Just a question I'm wondering

Wesson44

Lets say I wanted to play for the Bears. Can I walk on like some do in college or do I need an agent to get me a tryout?

open tryouts are optional for teams. Not sure if the Bears have then. I read that the Eagles hold one each year, but its mainly just for local college players that aren't high on any of the scouts radars. Even then they supposedly do things such as run the 40 and bench press drills to weed out 99% of the people who show up. But there is always a chance I suppose. If they had a tryout locally I would go to it just to experience it. Of course I'm not very big so wouldn't be up for much contact with massive mounds of muscle. I can however kick a football fairly well. I could totally be a camp kicker/punter who is gone on the first cut!

I don't recall the Bears ever doing an open tryout but I may have just missed hearing about it. There's nothing stopping you from trying out for them without an agent. However, you need to get your foot in the door somehow. This is usually via some local coach calling someone inside the team that they know and making a recommendation.

open tryouts are optional for teams. Not sure if the Bears have then. I read that the Eagles hold one each year, but its mainly just for local college players that aren't high on any of the scouts radars. Even then they supposedly do things such as run the 40 and bench press drills to weed out 99% of the people who show up. But there is always a chance I suppose. If they had a tryout locally I would go to it just to experience it. Of course I'm not very big so wouldn't be up for much contact with massive mounds of muscle. I can however kick a football fairly well. I could totally be a camp kicker/punter who is gone on the first cut!

LOL that was funny but good to hear....well i was thinking I played in high school and college at SS and I was thinking that I could have done what our current players are doing at that postion I tackled well and was good in the zone coverage......LOL granted I haven't played in a long time but I'm 6'1, 229lbs still run a 4.6 at my age...lol(need to lose 20lbs to get faster). My son keeps asking me to play for the semi-pro team here. But I might have trouble keeping up with the faster guys...lol. But my coaches from the past said i was a ball hawk with good range so i would fit in the cover two system just fine....But lol It was just a thought!!!!!!!

At 6'1" and an indicated older age (I don't know how old), you might have problem fighting for the ball when matched up against a bunch of 6'4" WRs. :D

LOL you might be right...but at 42 I still can dunk a basketball so I might have a chance at a jump ball situation.....lol maybe