http://www.drafttek.com/CMDRound1_17-32.asp

19 Chicago

Jonathan Martin

Stanford

LOT

Reach/Value: -5

Height: 6'6"

Weight: 305

15 penalties...12 sacks allowed...7th rd pick - these are the vitals on LT J'Marcus Webb. Lovie and Emery have repeatedly defended Webb despite his continued folly, but the happy facade is starting to crack. Asked if the Bears would consider a change, Smith revealed the true feelings of the inner circle: "if there's someone who can improve us we're going to look at it seriously." Despite a subpar Pro Day, Martin is a player that would have to make the Bears reconsider their situation.

Guest TerraTor
Off topic but,,,, holy shit would I love to get Orson Charles in the 4th round! Idc if he was arrested for suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol, someone has to take him and if hes there in the 4th for the bears, I'd hope theyd take him!

Yes absolutely

Yes absolutely

Looking at the whole draft I would take Martin/OT in the first-Irwin/DE in the second-Trum Johnson/CB in the third and in the fourth Randle/WR, according to their player draft spots. I think they will get either Reiff, Martin or Adams will be there in the first round. The only way they go DE is if Coples drops. WR if Floyd is there.

Off topic but,,,, holy shit would I love to get Orson Charles in the 4th round! Idc if he was arrested for suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol, someone has to take him and if hes there in the 4th for the bears, I'd hope theyd take him!

What impresses you about Charles? Overall potential? Because to me, he doesn't have great game tape, and he's not the brightest bulb in the pack.

Looking at the whole draft I would take Martin/OT in the first-Irwin/DE in the second-Trum Johnson/CB in the third and in the fourth Randle/WR, according to their player draft spots. I think they will get either Reiff, Martin or Adams will be there in the first round. The only way they go DE is if Coples drops. WR if Floyd is there.

I know you said "according to their player draft spots," but there is no f***ing way Rueben Randle lasts until the Bears' selection in round 4, and I'd be quite surprised if Trumaine Johnson lasts until their 3rd pick. As for Irwin, am I the only one who would hate this pick? Yuck. The guy is a complete knucklehead and he's not even 255 pounds.

What impresses you about Charles? Overall potential? Because to me, he doesn't have great game tape, and he's not the brightest bulb in the pack.

I know you said "according to their player draft spots," but there is no f***ing way Rueben Randle lasts until the Bears' selection in round 4, and I'd be quite surprised if Trumaine Johnson lasts until their 3rd pick. As for Irwin, am I the only one who would hate this pick? Yuck. The guy is a complete knucklehead and he's not even 255 pounds.

I agree, I think Randle will go in the second round, but was just using his draft site. Irwin will just be a situational pass rusher, dont see him ever being an every down end.

As I obviously dont watch every college football game there is Ive been basing all my mock draft picks and who I like in the draft off scouting reports and theres not one out there that doesnt think Orson is gonna be very good in the NFL. They say hes a next generation TE/WR comparing him to Aaron Hernandez, how could you not want to add a Aaron Hernandez type player to this team.

After reading your post I went ahead and looked at some game tape and really like what I saw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANlHh0hD-S0

Hard not to like what you saw there out of TE...and yes I saw the drops....

also he was UGAs team captain apparently so I think he might be a little brighter that what your giving him credit for....is your statement on his brightness based solely on the 1 DUI thing?? He was a college student....college students tend to drink

As I obviously dont watch every college football game there is Ive been basing all my mock draft picks and who I like in the draft off scouting reports and theres not one out there that doesnt think Orson is gonna be very good in the NFL. They say hes a next generation TE/WR comparing him to Aaron Hernandez, how could you not want to add a Aaron Hernandez type player to this team.

After reading your post I went ahead and looked at some game tape and really like what I saw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANlHh0hD-S0

Hard not to like what you saw there out of TE...and yes I saw the drops....

also he was UGAs team captain apparently so I think he might be a little brighter that what your giving him credit for....is your statement on his brightness based solely on the 1 DUI thing?? He was a college student....college students tend to drink

Before we even go into what I hate about Orson Charles, let's get one thing straight- comparing a 3rd or 4th round TE in this weak class to Aaron Hernandez is ridiculous. Yeah, who wouldn't want a talent like his? If Charles was really a comparable talent, he'd be going in the 1st round.

At the combine, he impressed me from the start. He put on 10 pounds to get his weight up, which was good to see, but then, he didn't run the 40 and didn't give a reason. He screwed up on drills. He dropped passes.

Wait, you're saying "1 DUI? He's a college student. They all drink." Yeah, but not all of them drink and drink. Don't you think there's a difference? This happened March 9 too, and it shows he might not be serious about his future. How do you get a DUI when you're in the midst of the biggest job interviews of your life and you know everything you do is under the microscope?

I respect your opinion. Hell, if the Bears draft him and he's a good one, good call on your part, but I'd rather have Egnew or Hanna.

Before we even go into what I hate about Orson Charles, let's get one thing straight- comparing a 3rd or 4th round TE in this weak class to Aaron Hernandez is ridiculous. Yeah, who wouldn't want a talent like his? If Charles was really a comparable talent, he'd be going in the 1st round.

At the combine, he impressed me from the start. He put on 10 pounds to get his weight up, which was good to see, but then, he didn't run the 40 and didn't give a reason. He screwed up on drills. He dropped passes.

Wait, you're saying "1 DUI? He's a college student. They all drink." Yeah, but not all of them drink and drink. Don't you think there's a difference? This happened March 9 too, and it shows he might not be serious about his future. How do you get a DUI when you're in the midst of the biggest job interviews of your life and you know everything you do is under the microscope?

I respect your opinion. Hell, if the Bears draft him and he's a good one, good call on your part, but I'd rather have Egnew or Hanna.

I agree with you on Egnew in that later round.

Wasn't Orson Charles the guy who could catch at the combine? IIRC he couldn't even run one of the drills (straight line across the field catching passes from both sides) and stay anywhere close to the line. That's pretty bad for a guy who had months to prepare for those drills. I'm also not part of the Aaron Hernandez fan club, not that he's a bad player but he's nothing special IMO.