Tanard Jackson-cut

Stinger226

Any takers for a FS still young, got size, but seems to be a putz off the field.

New lease on life, Lovie can have him move in with him and babysit.

56 games-56 starts-10 inter-31 PDF-one sack-324 tackles.that is 6 per game, and the best part will be gotten cheap. Considering the lack of talent at the position in the draft, we should take a look. I think our DC was there when he was drafted-2007.

Any takers for a FS still young, got size, but seems to be a putz off the field.

New lease on life, Lovie can have him move in with him and babysit.

56 games-56 starts-10 inter-31 PDF-one sack-324 tackles.that is 6 per game, and the best part will be gotten cheap. Considering the lack of talent at the position in the draft, we should take a look. I think our DC was there when he was drafted-2007.

ESPN is reporting that he was cut for failing a physical. I know this day and age that could mean anything, but i'd be cautious

ESPN is reporting that he was cut for failing a physical. I know this day and age that could mean anything, but i'd be cautious

True, but why cut a guy in April due to a failed physical? That makes no damn sense unless he was due a roster bonus or something. Even then they can likely file an injury claim.

It makes no sense unless they had other reasons for cutting him.

On a side note, Stinger mentioned Lovie moving in an babysitting him. While Lovie has the reputation for that, ironically, I can't think of a single player he has ever successfully reformed.

That being said, we need another safety. He's worth a look and he's supposed to be 100% by the end of the offseason.

They didnt say why in the article I read, but they said he was a putz off the field.

I just saw today on NFL network that it was for shoulder surgery he had a few weeks back and that it was known that he wouldn't pass a physical. Which leads me to believe that they were just looking for a reason to cut him.

As far as why cut a guy so early, one reason that comes to mind is a life threaten condition. Think Gaines Adams. If his heart condition been caught in the off season don't you think they would've let him go if he refused to retire?

That could mean drugs.

There's some rumors circulating that he may have failed a drug test and he has some impending sanctions coming that the GM said he was unaware of. He already has been suspended for a year for violating the league's substance abuse policy in 2010. This may be a buyer beware situation. After the Sam Hurd debacle I could see the Bears taking a pass on him.