Pick it

Stinger226

Were getting close to the draft so everybody want to have a say as to who they want and who they think the Bears will pick. It has to be somewhat realistic, like Claiborne, the qbs, the rb, one WR, the LT wont be there. There is a possible one someone dropping but not who I mentioned.

For me , it would have to play out but would like Kuechly to drop to us. He is a stud, 532 tackles in three years. He would continue our Legends of LBers we have been lucky to have had, even thou we have more areas of need.

Who I think the Bears will draft would be W. Mercilus/DE/ Ill. I think they like him a lot and the other couple of players they may want will be gone.

Were getting close to the draft so everybody want to have a say as to who they want and who they think the Bears will pick. It has to be somewhat realistic, like Claiborne, the qbs, the rb, one WR, the LT wont be there. There is a possible one someone dropping but not who I mentioned.

For me , it would have to play out but would like Kuechly to drop to us. He is a stud, 532 tackles in three years. He would continue our Legends of LBers we have been lucky to have had, even thou we have more areas of need.

Who I think the Bears will draft would be W. Mercilus/DE/ Ill. I think they like him a lot and the other couple of players they may want will be gone.

Let me preface this by saying the only position we targeted in free agency that we didn't address was DE. We were willing to to give Jeremy Mincey a big contract and he turned us down. Based on this, with the exception of someone dropping, I'm convinced we're going DE.

Like you, I think we'll take Mercilus and I want us to take Mercilus. I just listened to Lawrence Holmes interview him on the SCORE at 7:00. Not only did he have 15 sacks, but he had 9 forced fumbles. That's Lovie material. Part of this is bias because I'm an Illini fan. Mercilus seems like a perfect fit.

Let me preface this by saying the only position we targeted in free agency that we didn't address was DE. We were willing to to give Jeremy Mincey a big contract and he turned us down. Based on this, with the exception of someone dropping, I'm convinced we're going DE.

Like you, I think we'll take Mercilus and I want us to take Mercilus. I just listened to Lawrence Holmes interview him on the SCORE at 7:00. Not only did he have 15 sacks, but he had 9 forced fumbles. That's Lovie material. Part of this is bias because I'm an Illini fan. Mercilus seems like a perfect fit.

It was 16 sacks and thing he is great upside going forward.

I think it has to be either DT or DE in the first WR in the second and either OL or DT/DE in the third.Then OT and or BPA the rest of the way.

I think its DE in the first. In my mock on the NFL site I actually ended with us taking Coples. After reviewing each teams needs and players available it just ended up that he fell to us because of the question marks on his drive. If Coples isn't there I still prefer Nick Perry over Mercillus. I see him more explosive and powerful than Mercillus. After Perry bulked up to 270lbs and still ran in the 4.6s while benching 35 reps he answered the biggest questions.

My pick - Nick Perry.

I think we will see DL in the first round. Unless a special player falls at OT, S, LB or WR. I expect a DE in the first round but it could be a DT.

The second round will certainly be DL if the first isn't, and even if it is, DL is not out of the question on both rounds.

That said, I expect DE in the 1st and WR in the 2nd. But don't overlook S, OL, DT and LB help too.

Every year some player drops do to character concerns. Many knock Coples due to being "lazy". I hope he drops because between Peppers (former NC player) and Marinelli working with him I have no doubt this guy would be dynamite for us.

Realistically, I am hoping Mercilus is still there after another team breaks my heart and picks Coples.