CB Janoris Jenkins

Pixote

CB Janoris Jenkinsis an extremely talented CB, a Pro Bowl Man-to-Man cover guy who will undoubtedly be a great player, IF IF IF

IF he can stay off of drugs

IF he can keep his "weenie" under control

IF he can find an NFL club gutsy enough to give him a shot

4 kids with 3 different women?

Bounced from the Gators, winds up in a Div 2 school and still doesn't "get it"

I just read a piece on NFL.com saying many have taken him completely off the draft boards and others would only take him in the 2nd or later. I am curious what you think. Certainly, the Bears, running the cover 2, would have no reason to gamble on this guy. If he were this great a prospect and played DE or LOT then the gamble might be worth it?

CB Janoris Jenkinsis an extremely talented CB, a Pro Bowl Man-to-Man cover guy who will undoubtedly be a great player, IF IF IF

I just read a piece on NFL.com saying many have taken him completely off the draft boards and others would only take him in the 2nd or later. I am curious what you think. Certainly, the Bears, running the cover 2, would have no reason to gamble on this guy. If he were this great a prospect and played DE or LOT then the gamble might be worth it?

I dunno. One name pops up when I read "Pro Bowl" talent and then there are questions about the players true ability....

Brandon Meriweather . Two time Pro Bowler but where is he now? Not that he has character issues just doesn't seem able to sustain his Pro Bowl level play.

I would ask my coach to meet with him. Especially if I had a "players coach" who had a record of helping people generally stay away from trouble.

This. That's where you have your coach and GM meet with them, have your minions comb though his history, and make a judgment call.

The first two ifs are too much to oversome.

I would ask my coach to meet with him. Especially if I had a "players coach" who had a record of helping people generally stay away from trouble.

Just for the record, while Lovie has a record of helping people stay away from trouble, he's generally been unsuccessful.

Here's what we should be asking: Janoris Jenkins is a top 10 talent. We won't consider him in round #1. What if he's there when the Bears pick in the 2nd round??? That'd be awfully damn tempting. I say yes.

Just for the record, while Lovie has a record of helping people stay away from trouble, he's generally been unsuccessful.

Here's what we should be asking: Janoris Jenkins is a top 10 talent. We won't consider him in round #1. What if he's there when the Bears pick in the 2nd round??? That'd be awfully damn tempting. I say yes.

I say smoked at Flordia with some money. smoked at UNA with limited money, in the NFL with lots of money??????????? its going to be puff, puff pass!!!!!

Hell no!! let him smoke it up with some other team. Hey maybe he will be a good fit for the Detroit Smokers..oops I mean Lions!!!!!

He is the love child of Adam Pacman Jones and Shawn Kemp that has Sam Hurd on speed dial. WTBS if he falls to the 3rd or 4th I'd gamble there. At some point we have to trust the Bears lockerroom to police the rookies.

LOL....do you mean police or arrest?????

Gotta remember though, if he has something on his record, he goes straight into the NFL's substance abuse program, which means he tests positive for anything or gets a DUI, then he's out for multiple games.

I don't see a new GM, especially a guy like Emery, putting this kid in the locker room in his first draft. The last point above about him heading straight into the league's substance abuse program is key too. If we are ready to win now with the right additions then you need someone you can depend on not a project who might take a year or two to turn his life around.

Expect him to end up on a team where the GM or head coach are on the hot seat and need to do all they can to save their jobs and so are more willing to take the gamble.

I don't see a new GM, especially a guy like Emery, putting this kid in the locker room in his first draft. The last point above about him heading straight into the league's substance abuse program is key too. If we are ready to win now with the right additions then you need someone you can depend on not a project who might take a year or two to turn his life around.

Expect him to end up on a team where the GM or head coach are on the hot seat and need to do all they can to save their jobs and so are more willing to take the gamble.

If you take a chance if has to be after the 3rd round and with no other good players to choose from.