One question and what would you do?

Wesson44

Out of those options, I might consider the Rams at 6 if Blackmon is still available there...but that's the only one of those spots. And I wouldn't pay full price for it, the Bears could use depth at too many positions to sell out their full draft for a WR, Julio Jones style.

Moving up to #12 isn't worth the price it would cost, similar talent might well be available in this draft at 19, just at different positions (but positions where the Bears could still use players).

There are rumors going around the the Vikings #3, Rams#6 and the Seahawks #12 all might want to trade down in the draft this year. If so what spot would you trade for and what would you be willing to give up for that spot?

If there was a chance to grab the top OLT in the draft, I would trade big time with either spot, but WR can be filled later, not even sure if Blackman or Floyd will be the better or the two, not sure what DE would be the best, etc... but franchise caliber blue chip LOT prospects usually, not always, but usually come from the top of the draft.

Out of those options, I might consider the Rams at 6 if Blackmon is still available there...but that's the only one of those spots. And I wouldn't pay full price for it, the Bears could use depth at too many positions to sell out their full draft for a WR, Julio Jones style.

Moving up to #12 isn't worth the price it would cost, similar talent might well be available in this draft at 19, just at different positions (but positions where the Bears could still use players).

We have to many holes to fill, giving up what u would have to to get to those spots ain't worth it . To me maybe you had a shot at Kahil, or maybe coples, at 12 who be considered, but probably to expensive.

We have to many holes to fill, giving up what u would have to to get to those spots ain't worth it . To me maybe you had a shot at Kahil, or maybe coples, at 12 who be considered, but probably to expensive.

I think it is going to depend on just how good Emery is at sorting out this big mess we call the "Draft". Every year big name 1st round picks flop, later round picks become future HOF caliber players. It is such a crap shoot. I am more interested in how Emery handles this draft than any draft I can remember in the past. He has impressed me in FA, I hope he continues to impress me in the draft.

I think it is going to depend on just how good Emery is at sorting out this big mess we call the "Draft". Every year big name 1st round picks flop, later round picks become future HOF caliber players. It is such a crap shoot. I am more interested in how Emery handles this draft than any draft I can remember in the past. He has impressed me in FA, I hope he continues to impress me in the draft.

Draft is suppose to be his. Stength, no matter how it looks from this side , it just has to be right later.

Draft is suppose to be his. Stength, no matter how it looks from this side , it just has to be right later.

Agreed, we have all said it before, there will be picks we will certainly question, players will be available that we personally drool over but will not be selected in favor of another we do not care for, but it all comes down to how the players he drafts show up on the field, and in many cases we will not be able to fully evaluate any draft until we look back on it a few years down the road.

There are rumors going around the the Vikings #3, Rams#6 and the Seahawks #12 all might want to trade down in the draft this year. If so what spot would you trade for and what would you be willing to give up for that spot?

I probably wouldn't make any of those deals. We have an opportunity to add quite a few solid players and I'm fine with that. If I moved up, it would be to get the LT out of USC.

I probably wouldn't make any of those deals. We have an opportunity to add quite a few solid players and I'm fine with that. If I moved up, it would be to get the LT out of USC.

Seconded. The draft value chart says it would cost too much.

I would never trade multiple first round picks for a player that never touches the ball. If you're trading that many spots to get a top 5-10 1st round pick, it's usually for a franchise quarterback.

Yet you wanted Mario Williams at $100m and he never touches the ball.

Bottom line: if he's a sure thing at LT, I'd trade future picks. Look at Joe Thomas. Possibly a future HOF'er, and in the 2007 draft, Cleveland took him and the Bears took Olsen. In other words, they took an all-pro and the Bears took a 3rd round pick.

Yet you wanted Mario Williams at $100m and he never touches the ball.

Bottom line: if he's a sure thing at LT, I'd trade future picks. Look at Joe Thomas. Possibly a future HOF'er, and in the 2007 draft, Cleveland took him and the Bears took Olsen. In other words, they took an all-pro and the Bears took a 3rd round pick.

Not sure what Mario Williams has to do with anything, seeing how he was a free agent.

History is on my side of this argument. How many times has an NFL team ever traded up for a top 5 pick to grab an offensive lineman? Last time it happened was 12 years ago with the Redskins when they traded up for Chris Samuels at #3 after acquiring an inordinate number of picks from New Orleans the year before in the Ricky Williams deal. Most trades made in the top 5 involve quarterbacks, and there is a reason for that. In fact, since 2001, there has only been 5 trades that involved a team trading up into the top 5 and all but one involved a quarterback (2003, Bears/Jets Michael Haynes trade). Atlanta traded two 1sts, a 2nd, and 2 fourths just to get Julio Jones at #6 last year. There's your starting point, at minimum. Is it worth it? No way.

I'd trade my 1st this year, 3rd this year, and 1st next year for Kalil. If they want more, f*** 'em.

I want the OL fixed as much as the next guy, but damn thats steep. Is he that much of a can't miss prospect?

Anyway, I would not do any trading up. Unless, it was too good to be true.

Not sure what Mario Williams has to do with anything, seeing how he was a free agent.

History is on my side of this argument. How many times has an NFL team ever traded up for a top 5 pick to grab an offensive lineman? Last time it happened was 12 years ago with the Redskins when they traded up for Chris Samuels at #3 after acquiring an inordinate number of picks from New Orleans the year before in the Ricky Williams deal. Most trades made in the top 5 involve quarterbacks, and there is a reason for that. In fact, since 2001, there has only been 5 trades that involved a team trading up into the top 5 and all but one involved a quarterback (2003, Bears/Jets Michael Haynes trade). Atlanta traded two 1sts, a 2nd, and 2 fourths just to get Julio Jones at #6 last year. There's your starting point, at minimum. Is it worth it? No way.

We just have to many holes to fill, to get any player in the front of the draft, will just cost to much. Your right about the upper part of the draft always for star type players.