DraftCountdown MOCK

Guest TerraTor

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php

Stephen Gilmore: pretty sure i had him coming to us in my mocks earlier (in 2nd though)

Jeff Allen - up and down on him.... seems versatile

When has a cover two team after took a CB in round #1? I'm sure it's happened, but Lovie still has input. If we're goinog to go defense, our #1 priority is a pass rush.

I do like taking Jeff Allen in round #2. The way Tice likes big lineman, we could start him at LG and kick Williams out to compete for the tackle position.

No way the Bears do that. Gilmore in the first when there is still the following available? No way.

OT - Martin, Adams

WR - Hill, Wright, Randle

DE - Mercilus, Ingram

DT - Worthy

Mike Mayock thinks Gilmore is the 2nd best CB in the class. He's played in 38 or so games in his college career, he's a good tackler, and he has a nose for the ball. I've seen some people say that he reminds them of Charles Tillman. Whether you, I, or anyone else likes it, CB is a need for this team.

If they pick Worthy or Randle in the 1st round, or even consider them, f*** our lives.

I agree on Ingram. If he's there, he should be the pick as most consider him a top 12 selection. Mercilus is so intriguing and so is Adams, but both could bust so easily.

No way the Bears do that. Gilmore in the first when there is still the following available? No way.

OT - Martin, Adams

WR - Hill, Wright, Randle

DE - Mercilus, Ingram

DT - Worthy

I think we will address CB but can get a good one to fit our system in the 3rd or 4th.I am chilling on Martin as I read more about him and dont think he is worth the 19th pick. Adams has a risk factor so I think Mercilusl,Ingram, or Coples if he is there will be our first pick.

I think we will address CB but can get a good one to fit our system in the 3rd or 4th.I am chilling on Martin as I read more about him and dont think he is worth the 19th pick. Adams has a risk factor so I think Mercilusl,Ingram, or Coples if he is there will be our first pick.

Fitting our system is key...which is why CB is not as important as several other positions in the Lovie-2 defense. One has to be a more instinctive, zone-type player instead of a man-on-man player.

I am trying to research the Chief's roster to see what they have done in the years when Emery was there and with him being there at the tail end of Herm Edwards tenure there some of the picks look similar to what the Bears would want on the defensive side. I'm guessing here but Emery probably had a pretty strong voice as a scout in the Chiefs draft rooms so seing guys like Dwayne Bowe,Tyson Jackson,Glenn Dorsey,Eric Berry,Javier Arenas,Brandon Albert,Jon Asamoah and Brandon Flowers leads me to believe he loves SEC players(which supposedly has been in his scouting region for years) so the Gilmore pick doesn't seem so far fetched .Allen in the 2nd mirrors the Asamoah pick for the Chiefs. I personally find it hard for the Bears to pass on a solid OL prospect or DL prospect especially if Lovie has his say. My problem with the next 4 top prospects at DE after Coples according to quite a few scouts is that 3 out of 4 are listed as OLBs also. That IMO is not a fit for this defense. The supposedly true DEs are rated as 2nd rounders after this group. this team needs a hand on the ground 3 down DE that can bring pressure and play the run. Upshaw may fit that description but is he a reach at 19. The spiralling downward of OT prospect Martin's draft stock is puzzling. On the field he looked athletic moved well and more importantly he protected the blind side of the number one overall pick without incident. If Martin is there I take him with the idea that I can play him inside at LG and Williams at LT to start with the idea of him ascending to the LT position if Williams who's contract is up soon isn't the answer. I'm leaning towards Martin in the first and Vinny Curry or Trumaine Johnson in the 2nd.

Thanks for the analysis lemonej!

I am trying to research the Chief's roster to see what they have done in the years when Emery was there and with him being there at the tail end of Herm Edwards tenure there some of the picks look similar to what the Bears would want on the defensive side. I'm guessing here but Emery probably had a pretty strong voice as a scout in the Chiefs draft rooms so seing guys like Dwayne Bowe,Tyson Jackson,Glenn Dorsey,Eric Berry,Javier Arenas,Brandon Albert,Jon Asamoah and Brandon Flowers leads me to believe he loves SEC players(which supposedly has been in his scouting region for years) so the Gilmore pick doesn't seem so far fetched .Allen in the 2nd mirrors the Asamoah pick for the Chiefs. I personally find it hard for the Bears to pass on a solid OL prospect or DL prospect especially if Lovie has his say. My problem with the next 4 top prospects at DE after Coples according to quite a few scouts is that 3 out of 4 are listed as OLBs also. That IMO is not a fit for this defense. The supposedly true DEs are rated as 2nd rounders after this group. this team needs a hand on the ground 3 down DE that can bring pressure and play the run. Upshaw may fit that description but is he a reach at 19. The spiralling downward of OT prospect Martin's draft stock is puzzling. On the field he looked athletic moved well and more importantly he protected the blind side of the number one overall pick without incident. If Martin is there I take him with the idea that I can play him inside at LG and Williams at LT to start with the idea of him ascending to the LT position if Williams who's contract is up soon isn't the answer. I'm leaning towards Martin in the first and Vinny Curry or Trumaine Johnson in the 2nd.

Fitting our system is key...which is why CB is not as important as several other positions in the Lovie-2 defense. One has to be a more instinctive, zone-type player instead of a man-on-man player.

Gilmore would be a great fit in the cover 2. Don't forget that Lovie played a lot of zone and man last year, contrary to popular belief.

Gilmore would be a great fit in the cover 2. Don't forget that Lovie played a lot of zone and man last year, contrary to popular belief.

The fact we signed two veterans on the cheap who hope for a chance to start tells me we ain't going CB in round #1. As I mentioned earlier, we don't put that much stock in CB's in Lovie's cover 2 scheme.

The fact we signed two veterans on the cheap who hope for a chance to start tells me we ain't going CB in round #1. As I mentioned earlier, we don't put that much stock in CB's in Lovie's cover 2 scheme.

Exactly my point about Gilmore. I think he's a great fit for the Lovie-2 because he's very talented, but that means he'd be a good fit anywhere. He's not an ideal fit in Chicago, however, because the defensive system requires much more talent at DT, MLB, and FS, and the CB position requires much less.