This leaves me to wonder.

Wesson44

The Bears are making trades and getting players at the needed positions without the draft by way of FA. Does this set them up to make moves by trading picks in the draft to move up or down to get the player they really want. Let say they want Brockers, or Foyd in the first do they trade up if needed to get them or sit tight and let them fall.

I agree, but I'm actually thinking the more likely move is in the 2nd round. Say they go DL in the 1st (most indications are that's where they're leaning). They've obviously done their homework on the top WRs like Jeffrey, Hill, Randle, and Wright. I can envision a strategy where they take whatever DL they like in the first, then sit back in the 2nd until one of those guys is still on the board at around the 5-10 spot in the 2nd round (seems a safe bet someone will slide to around that area), then the Bears jump up to get him.

The Bears are making trades and getting players at the needed positions without the draft by way of FA. Does this set them up to make moves by trading picks in the draft to move up or down to get the player they really want. Let say they want Brockers, or Foyd in the first do they trade up if needed to get them or sit tight and let them fall.

No. We're much better off letting the draft come to us. Most agree on here our #1 needs are d-line and o-line. Chances are there will be a damn good one available. If not, that means somebody like Floyd has fallen. Nobody will be too upset to add a big-time playmaker like him.

In round #2, one of Kiper's mocks had Coby Fleener falling to us at #50. I doubt that will be happen, but weird things always happen on draft day. With all of our needs, we are best off sitting tight and taking the best player available who fits our needs.

I'll be pissed if the Bears take a WR in round 1 or 2. Bennett and Marshall is good enough

Oh for the love of God. You can't be serious.

Bennett and Hester are both slot receivers and Hester is ideally a situational player that comes in for a handful of plays a game. Knox is not playing. Who's our #2?

, and if they really are going to give Hester a lot of time at WR again, a 1st or 2nd round WR would likely get lost in the shuffle.

If whoever we pick in the 2nd round can't beat out Devin Hester at WR I would seriously question the validity of the pick in the first place.

I'll be pissed if the Bears take a WR in round 1 or 2. Bennett and Marshall is good enough, and if they really are going to give Hester a lot of time at WR again, a 1st or 2nd round WR would likely get lost in the shuffle. Go DT, DE, OT, S, or CB with the first 2 picks.

IMO, a safety or CB would be much more likely to get lost in the shuffle than a top flight WR (unless you think you can get Barron in the 1st, which I doubt).

Bennett and Hester are both slot receivers and Hester is ideally a situational player that comes in for a handful of plays a game. Knox is not playing. Who's our #2?

If whoever we pick in the 2nd round can't beat out Devin Hester at WR I would seriously question the validity of the pick in the first place.

I think you unfairly categorize Bennett. He's the #2.

I don't want a WR in the first two rounds either...but I think it'll happen based on all the visits.

I think you unfairly categorize Bennett. He's the #2.

I don't want a WR in the first two rounds either...but I think it'll happen based on all the visits.

He's more of a #3. He makes occasional appearances playing on the outside but he's generally been used as a guy that makes a ton of 3rd down plays as a slot receiver. We need an extra guy that can do real damage working on the outside opposite of Brandon Marshall. Hester is definitely not that guy.

So you expect Reuben Randle, Mohamed Sanu, or Kendall Wright to be the #2 WR this year? High expectations.

IMO, a safety or CB would be much more likely to get lost in the shuffle than a top flight WR (unless you think you can get Barron in the 1st, which I doubt).

A top flight WR? At #19 or #50? Yeah I highly doubt it

So you expect Reuben Randle, Mohamed Sanu, or Kendall Wright to be the #2 WR this year? High expectations.

A top flight WR? At #19 or #50? Yeah I highly doubt it

High expectations? How? All those guys are used to being their team's #1 receivers. Developing them as #2's in Chicago should be beneficial to them as players because they won't be getting the same attention as Brandon Marshall. Will they go out and give you 1000 yards in year 1? No. That's being facetious. Most young receivers have learning curves unless you're AJ Green or Julio Jones. But what better way to learn than to play with Bennett and Marshall? All the pressure is on those two veterans. The rookie just has to come in and play his game and in due time, will hopefully become a bigger piece to a championship caliber team.

High expectations? How? All those guys are used to being their team's #1 receivers. Developing them as #2's in Chicago should be beneficial to them as players because they won't be getting the same attention as Brandon Marshall.

Every first round pick is either their college team's #1 or #1b WR. If it was as easy as saying "every team with a #1 WR already drafting a WR in round 1 will benefit greatly because of that huge presence at #1 WR already," then every team would take one and they'd have the greatest tandem in history.

How's Michael Crabtree doing? How did Steve Smith do in year 1? Or Jennings? Or Fitzgerald? It's not that easy.

Every first round pick is either their college team's #1 or #1b WR. If it was as easy as saying "every team with a #1 WR already drafting a WR in round 1 will benefit greatly because of that huge presence at #1 WR already," then every team would take one and they'd have the greatest tandem in history.

How's Michael Crabtree doing? How did Steve Smith do in year 1? Or Jennings? Or Fitzgerald? It's not that easy.

You finished your response before I could finish adding on to mine but the point being, the benefit from already having a #1 and a strong #3 does make it easier to bring in a rookie and develop him. One of your examples is a guy that was drafted to help bring that franchise out of a rough situation (Crabtree) and was asked to come in and be their #1 right away. Jennings and Fitzgerald are actually good examples of my point. Jennings came in and got to learn from a great receiver in Donald Driver while Fitzgerald had Anquan Boldin. Jennings is a better example because he was a 2nd rounder.

As I said, there is a learning curve for most every receiver. Calvin Johnson even had a rough first year playing in Detroit. But what I'm saying is, it's a completely different situation when you are drafting a (College #1) to play #2 on a team that, contrary to their record last year, is actually on the cusp of Superbowl contention. Now by bringing in Marshall, the rookies job becomes a lot easier and he has a lot less pressure to be great in his first season.