Lasted Mock- using Draft Tek 4/7 mock

ASHKUM BEAR

Round 1 - Jonathan Martin OT Stanford

also on the board when we pick:

Whitney Mercilus DE IL

Dre Kirkpatrick CB AL

Stephen Hill WR GT

Mike Adams OT Oh St

This is a no brainer, but it would've been tough if Quentin Coples was still there which he was taken #18 by SD. The glaring holes on the team are OLT, DE, and DT.

Round 2 - Bruce Irvin DE West Virginia

Mohammed Sanu WR Rutgers

Zebrie Sanders OLT FL St

Coryell Judie CB Tex AM

Casey Hayward CB Vand

The Bears worked out Irvin and like his athletiscm. He will come in as a situational pass rusher and learn the ropes from Peppers.

Round 3 - Trumain Johnson CB Montana

also available we we picked:

Vinny Curry DE Marshall

Jake Bequette DE Ark

Brandon Thompson DT Clemson

Trumain has the size the Bears like to play there style D.

Round 4 - Ladarius Green TE LA-Lafayette

also available when we pick:

Vontaze Burfict ILB Ariz St

Nate Potter OT Boise St

Donnie Fletcher CB Boston College

Green is a big red zone threat that can stretch the field, very athletic and good hand.

Round 5 -Jaye Howard DT FL

Keenan Robinson OLB Texas

Tommy Streeter WR Mia

Josh Chapman DT AL

Tank Carder LB TCU

Howard is an athletic D lineman that can join the rotation.

Round 6 - Brian Quick WR App State

Jordan White WR W Mich

Dan Herron RB Oh St.

Round 7 - Darius Flemming OLB Notre Dame

Round 1 - Jonathan Martin OT Stanford

Whitney Mercilus DE IL

Dre Kirkpatrick CB AL

Stephen Hill WR GT

Mike Adams OT Oh St

This is a no brainer, but it would've been tough if Quentin Coples was still there which he was taken #18 by SD. The glaring holes on the team are OLT, DE, and DT.

Round 2 - Bruce Irvin DE West Virginia

Mohammed Sanu WR Rutgers

Zebrie Sanders OLT FL St

Coryell Judie CB Tex AM

Casey Hayward CB Vand

The Bears worked out Irvin and like his athletiscm. He will come in as a situational pass rusher and learn the ropes from Peppers.

Round 3 - Trumain Johnson CB Montana

also available we we picked:

Vinny Curry DE Marshall

Jake Bequette DE Ark

Brandon Thompson DT Clemson

Trumain has the size the Bears like to play there style D.

Nate Potter OT Boise St

Green is a big red zone threat that can stretch the field, very athletic and good hand.

Tommy Streeter WR Mia

Josh Chapman DT AL

Tank Carder LB TCU

Jordan White WR W Mich

Dan Herron RB Oh St.

I like the picks but Quick will not make it past the 4th round, so that is way off.

Nate Potter OT Boise St

Tommy Streeter WR Mia

Josh Chapman DT AL

Tank Carder LB TCU

Jordan White WR W Mich

Dan Herron RB Oh St.

You can add Vontaze Burfict to the "also on the board list" for Rds 5, 6, and 7. Might as well toss in UDFAs too.

Man that is a weird draft. I have seen Quick and Johnson typically gone in the second rounds and Irvin going in the 4th in other mocks.

But who knows....

That is off of draft tek and most of those picks were how they picked them. I switched a few later on to my likings.

One thing for sure, I see LB being taken in 2nd or 3rd. We are definatley short in that dept.

While that's a definite need, I'd argue we currently have a greater need JUST on the defensive side for DT, DE, and CB.

Urlacher & Briggs have manned the position for so long and they've always been healthy. We need to think about eventual replacements. How do you replace a future Hall of Famer and a constant pro-bowler with a 2nd or 3rd round pick?

It's quite possible that next year at this time linebacker will be our #1 need. As of today, it'd down on the list.

CB is no longer a need, Hayden will fill in nice

Hayden didn't start for Atlanta. Why would he start for the Bears? He's here to compete with Tim Jennings which means CB is still a need. Not a great need, but a need.

DT can be in the second round

If you go DE in the first, shouldn't we go TE, O-line, or WR in round #2?

If Upshaw is still there 19 I expect him to be a bear.

I'd LOVE the Upshaw pick but we'd have to be careful not to misuse him the way we did Mark Anderson. We couldn't have him on the field in obvious running plays.

Hayden didn't start for Atlanta. Why would he start for the Bears? He's here to compete with Tim Jennings which means CB is still a need. Not a great need, but a need.

I'd LOVE the Upshaw pick but we'd have to be careful not to misuse him the way we did Mark Anderson. We couldn't have him on the field in obvious running plays.

If you look at the Alabama defense Upshaw was a better run defender than Anderson was so you could leave him on the field.

I dont think they go CB until 3 or 4, he is not our stength, but it is not now a major weakness.

I'm surprised there has been little debate over taking Bruce Irvin in Rd 2. Is that reaching too much? I thought he was more of a 3rd or 4th round pick but he must be moving up. CBS Sports has him ranked as the 64th best player. As a situational rusher he's what you'd like to see on 3rd and long. As a DE against the run he's not big enough.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=bruce+...&FORM=VIRE1

I watched some video highlights of Irvin, link above shows good/not so good plays. I like Irvin as a situational pass rusher and think in Rd 2 he'd be a good pick for us. He doesn't have the strength to be a good run defender but he did better with bull rushed than I expected. He's a freakish athlete, very quick, if he can add 10-15lbs and keep that quickness he could good DE for us. He fits Lovie's scheme in that he keeps working to the ball even down the field.

Overall I like Perry as best fit for us. He's bigger, stronger and gets through double teams plus he displays more pass rush moves. Merciius is more of a complete DE than Irvin but I don't see enough explosion for him to be a great pass rusher in the NFL. I prefer to have Irvin (and his potential) in Rd 2 over Mercilus in Rd 1. Of course that means we add someone like Cordy Glenn or Jonathan Martin in Rd 1.

I'm surprised there has been little debate over taking Bruce Irvin in Rd 2. Is that reaching too much? I thought he was more of a 3rd or 4th round pick but he must be moving up. CBS Sports has him ranked as the 64th best player. As a situational rusher he's what you'd like to see on 3rd and long. As a DE against the run he's not big enough.

Yeah, I have seen him going in the 4th round so I question the pick in the second round as well. I wouldn't be happy with it.

While that's a definite need, I'd argue we currently have a greater need JUST on the defensive side for DT, DE, and CB.

Urlacher & Briggs have manned the position for so long and they've always been healthy. We need to think about eventual replacements. How do you replace a future Hall of Famer and a constant pro-bowler with a 2nd or 3rd round pick?

It's quite possible that next year at this time linebacker will be our #1 need. As of today, it'd down on the list.

Well Briggs was a 3rd round pick, so its possible to get a replacement in the 2nd or 3rd. Talent is all over the draft, just have to find it.

Hayden did not start in ATL because he is true cover 2 type corner , Big sifference from what ATL runs.

WR to me out of it till later, Weems, Thomas and Marshall additions will make it tough for WR in the 2nd, We have 2 solid TE s Now

Spaeth, and Davis will be starting TE's. Smith and Adams are the seconday TE. No need for TE pick this draft because it sucks

Upshaw is a much different type a player then Anderson, Look at his tape he played the run well. He would be 3 or 4 down player.

Well Briggs was a 3rd round pick, so its possible to get a replacement in the 2nd or 3rd. Talent is all over the draft, just have to find it.

True, but the odds of finding another constant pro-bowl linebacker in the 3rd round are remote. More often than not, when it comes to drafting, you get what you pay for.

Inevitably we will need to address the linebacker spot in round #1.

Hayden did not start in ATL because he is true cover 2 type corner , Big sifference from what ATL runs.

Good point. Although it's still a concern that no team was willing to pay him more than the minimum. Some Bears fans seem to be overinflating his value.

WR to me out of it till later, Weems, Thomas and Marshall additions will make it tough for WR in the 2nd,

Except Marshall is likely to miss at least one game and Knox is uncertain. Weems & Thomas are your #5 and #6 WR's. We could use another play-maker. Particularly because Marshall is so in the physical pass game, it would be valuable to have a guy who can stretch the field the way Knox did. I have no faith in Hester.

We have 2 solid TE s Now Spaeth, and Davis will be starting TE's. Smith and Adams are the seconday TE. No need for TE pick this draft because it sucks

Davis is average at best and Spaeth is a blocker. We need to add one more.

Upshaw is a much different type a player then Anderson, Look at his tape he played the run well. He would be 3 or 4 down player.

Just because he played the run well in college doesn't mean he can do it in the pros. At least not at the level of a typical 4-3 DE.

Courtney Upshaw would be an oustanding pick. He reminds me of Kamerion Wimbley and Von Miller. All of these guys would put up GREAT numbers as a 3-4 OLB, but all of them can play 4-3 DE or OLB and be consistent pass rushers. If Upshaw is there at 19, Emery should heavily consider taking him.

I think he will be there and I agree they should consider him.