What is your nightmare draft?

jason

We've spent a lot of time on mock drafts that we like, disagree with, like partially, etc., but has anyone put together a bizarro draft?

Put together the worst draft you can imagine. Think of the players you hate, the ones that have question marks, the guys that don't fit the Bears' schemes. Slot them appropriately and then draft.

For instance, my nightmare draft starts off like this:

1) Stephen Hill, WR, GT - The guy is raw, unproven, has very minimal tape or stats, played in a JV offensive system in college, and is a combine warrior who has flown up draft charts. That's a collection of red flags.

2) Zack Brown, LB, UNC - Head case, lazy, disinterested. Too many question marks, even though he looks the part, for a guy drafted this high.

3) Zebrie Sanders, OT, FSU - Any player who literally stands still during an entire play, and it's NOT a fumble-rooskie intended for him, is not someone I'd like protecting the franchise QB. That's an unforgiveable mental lapse.

1) Alshon Jeffrey, WR, South Carolina - I don't hate him as a player, but I think the worst thing that can happen to him is for him to be a first round pick.

2) Mitchell Schwartz, OT, Cal - A college left tackle that can't stay there - if the Bears draft a tackle, he'd better be able to compete at LT.

3) Markelle Martin, S, Oklahoma State - Another 3rd round safety, except this one has worse ball skills than either of the ones we have.

I keep thinking, "What if Ryan Tannehill slips to #19? Will the Bears take him?"

That sure as hell doesn't help the team. Tennehill will likely be long gone, but Aaron Rogers was considered a potential #1 pick and slipped to the 20's.

We've spent a lot of time on mock drafts that we like, disagree with, like partially, etc., but has anyone put together a bizarro draft?

Put together the worst draft you can imagine. Think of the players you hate, the ones that have question marks, the guys that don't fit the Bears' schemes. Slot them appropriately and then draft.

For instance, my nightmare draft starts off like this:

1) Stephen Hill, WR, GT - The guy is raw, unproven, has very minimal tape or stats, played in a JV offensive system in college, and is a combine warrior who has flown up draft charts. That's a collection of red flags.

2) Zack Brown, LB, UNC - Head case, lazy, disinterested. Too many question marks, even though he looks the part, for a guy drafted this high.

3) Zebrie Sanders, OT, FSU - Any player who literally stands still during an entire play, and it's NOT a fumble-rooskie intended for him, is not someone I'd like protecting the franchise QB. That's an unforgiveable mental lapse.

If the draft starts with Jonathan Martin (Chris Williams 2.0), an OG not named DeCastro, a LB not named Kuechly, or a DT, I will be pissed.

I'd be ok with most of the DEs being discussed (with the exception of Perry-it seems a little early for him), any of the WRs being discussed, a CB, DeCastro, Kuechly (though that's a bit of a luxury pick imo), Reiff if he fell, I'm good.

I'd be ok with a trade down or a trade up.

Mostly I don't want Jonathan Martin. his scouting report sounds exactly like Chris Williams and every other soft finesse LT that hasn't worked in the NFL.

At this point, I would say Kendall Wright or Mike Adams at 19 would be brutal. For the other rounds, they are too random to pick one specific player, but I would just like to see BPA or a need area filled with every pick. I don't want any projects or players with past injuries selected.

Another nightmare:

With the 79th pick in the NFL draft, the Bears select John Doe, DB, out of West County Texas Tech University at Austin.

I'd rather Emery took players almost exclusively out of a few major conferences than try to double-down like JA was fond of doing.