Adams Tests Positive For Pot?

lemonej

There are reports that OT prospect Mike Adams tested positive at the Combine for Marijuana.This is after being arrested in 2009 for possessing drug paraphenalia and add this to the receiving improper benefits suspension and we have what should be a guy with major character issues. He should not only drop out of the first round but he should be pulled off a few draft boards all together.

The bigger issue isn't with him testing positive, it's the fact that there was a complete disregard for being a professional and making sure he was clean at the time he took the tests. Everyone knows the type of testing that goes on at this event and he basically just gave the middle finger to the entire process by not giving a shit. Guys like that usually are out of the league within due time. If they don't care about it now, what makes you think they'll care once some team gives them a contract?

I hope he falls and we can get a good value late in the draft.

This could all be speculation, but we'll see.

If it is indeed true- I wouldn't touch an OL with as little of the 225 bench reps that is potentially a pothead.....pot doesn't exactly help you get stronger.

This could all be speculation, but we'll see.

If it is indeed true- I wouldn't touch an OL with as little of the 225 bench reps that is potentially a pothead.....pot doesn't exactly help you get stronger.

lol, Do you know how many people in the league smoke pot?

Anyway, he has a first round grade, so I would take a flier on him in the late rounds. I dont think he falls that far.

lol, Do you know how many people in the league smoke pot?

Anyway, he has a first round grade, so I would take a flier on him in the late rounds. I dont think he falls that far.

Yah, if they banned players that smoke pot, half the league would be sitting. The problem is not being smart enough to get caught.

There are reports that OT prospect Mike Adams tested positive at the Combine for Marijuana.This is after being arrested in 2009 for possessing drug paraphenalia and add this to the receiving improper benefits suspension and we have what should be a guy with major character issues. He should not only drop out of the first round but he should be pulled off a few draft boards all together.

After Sam Hurd, for the time being we have to be mindful of our reputation. There was talk about Brandon Marshalls past, but I can't remember his issues being drug related. He just likes to beat women. (and vice versa)

Most mocks have Adams graded to go in the 20's. He'd be a slight reach at #19. IF he's still available when we pick in round #2, it would be hard not to pass on him.

I hope he falls and we can get a good value late in the draft.

For the first time in forever, we completely agree. If the Bears can get a good feel for where Adams ends up on other teams' boards, and draft him just a little before that, it would be a great move. First round talent in the 3rd or 4th or 5th? Awesome.