Hayden added

Alaskan Grizzly

I like it too...

Depth.

Also read he is a Chicago native and went to school at Illinois.

Per Twitter: JasonLaCanfora CB Kelvin Hayden agreed to terms with Bears on a 1yr deal

12 minutes ago.

I like it. Should be good to have another body in CB, if for nothing else competition.

Guest TerraTor
Per Twitter: JasonLaCanfora CB Kelvin Hayden agreed to terms with Bears on a 1yr deal

12 minutes ago.

I like it. Should be good to have another body in CB, if for nothing else competition.

Probably one of the coolest names in NFL. If nothing else, ha!

Probably one of the coolest names in NFL. If nothing else, ha!

Hes not a stud, but is now the second best CB on the roster. Now that we have him in the fold, I would say DL will be our first pick.With also the need of another DT, I think that the BPA at DE or DT will be our first rounder.

Guest TerraTor
Great signing, damn I thought we were done. He is a decent CB and knows the Cover-2. This should obviously reduces the need for a CB in the first few rounds, and makes the picks a little more focused.

Boring

Hes not a stud, but is now the second best CB on the roster. Now that we have him in the fold, I would say DL will be our first pick.With also the need of another DT, I think that the BPA at DE or DT will be our first rounder.

How do you figure he's the 2nd best CB on the roster? The Falcons wanted him worse than the Bears and he only started 8 games. He might be better than Tim Jennings and I hope he is.

Wonder what this does to their draft strategy. Tillman, Hayden, Jennings, and Moore are a solid 4, but there's not much after that, unless I'm forgetting someone. I'd still like to see a mid-round pick on a CB.

I think it means CB just got moved far down the list.

OL, WR, DE...wash, rinse, repeat

Agreed. Although I'd include DT with that cycle. Melton looks good 4 times a year, Paea did nothing the first half of the season, and Matt Toeaina is surprised he's still in the league. With Okoye & Adams both likely out, that's thin.

While there is a new GM, we have NOT conducted business differently. We've loaded up on special teams, brought in back-up CB's to try and start, and swore publicly we love and believe in our o-line. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

I would not be surprised if rounds #1 and #2 were DE & DT or vice-versa.

Why a WR though? They have so many already, and even if they cut Komar and Sanzenbacher, they still have BM, Hester, Thomas, Bennett, Knox, and Weems. Then again, they COULD essentially list Weems or Hester as a DB.

Tell me who is better? Other than Tillman, not the top of the food chain.

I think a lot of people are too down on TJ. He didn't give up a TD last year. Only 1 other CB in football can say that.

Agreed. Although I'd include DT with that cycle. Melton looks good 4 times a year, Paea did nothing the first half of the season, and Matt Toeaina is surprised he's still in the league. With Okoye & Adams both likely out, that's thin.

While there is a new GM, we have NOT conducted business differently. We've loaded up on special teams, brought in back-up CB's to try and start, and swore publicly we love and believe in our o-line. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Melton led all DT's in sacks...

And BTW, they brought in a bonafide #1 WR, a great back-up QB, and a great #2 RB. What are you talking about?

Boring

Why?

We traded for a #1 wide receiver and got a legitimate backup quarterback. Completely different.

Peace :dabears

Tell me who is better? Other than Tillman, not the top of the food chain.

I thought Tim Jennings would have better stats. I was wrong. Although both guys have similar back-grounds. Both were 2nd round picks by the Colts. Hayden is a year older and bigger. Neither have put up impressive numbers. Hayden has 11 total interceptions and Jennings 7.

Immediatel stats: Hayden only played 8 games last year. That gives Jennings an advantage. Ought to be one helluva a camp battle . . .

We traded for a #1 wide receiver and got a legitimate backup quarterback. Completely different.

Peace :dabears

Jerry Angelo gave us Mushin Muhammed in '05 who was a legit #1 (or so we thought)

He signed Brian Griese in '06 who was a legit #2 QB (again . . . so we thought)

Jerry did plenty of trading for players. Cutler, RMJ, Gaines Adams . . .

Considering in his 10+ years as GM, Angelo made just about every move imaginable, I concede this is a silly argument.

My point is that like Angelo, Emery is making moves based on the recommendations of the head coach. Based on that, I expect to see a continued emphasis on defense and think we'll go d-line early and often in the draft.

Jerry Angelo gave us Mushin Muhammed in '05 who was a legit #1 (or so we thought)

He signed Brian Griese in '06 who was a legit #2 QB (again . . . so we thought)

Jerry did plenty of trading for players. Cutler, RMJ, Gaines Adams . . .

Considering in his 10+ years as GM, Angelo made just about every move imaginable, I concede this is a silly argument.

My point is that like Angelo, Emery is making moves based on the recommendations of the head coach. Based on that, I expect to see a continued emphasis on defense and think we'll go d-line early and often in the draft.

Muhammad had 3 1,000 yard years in 9 years prior to Chicago. Marshall has had a 1,000 yard season in 5 of his first 6 years with his rookie year being the only year he didn't. Marshall is obviously younger. Marshall is obviously playing with better QB's than Muhammad was. Moose wishes he had the abilities that Brandon Marshall does.

Griese wasn't awful. 11 TD's/14 INT's would've gotten the Bears into the playoffs in 2011.

Agree.

Agree. I didn't hate JA.

Based on the head coach? Why? Because he signed a veteran CB who fits the system? I think every GM aims to find guys who fit the team's schemes, no? As for the "we'll go DE early" comment, isn't that needed, or do you just want Idonije and Wootton along side Peppers? They tried to get Mincey but he stayed in Jacksonville. They couldn't address every need in FA, and now they'll address those in 3 weeks. We all wanted BETTER players, but again, who did you have in mind? Finnegan and Carr for $10 million? Then they'd still be without a #1 WR. Mario Williams for a gazillion/year? Then they'd have twice the needs.

Disagree here as we have a backup QB who has more starting experience that all of our starting QBs had prior to Cutler, and that was a decade long run or something like that. What experience did our backups have?

We also have one of the top 3 WRs in the NFL over the past several years. When has that happened in the last decade?

We also have a solid backup RB behind Forte.

Why a WR though? They have so many already, and even if they cut Komar and Sanzenbacher, they still have BM, Hester, Thomas, Bennett, Knox, and Weems. Then again, they COULD essentially list Weems or Hester as a DB.

Perception. Nothing more, nothing less. Even educated Bears' fans seem to think WR is still a major need, and one that will be addressed by the front office. I contend that BM, Hester, Bennett, Knox is a very good starting four. And if Knox is out, we get to kick the tires on Thomas.

We'll see, I guess.

Perception. Nothing more, nothing less. Even educated Bears' fans seem to think WR is still a major need, and one that will be addressed by the front office. I contend that BM, Hester, Bennett, Knox is a very good starting four. And if Knox is out, we get to kick the tires on Thomas.

We'll see, I guess.

I think we need to add another WR prospect, but it doesnt have to be early. IF Marshall gets some kind of a suspension it changes everything. I think one more added to the bunch is a necessary, but in the 3rd or 4th can still be a good player. Hester is just going to be a special play guy, maybe in on 25% of the plays, so I dont think you can count him at a top 3 Wideouts.

I think we need to add another WR prospect, but it doesnt have to be early. IF Marshall gets some kind of a suspension it changes everything. I think one more added to the bunch is a necessary, but in the 3rd or 4th can still be a good player. Hester is just going to be a special play guy, maybe in on 25% of the plays, so I dont think you can count him at a top 3 Wideouts.

I think he's PERFECT as the #3 WR. His stats, speed, agility, and moderate reliability have all the appearances of a dynamite slot guy who should never have been put in the #1 role. With BM as #1 and EB as #2, the pressure is off Hester and he just gets to rip defenses apart while they're trying to figure out the first two.