Komar

Wesson all I'm asking you to do is respond(even when you feel you are being attacked) with something a little less harsh.Saying that his neck injury should have made him less likely to attack you is a bit much. We all are impassioned about the Bears but, We shouldn't wish personal harm on each other. I realize that he said you were brain dead( which I didn't think was right also) because you didn't read his post completely and then his next post explained why he made the comments that he posted and that was based on his feeling that you didn't read his entire post.

Wesson all I'm asking you to do is respond(even when you feel you are being attacked) with something a little less harsh.Saying that his neck injury should have made him less likely to attack you is a bit much. We all are impassioned about the Bears but, We shouldn't wish personal harm on each other. I realize that he said you were brain dead( which I didn't think was right also) because you didn't read his post completely and then his next post explained why he made the comments that he posted and that was based on his feeling that you didn't read his entire post.

I think we are all adults here, and have no problem with the passioniate posters disagreeing and sometimes saying something stupid. I may say something stupid but it is usually intended to be funny, more than saying if with malice. All the lippy ones are the ones that make it interesting on here, and that is a long list.

You still don't get it.

NOBODY WAS AGAINST THREE WRS! NEARLY EVERYONE IS AGAINST MARSHALL+GOOD FA+1ST ROUNDER And that's what you were calling for. Signing Weems and Thomas is not what you were calling for. So, once again, you are/were not right. My goodness, man, how many times do you have to read this for it to sink in? Do I literally have to go back and start posting links to your comments about this?!

I believe you are right, however, about Komar. If he's on the team I'll be shocked.

And if you expect people to read the entirety of your posts, then perhaps you should read their entire posts. Our original issue happened because you made a stupid comment when you didn't read the entire post I made about Knox's health. The original reply you made was stupid. To get your panties in a twist over a commonly used synonym (i.e. braindead) is a little much. Notice I didn't get upset when you obviously took it from level 1 all the way to level 11.

:cheers

You still don't get it.

NOBODY WAS AGAINST THREE WRS! NEARLY EVERYONE IS AGAINST MARSHALL+GOOD FA+1ST ROUNDER And that's what you were calling for. Signing Weems and Thomas is not what you were calling for. So, once again, you are/were not right. My goodness, man, how many times do you have to read this for it to sink in? Do I literally have to go back and start posting links to your comments about this?!

I believe you are right, however, about Komar. If he's on the team I'll be shocked.

And if you expect people to read the entirety of your posts, then perhaps you should read their entire posts. Our original issue happened because you made a stupid comment when you didn't read the entire post I made about Knox's health. The original reply you made was stupid. To get your panties in a twist over a commonly used synonym (i.e. braindead) is a little much. Notice I didn't get upset when you obviously took it from level 1 all the way to level 11.

Man please....We got Marshall + two FA and still might get a 1st RD WR, but you are right we didnt get what I was calling for just cheaper options. Now since you are looking at what I posted I was calling for Jackson (we got Marshall) and I wanted Moss (we got Thomas 2 inches shorter) we could have gotten someone other than Weems but never the less we got him and still could go WR in the 1st. Now for the rest..........don't wear panties but combat boots instead ..so they cant be twisted. I didn't really care one way or the other what you said about me....it was lemonej telling me that I was so inappropriate in the way I was speaking to you. Now please explain to me why what I say has to be "stupid" as you so put it.. This is what sets others off like a firecracker! You just cant say, that what some else is thinking is stupid and expect for them to sit by and say or do nothing. Never have I said anything that you post is stupid...I will say that IMO or i disagree thats all. I'm from Chicago.. the southside 11735 S. Loomis born and raised. 21 year Army Vet, supported this country during three Wars (conflicts) deployed to Iraq 3 times, and currently working as a civilan contractor helping my Marines out here in Afghanistan........so as you can see I have thick skin and can put up with anything this board (you) can dish out. So we will contuine to agree to disagree :cheers

Man please....We got Marshall + two FA and still might get a 1st RD WR, but you are right we didnt get what I was calling for just cheaper options. Now since you are looking at what I posted I was calling for Jackson (we got Marshall) and I wanted Moss (we got Thomas 2 inches shorter) we could have gotten someone other than Weems but never the less we got him. Now for the rest....don't wear panties ..so they cant be twisted. I didn't really care one way or the other what you said about me....it was lemonej telling me to calm down or whatever he was meaning that I was so inappropriate in the way I was speaking. Now please explain to me why what I say has to be "stupid" as you so put it.. This is what set other off like a firecracker! You just cant say what some else is thinking is stupid and expect for them to sit by and say or do nothing. Neer have I said anything that you post is stupid...I will say that IMO or i disagree thats all. I'm from Chicago.. the southside 11735 S. Loomis born and raised. 21 year Army Vet, supported this country during three Wars (conflicts) deployed to Iraq 3 times, and currently working as a civilan contractor helping my Marines out here in Afghanistan........so as you can see I have thick skin and can put up with anything this board (you) can dish out. So we will contuine to agree to disagree :cheers

Actually he has made comments on many posters on here, me included and I have responded to some of the stupid suggestions he has made. The point is, everyone on here has said something stupid, thats what happens when you post a comment without doing research. It just isnt any big deal. Pay attention to his posts and he will eventually say something dumb, we all do. People disagree and just dont always say things in a polite manner. We all do it.

Actually he has made comments on many posters on here, me included and I have responded to some of the stupid suggestions he has made. The point is, everyone on here has said something stupid, thats what happens when you post a comment without doing research. It just isnt any big deal. Pay attention to his posts and he will eventually say something dumb, we all do. People disagree and just dont always say things in a polite manner. We all do it.

Yes i agree with you fully and i dont need to attack anyone's comments with insults to get my point across..

I'm not sure that was really 11. This is 11...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbVKWCpNFhY

You still don't get it.

Really, dude, you are going to call him out for omitting, Max Komar?????? Come on, man.....

I understand where both are comin from....Wesson seemed to be calling for 3 starting WRs, and was being called crazy for it and what Jasons trying to get across is that we did not get 3 starters, we got 1 starter, 1 4/5 receiver, and 1 ST guy....Yes they got 3 WR but the latter 2 will be lucky to catch a combined 25 passes next year..

I understand where both are comin from....Wesson seemed to be calling for 3 starting WRs, and was being called crazy for it and what Jasons trying to get across is that we did not get 3 starters, we got 1 starter, 1 4/5 receiver, and 1 ST guy....Yes they got 3 WR but the latter 2 will be lucky to catch a combined 25 passes next year..

And thats fine, but the convo doesn't need to devolve into someone calling someone stupid, then the replies, etc.

Man please....We got Marshall + two FA and still might get a 1st RD WR, but you are right we didnt get what I was calling for just cheaper options. Now since you are looking at what I posted I was calling for Jackson (we got Marshall) and I wanted Moss (we got Thomas 2 inches shorter) we could have gotten someone other than Weems but never the less we got him and still could go WR in the 1st. Now for the rest..........don't wear panties but combat boots instead ..so they cant be twisted. I didn't really care one way or the other what you said about me....it was lemonej telling me that I was so inappropriate in the way I was speaking to you. Now please explain to me why what I say has to be "stupid" as you so put it.. This is what sets others off like a firecracker! You just cant say, that what some else is thinking is stupid and expect for them to sit by and say or do nothing. Never have I said anything that you post is stupid...I will say that IMO or i disagree thats all. I'm from Chicago.. the southside 11735 S. Loomis born and raised. 21 year Army Vet, supported this country during three Wars (conflicts) deployed to Iraq 3 times, and currently working as a civilan contractor helping my Marines out here in Afghanistan........so as you can see I have thick skin and can put up with anything this board (you) can dish out. So we will contuine to agree to disagree :cheers

You might be surprised, but I could type virtually the same paragraph about myself.

As for the braindead/stupid part, you didn't read my post, replied too quickly because you didn't read my post, and completely ignored the original intent because you didn't read the post. It's entirely possible for a very smart person to be braindead sometimes. The same goes for a smart person who does something stupid or braindead. That's where the distinction comes in. All the agitation is unnecessary and overblown. The instigation by others is similarly unnecessary. I swear this board has gotten more and more sensitive over the past several years. It's like a bunch of people talking about knitting or something (which reinforces my comment about not even caring what you said regarding my injury).

Back on topic:

Marshall = Jackson (at least in stature)

Thomas

Weems should be listed on the depth chart as ST #2 instead of WR #5.

If the Bears get a #1 WR I will not be happy. But if they do, it's not as bad as what you orginally talked about...

Potential Reality: #1 + #5 (Thomas) + Rookie #1. That does not equal #1 (Marshall) + #2 (Royal) + Rookie #1 (Floyd/Hill), what you wanted (I could link it for you if you'd like). Because then the WRs would be Marshall, Bennett, Royal, Floyd/Hill, Hester, and you've essentially done one of the following:

-Thrown Hester away as a WR option (the management and Hester's salary makes this unlikely)

-Minimized the touches a true #1 like Marshall should get

-Minimized the touches a first rounder like Floyd/Hill needs to develop

-Created a situation where Bennett, Royal, Hester, and Floyd/Hill are all fighting for playing time and targets

Bad idea. On a run-first team where the opportunities are somewhat limited, you're not allowing anyone to get in a groove, to develop chemistry with the QB, to maximize potential. You're really creating a cauldron of pissed off WRs who want to do more, who won't be happy about their playing time, and will want to get out of Chicago.

If they draft a first round WR and the corps of WR is Marshall, Bennett, Thomas, Rookie #1, Hester, I think the Thomas signing will be purely for ST and he'll never see the field as a WR. Which still means they got a FA WR (Marshall), and one draft pick (#1)...not FA WR, FA WR, #1.

"

You might be surprised, but I could type virtually the same paragraph about myself.

As for the braindead/stupid part, you didn't read my post, replied too quickly because you didn't read my post, and completely ignored the original intent because you didn't read the post. It's entirely possible for a very smart person to be braindead sometimes. The same goes for a smart person who does something stupid or braindead. That's where the distinction comes in. All the agitation is unnecessary and overblown. The instigation by others is similarly unnecessary. I swear this board has gotten more and more sensitive over the past several years. It's like a bunch of people talking about knitting or something (which reinforces my comment about not even caring what you said regarding my injury)."

Would you like some cheese with your whine to tide you over as you finish your knitting? ;)

As for the braindead/stupid part, you didn't read my post, replied too quickly because you didn't read my post, and completely ignored the original intent because you didn't read the post. It's entirely possible for a very smart person to be braindead sometimes. The same goes for a smart person who does something stupid or braindead. That's where the distinction comes in. All the agitation is unnecessary and overblown. The instigation by others is similarly unnecessary. I swear this board has gotten more and more sensitive over the past several years. It's like a bunch of people talking about knitting or something (which reinforces my comment about not even caring what you said regarding my injury).

Back on topic:

Thomas

If the Bears get a #1 WR I will not be happy. But if they do, it's not as bad as what you orginally talked about...

Potential Reality: #1 + #5 (Thomas) + Rookie #1. That does not equal #1 (Marshall) + #2 (Royal) + Rookie #1 (Floyd/Hill), what you wanted (I could link it for you if you'd like). Because then the WRs would be Marshall, Bennett, Royal, Floyd/Hill, Hester, and you've essentially done one of the following:

-Thrown Hester away as a WR option (the management and Hester's salary makes this unlikely)

-Created a situation where Bennett, Royal, Hester, and Floyd/Hill are all fighting for playing time and targets

Bad idea. On a run-first team where the opportunities are somewhat limited, you're not allowing anyone to get in a groove, to develop chemistry with the QB, to maximize potential. You're really creating a cauldron of pissed off WRs who want to do more, who won't be happy about their playing time, and will want to get out of Chicago.

If they draft a first round WR and the corps of WR is Marshall, Bennett, Thomas, Rookie #1, Hester, I think the Thomas signing will be purely for ST and he'll never see the field as a WR. Which still means they got a FA WR (Marshall), and one draft pick (#1)...not FA WR, FA WR, #1.

As long as that #1 isn't an OLman right Jason? I'm sorry I couldn't resist.

So about this knitting thing...

Back on topic:

Thomas

Excellent analysis, my thoughts exactly....With a good receiving RB and the TE being implemented more into the offense Cutler already has 5 weapons he can go to in Marshall, Bennett, Hester(who I think is gonna have a big year), Forte, and Davis....Bringing in 2 more starters would be a bit much

Back on topic:

Thomas

Marshall = Jackson (at least in stature) True

Thomas True

Weems should be listed on the depth chart as ST #2 instead of WR #5. Ture but still is a WR(maybe wont see the field as such)

If the Bears get at #1WR you wont be happy??? Are you referring to the draft or Marshall?

I wanted another tall WR I never like or wanted us to pick up Royal I wanted Moss (see the contract he signed with SF.) because he just wanted to play and didnt care is he was not the number one WR and was a cheap option. I saw our WR group being Jackson, Moss, Rookie Hester, Bennett, Knox

I wanted to use Hester on mostly ST and a few designed plays for him---since hes is not a true WR

Marshall still gets his touches

Still can develp as a WR behind a proven vet and gives us a similar sized backup in case the #1 goes down

I would use Bennett, Hester, Knox as the slot and as outside subs giving us more true match up advantages against teams (those who press hard man to man at the line and those who play zones)---never wanted Royal already have his type in B,H,& K

That maybe true on a run first team.......but who says we are going to e a run first team next year. Ok somebody is always not going to be happy with their playing time, but the team winning comes first over WR just wanting to be All-Pros, but you also need to have good quality depth at the position case in point look at the Vikings WR corps

Yes that might be true that if that happens, he (Thomas) might not see the field, but still they will have picked up not three but four WR this year even if Weems should be a ST player like you said

As long as that #1 isn't an OLman right Jason? I'm sorry I couldn't resist.

So about this knitting thing...

Actually, I've said virtually nothing about those who want a DE in the first. I wouldn't mind the pickup. I'd prefer OT, but I can see a serious advantage to a stud DE complimenting Peppers. It would benefit the defense in numerous ways.

Marshall = Jackson (at least in stature) True

Thomas True

Weems should be listed on the depth chart as ST #2 instead of WR #5. Ture but still is a WR(maybe wont see the field as such)

If the Bears get at #1WR you wont be happy??? Are you referring to the draft or Marshall?

I wanted another tall WR I never like or wanted us to pick up Royal I wanted Moss (see the contract he signed with SF.) because he just wanted to play and didnt care is he was not the number one WR and was a cheap option. I saw our WR group being Jackson, Moss, Rookie Hester, Bennett, Knox

I wanted to use Hester on mostly ST and a few designed plays for him---since hes is not a true WR

Marshall still gets his touches

Still can develp as a WR behind a proven vet and gives us a similar sized backup in case the #1 goes down

I would use Bennett, Hester, Knox as the slot and as outside subs giving us more true match up advantages against teams (those who press hard man to man at the line and those who play zones)---never wanted Royal already have his type in B,H,& K

That maybe true on a run first team.......but who says we are going to e a run first team next year. Ok somebody is always not going to be happy with their playing time, but the team winning comes first over WR just wanting to be All-Pros, but you also need to have good quality depth at the position case in point look at the Vikings WR corps

Yes that might be true that if that happens, he (Thomas) might not see the field, but still they will have picked up not three but four WR this year even if Weems should be a ST player like you said

I'm referring to the draft. A #1 draft WR now that Marshall has been signed doesn't make sense. It's especially true if they believe Thomas has even the slightest chance of catching on.

Actually, you might want to look back on what you want, or at least stay consistent: "Actually its not stupid......if they had signed Royal instead of Weems that would give us Knox, Hester, Bennett, Royal, Marshall and the other draft pick Floyd/Hill. "

I'm referring to the draft. A #1 draft WR now that Marshall has been signed doesn't make sense. It's especially true if they believe Thomas has even the slightest chance of catching on.

Actually, you might want to look back on what you want, or at least stay consistent: "Actually its not stupid......if they had signed Royal instead of Weems that would give us Knox, Hester, Bennett, Royal, Marshall and the other draft pick Floyd/Hill. "

Acutally if you look back at where you got that http://www.talkbears.com/forums/index.php?...mp;#entry103206 you wil see that what i acually said was we didnt need Royal because we already had Hester, Knox and Bennett. Bears4Ever_34 was the one who wanted Royal. But I really want us to get Floyd/Hill at WR in the draft for two reasons. ! to provide insurance in case Marshall goes down and add that threat on the other side of the formation and 2. I really wouldn't try to let Knox play this year at all. That would give us a rotation of Marshall, Thomas,Hester,Bennett, Weems and the rookie. Komar and Sanz will be practice squad players. That way we can groom the rookie for a year behind Marshall if we have too or put him in the mix if he's good at picking up the system and allow Knox to fully heal.

QUOTE (Chitownhustla @ Mar 14 2012, 10:38 PM)

Cutler mentioned him on espn but no talks with the Bears. Find it odd not even a kick of the tire so to speak.

Hester,Bennett,Weems= Royal, thats why we arent talking about him

Full Edit Quick Edit

Stinger226

QUOTE (Wesson44 @ Mar 14 2012, 11:18 PM)

Hester,Bennett,Weems= Royal, thats why we arent talking about him

I would have thought that was a no brainer, but we have similar WR types. Need some more larger WRs.

Bears4Ever_34

I would have rather had Eddie Royal over Weems. We need to add a 1st or 2nd round receiver in the draft to get some young talent behind Marshall. Would have loved to have went into the season with Marshall, Hill/Wright, Bennett, and Royal as our top 4 WR's.

Wesson44

QUOTE (Bears4Ever_34 @ Mar 15 2012, 12:14 AM)

I would have rather had Eddie Royal over Weems. We need to add a 1st or 2nd round receiver in the draft to get some young talent behind Marshall. Would have loved to have went into the season with Marshall, Hill/Wright, Bennett, and Royal as our top 4 WR's.

Tell that to Jason....lol