We have a Super Bowl team if we do?????????????

Wesson44

IMHO we need to do three things in this draft

1. Get a WR for the other side of Marshall to take the load off of him. Granted Cutler will be looking at throwing to him alot this year but this will take double coverages off Marshall by having another threat such as Marshall. Then we can use all the rest Bennett, Hester, Thomas Weems,Knox(if he plays) to control the underneath. And it doesnt have to be in RD1

2. The Bears HAVE to strengthen the D-line. Smith's whole defense depends on it. No one in the secondary comes close to covering ANY of the Packer WRs or Johnson with the Lions without pressure on the QB. Their chances begin and end right there... So maybe drafting a DT and DE in the first two RDs

3. Offensive line will have to be worked on. True we have C.Williams and G.Carimi coming back from injury, but Webb is the weak link here. This is the problem we faced last year Webb=7th RD shouldnt be a starter, C.Williams OT playing guard, not a true guard, Garza playing center is a true guard, Spencer playing guard is a ture center, Louis playing OT/OG is a true TE. Carimi playing RT and is a LT. Then we have Ricky Henry,Levi Horn, Reggie Stephens, Edwin Williams,and Mansfield Wrotto as backups????? We need improvement here!!!

3. Offensive line will have to be worked on. True we have C.Williams and G.Carimi coming back from injury, but Webb is the weak link here. This is the problem we faced last year Webb=7th RD shouldnt be a starter, C.Williams OT playing guard, not a true guard, Garza playing center is a true guard, Spencer playing guard is a ture center, Louis playing OT/OG is a true TE. Carimi playing RT and is a LT. Then we have Ricky Henry,Levi Horn, Reggie Stephens, Edwin Williams,and Mansfield Wrotto as backups????? We need improvement here!!!

Williams' scouting report said he might play OG for a couple of years before moving outside.

Garza play G and C (not new news)

What is a true center?(Aren't they guards that hike the ball?) Just bustin chops...

How many 300 LB TE's are there? I would call him a definate project. (success though)

Carimi has played both, but is best suited for the right side.

It's not all dire. We need only one upgrade to become an average OL. My hope is that Chris Williams worked hard this off season and wants the job bad enough to take it.

Williams' scouting report said he might play OG for a couple of years before moving outside.

Garza play G and C (not new news)

What is a true center?(Aren't they guards that hike the ball?) Just bustin chops...

How many 300 LB TE's are there? I would call him a definate project. (success though)

Carimi has played both, but is best suited for the right side.

It's not all dire. We need only one upgrade to become an average OL. My hope is that Chris Williams worked hard this off season and wants the job bad enough to take it.

Ture it's not all dire, but we need improvement. We were on a roll at 7-3 last year with the same line. But we need improvement from them to keep Cutler from getting killed every week.

On the bears website it has

Spencer as center

Garza at Guard/Center

C Williams at Guard

Carimi at Tackle

Webb at tackle

Louis at Guard

I have already posted what I think will happen this camp, But overall it appears that C Williams will be at guard , this to my dismay.I am of the thought process that Williams should be left tackle and move Louis to let guard, Spencer to center and Garza back to Right side guard, Keep Carimi where he was. I believe it would make the best line we had in a longtime. I like Tices way of coaching bnut I question his stance on Webb. But reading all the reports on Webb he would have probably been a 1st rounder if he stayed at texas.

I think they're definitely a championship contender. Last year and in 2010 they were. Hell, with a healthy Cutler, I could make an argument that they would've won 1 or 2 Super Bowls.

We are contending for the playoffs right now, but because of our depth, one injury to a key player could take us from that. We have to have another option at OT.Webb hasnt arrived yet and if Williams was a clear talent, he wouldnt be bounced around so much. People talk about how good he looked at playing LG before being hurt. He played average, and to be drafted as a first round LT thats not a good thing. If he was so good, they would have put him at RT when Carmi good hurt. Louis playing RT with the able bodied Williams on the roster, that speaks volumes. He is an ok guard, not a very good tackle or he would have been playing there with Webb the starter. WE need another quality OL preferable a OT and let the cards roll as they may. Another WR in one of the first 4 rounds and two DL and we may be a lot better.

On the bears website it has

Spencer as center

Garza at Guard/Center

C Williams at Guard

Carimi at Tackle

Webb at tackle

Louis at Guard

I have already posted what I think will happen this camp, But overall it appears that C Williams will be at guard , this to my dismay.I am of the thought process that Williams should be left tackle and move Louis to let guard, Spencer to center and Garza back to Right side guard, Keep Carimi where he was. I believe it would make the best line we had in a longtime. I like Tices way of coaching bnut I question his stance on Webb. But reading all the reports on Webb he would have probably been a 1st rounder if he stayed at texas.

This is virtually identical to my thoughts on the subject if no OL is drafted. Williams-Louis-Spencer-Garza-Carimi makes too much sense in numerous ways.

In regards to the original topic of this thread, I think shoring up the OL is the key, and has been the key, for multiple seasons. Cutler has a cannon and is accurate, but his mechanics and aim get worse when he gets beat up and tentative. Forte is a stud, but his ability is minimized when the OL lets DTs in the backfield. The WRs haven't been the best route-runners, but have raw talent and speed, and would greatly benefit from an OL that can hold blocks longer, thus allowing for more complex and deeper developing routes. All that points to the OL's deficiencies. Putting the players in their originally intended, and best suited, positions just makes sense. And the offense would have loads of improvement as a result.

This is virtually identical to my thoughts on the subject if no OL is drafted. Williams-Louis-Spencer-Garza-Carimi makes too much sense in numerous ways.

In regards to the original topic of this thread, I think shoring up the OL is the key, and has been the key, for multiple seasons. Cutler has a cannon and is accurate, but his mechanics and aim get worse when he gets beat up and tentative. Forte is a stud, but his ability is minimized when the OL lets DTs in the backfield. The WRs haven't been the best route-runners, but have raw talent and speed, and would greatly benefit from an OL that can hold blocks longer, thus allowing for more complex and deeper developing routes. All that points to the OL's deficiencies. Putting the players in their originally intended, and best suited, positions just makes sense. And the offense would have loads of improvement as a result.

You and I are big on the OL needing to be upgraded, I just dont feel as confident in C. Williams as a good player. You have already given me a researched history of why he isnt our LT, I just think , he isnt because he just isnt much good enough. I think if the draft goes wrong and we dont get a high level OT then we have to give hm a shot, but we need options if he fails.(again)

I have a feeling Emery knows we need to add bodies to the OL. My guess is he is waiting to see how the chips fall in the draft and if we do not get a chance to get good value in an OL selection we will wind up signing someone in FA like the one of the two we had in for a look, both of whom had worked with Tice in the past.

For the record, if OL isn't improved I don't think the Bears have a legit chance at the Super Bowl. They'll be a fringe playoff contender. However, if they strike gold and land a stud DE in the draft, maybe a guy who is from a smaller school or underperformed a bit at a bigger school, if the coaches can coach him up, the defense could offset whatever offensive deficiencies there may be. In my opinion, DE is really the only other legitimate first round need besides LT.

I pretty much agree. It should be one of the lines...

There's a case to a Floyd falling that would be acceptable, but for the most part, if it's not OL or DL...I'd be surprised/disappointed.

For the record, if OL isn't improved I don't think the Bears have a legit chance at the Super Bowl. They'll be a fringe playoff contender. However, if they strike gold and land a stud DE in the draft, maybe a guy who is from a smaller school or underperformed a bit at a bigger school, if the coaches can coach him up, the defense could offset whatever offensive deficiencies there may be. In my opinion, DE is really the only other legitimate first round need besides LT.

I do not like Martin, Way to many questions and the results of watching tape on him make me even more suspect of his abilities.

The more I look at what Emery is doing, the more I think it will be DE/DT in the first and then OL in second or third. He was bringing in Tackles as FA's and never signed them. So I know he is looking at em. Its just the DT is deepest in longtime. We could get a impact DT and pick up a quality OT or G in second.

After Kalil and Reif there really isn't a LT worth drafting in the 1st round. The Jonathon Martin's and the Cordy Glenn's have been dropping like flies lately. Which isn't all that surprising. Even Reif is a question mark at LT but is almost a lock to go in the top 15. Some of those guys will be available in the 2nd round if we want one. If our meetings with players have been any indication, It looks like we may go WR in round 2 and OL in the middle rounds.

Here are some of the offensive lineman that have either worked out for the Bears, visited with, or have been linked to the Bears in some fashion.

**Borrowed from Bears.com which derived from PFT Workout Tracker and includes other players that have been mentioned to the Bears thanks to various media outlets**

Iowa OT Adam Gettis

Purdue offensive tackle Dennis Kelly

Memphis guard Ronald Leary

Oklahoma offensive tackle Donald Stephenson

Amini Silatolu, OG/OT, Midwestern State

Ben Jones OG, Georgia

Jeff Allen OT, Illinois

Cordy Glenn OT/OG, Georgia

Here are the WR's

Michigan WR Junior Hemingway

LSU receiver Rueben Randle

Baylor receiver Kendall Wright