Jerseys

Ed Hochuli 3:16

I know Nike recently came out with the new jerseys and we all had disagreements on if "classic" jerseys should be modernized, so I ask: what jerseys are your favorite and least favorite around the league? 2 or 3 of each would be fine.

This is football, not a fashion runway.

Favorites:

1. Bears - Classic, bad ass, relatively unchanged over the years

2. Raiders - Again, classic and simple, great color combo

3. Lions throwbacks

Least Favorite:

1. Green Bay. The combo of putrid yellow and diarrhea green just doesn't work. It's ugly.

2. Seahawks new one. Ugh. Looks like a neon crayon package threw up.

2. Seahawks lime green. WTF?

Move over Bob Griese and Duck Butkus....

men-on-film.jpg

Best:

1. Bears - best ever, c'mon!

2. Raiders - yup...great looking, otherwise gangsters never would have taken to it!

3. Saints - the gold and black scheme works almost as well as silver and black...

Worst:

1. Packers - reminds me of incest and puke

2. Seahawks - I'm right in step with you jason...those new ones are horrible! Day-glo gone wild. George Michael couldn't even pull off wearing that in the Wham years in 1986 under his "Choose Life" shirt.

3. Bengals - sorry, tiger stripes and all that business? Really? At least the creamsicle Bucs' one was kind of oddly interesting.

This is football, not a fashion runway.

Favorites:

1. Bears - Classic, bad ass, relatively unchanged over the years

2. Raiders - Again, classic and simple, great color combo

3. Lions throwbacks

Least Favorite:

1. Green Bay. The combo of putrid yellow and diarrhea green just doesn't work. It's ugly.

2. Seahawks new one. Ugh. Looks like a neon crayon package threw up.

2. Seahawks lime green. WTF?

Favorites (No particular order) *Current NFL Uniforms*

- Chicago Bears: Really like the changes they made to what they were before (Boring). Moving the numbers to the top gives the jersey a more visual/symmetrical flow to it, and the new Nike material is going to make everyone look faster on the field. I'm just not a fan of the socks. Get a solid color.

- NY Giants Alternate (Red): Don't know why but it just works well.

- Tennessee Titans: I've always been a fan of their uniforms. Baby blue and navy goes well together.

Special mention (No particular order)

Denver Broncos (prior to this year): Nike did them a disservice this year IMO. Although I've only seen the orange one, I didn't like how the pointed stripes are almost connected now. Looks weird.

Houston Texans (prior to this year): The two toned collar ruined these.

Arizona Cardinals alternate Black unis:

Favorite Throwbacks

- San Diego (Powder blues):

- Philly Eagles (Greens):

- Patriots white throwbacks, Bears 1940's

Worst uniforms

- Seattle Seahawks

- Cleveland Browns

- NY Jets

- Cincinatti Bengals

:blink:

Not only our rival, our hated nemesis, but also a horrible color scheme? How could you?!!!

Honestly, there is nothing about Green Bay that I HATE. Passionate fans, great team, fantastic stadium. Of course, I hope the Bears crush them twice every year, but it's players on Detroit that rub me the wrong way, not GB.

I'm a younger generation fan, and so things that happened in the '70's and early '80's with Bears/Packers don't make me hate current Packers.

Wow... I am in shock. So, you loved watching Favre obliterate our team our team for a decade in the 90's and just felt hunky dory that this wonderful Packers team destroyed us continually?

Youth...

You know not what you say...

If you carry the Bears fan card, the back of it has a strict requirement that you hate the Packers. Nothing said you can't respect them. But, you gotta hate. It's not a Stalin-like hatred mind you, just a rival hatred. Gotta hate the Packers man!

At least you seem to dislike Detroit....got to start somewhere.

:dabears

Honestly, there is nothing about Green Bay that I HATE. Passionate fans, great team, fantastic stadium. Of course, I hope the Bears crush them twice every year, but it's players on Detroit that rub me the wrong way, not GB.

I'm a younger generation fan, and so things that happened in the '70's and early '80's with Bears/Packers don't make me hate current Packers.

Wow... I am in shock. So, you loved watching Favre obliterate our team our team for a decade in the 90's and just felt hunky dory that this wonderful Packers team destroyed us continually?

Youth...

You know not what you say...

If you carry the Bears fan card, the back of it has a strict requirement that you hate the Packers. Nothing said you can't respect them. But, you gotta hate. It's not a Stalin-like hatred mind you, just a rival hatred. Gotta hate the Packers man!

At least you seem to dislike Detroit....got to start somewhere.

:dabears

I hated watching Favre murder the Bears, but you know what I hated more? The horses*** teams the Bears had during that time. Instead of hating the team that's annihilating the Bears, how about hating the Bears for conistently being the recipient of annihilation?

I bet nobody hates Minnesota right now. Why? Because they're easy wins. With a better team, the Bears would've beaten Favre more than twice (exaggerating) in a decade, and then maybe nobody would "hate" them as much.

If you're saying I'm not a Bears fan because I don't HATE the Packers, then get lost. I don't pony up $3,000 annually for season tickets + $700 more for a Bears roadtrip each year for shits and giggles. I do it because I love the Bears. I do it because I was born into that love. I don't do it to scoreboard watch and pray the Packers lose and their best 2 players sustain brutal injuries.

Please never construe my calling you out for not hating the Packers enough for not loving the Bears. It could very well just be a generational thing... Timing does play a factor.

Oh, I hated those Bears teams too...but it's a different hate. And I never hate my own team more than my opponent no matter how great the opponent is.

I hate Minny. I'm just not worried about them. Hell, I feel the same about Detroit. But I do hate me some Suh big time.

First off, I never said you are not a Bears fan. I tried to make somewhat of (an apparently failed) funny comment that part of loving the Bears is hating the Packers. I assume you do fully realize that when you say you don't remotely hate the Packers as your opening line, you're bound to get some comment? You are obviously younger than I, and didn't live through the rivalry in the 70's and 80's as I did. You didn't get to see McMahon's career and the '85 Bears potential dynasty ruined by one of the cheapest shots in sports history. You did make mention of that. But, when you sluff it off, some, like myself, can't sit idley by and see a Bears fan proclaim non-hatred of Green Bay.

...it really could just be an age thing and when we grew up watching. For me at least, part of the Bears love comes hand in hand with Packers hatred.

:cheers

I hated watching Favre murder the Bears, but you know what I hated more? The horses*** teams the Bears had during that time. Instead of hating the team that's annihilating the Bears, how about hating the Bears for conistently being the recipient of annihilation?

I bet nobody hates Minnesota right now. Why? Because they're easy wins. With a better team, the Bears would've beaten Favre more than twice (exaggerating) in a decade, and then maybe nobody would "hate" them as much.

If you're saying I'm not a Bears fan because I don't HATE the Packers, then get lost. I don't pony up $3,000 annually for season tickets + $700 more for a Bears roadtrip each year for shits and giggles. I do it because I love the Bears. I do it because I was born into that love. I don't do it to scoreboard watch and pray the Packers lose and their best 2 players sustain brutal injuries.