My Bears Mock Draft / Prediction

dawhizz

This is a bit of blend of what I want to happen and what I think will happen, based on my review of Emery's drafts with the Chiefs and Falcons:

1) Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina - I think he'll slide and I think we'll take him. Makes a ton of sense here where one NC lineman with motor concerns can learn from another.

2) Jeff Allen, OT, Illinois - The Bears' comfort with LT turns out to be a bit of a smokescreen. Allen has been moving up and is known as one of the best pass protectors in the draft, just what this team needs. Plus, Emery has a history with Illinois linemen (drafted Jon Asamoah).

3) Brian Quick, WR, Appalachain State - Emery loves big WRs (see Jonathan Baldwin) and isn't afraid to get them from small schools (Laurant Robinson from Illinois State, Quinton Lawrence from McNeese State). If Quick lasts this long, you draft him and tell him to watch everything Brandon Marshall does.

4) Mike Daniels, DT, Iowa - Emery tends to get his DL from big schools, and the Bears need a rotational pass-rushing DT with Paea likely to step in at Anthony Adams' run-stopping DT role.

5) Chris Rainey, RB/WR/KR, Florida - A huge curveball, I know, but Emery was with the Chiefs when they drafted McCluster even with Charles and Jones on the roster, and I can see him envisioning a similar player in Rainey. I wouldn't take him, but I can see Emery doing it.

6) Brandon Hardin, S, Oregon State - A player the Bears have brought in for a visit and they need another body at safety.

7) Danny Trevathan, LB, Kentucky - Even with the addition of Geno Hayes, the Bears need depth at LB. Emery seems to like LBs with big college production (Curtis Lofton, Michael Boley, Stephan Nicholas) and Trevathan led the SEC in tackles the last two years.

This is a bit of blend of what I want to happen and what I think will happen, based on my review of Emery's drafts with the Chiefs and Falcons:

1) Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina - I think he'll slide and I think we'll take him. Makes a ton of sense here where one NC lineman with motor concerns can learn from another.

2) Jeff Allen, OT, Illinois - The Bears' comfort with LT turns out to be a bit of a smokescreen. Allen has been moving up and is known as one of the best pass protectors in the draft, just what this team needs. Plus, Emery has a history with Illinois linemen (drafted Jon Asamoah).

3) Brian Quick, WR, Appalachain State - Emery loves big WRs (see Jonathan Baldwin) and isn't afraid to get them from small schools (Laurant Robinson from Illinois State, Quinton Lawrence from McNeese State). If Quick lasts this long, you draft him and tell him to watch everything Brandon Marshall does.

4) Mike Daniels, DT, Iowa - Emery tends to get his DL from big schools, and the Bears need a rotational pass-rushing DT with Paea likely to step in at Anthony Adams' run-stopping DT role.

5) Chris Rainey, RB/WR/KR, Florida - A huge curveball, I know, but Emery was with the Chiefs when they drafted McCluster even with Charles and Jones on the roster, and I can see him envisioning a similar player in Rainey. I wouldn't take him, but I can see Emery doing it.

6) Brandon Hardin, S, Oregon State - A player the Bears have brought in for a visit and they need another body at safety.

7) Danny Trevathan, LB, Kentucky - Even with the addition of Geno Hayes, the Bears need depth at LB. Emery seems to like LBs with big college production (Curtis Lofton, Michael Boley, Stephan Nicholas) and Trevathan led the SEC in tackles the last two years.

I would love to get Coples and Quick would be a nice addition. I think Massie could be there in the second, but Allen could be an aternative choice, more of a third round valve.

If Coples is still on the board at 19, I would be shocked if the Bears don't take him. Mercilus will likely be the pick if he's not there. I like Quick. At 6'4, with his basketball background, he's a little inexperienced but he certainly has the talent to play at this level. There will be some good WR options in the 2nd round, including Rueben Randle and Alshon Jeffery among others.

I'd be down with that draft except for the Rainey pick, I think Emery looks for a CB.

I'd be down with that draft except for the Rainey pick, I think Emery looks for a CB.

I agree, I think there's a young CB picked in the draft and at this spot taking the CB fits team needs better than adding competition for the 3rd RB spot. Another point is Bell playing special teams on coverage where he improved last year and would/could Rainey fill that role? We've already signed players to handle the KR/PR spots and if you draft Quick then, with Hester on the roster, why do we need Rainey? I'm not sure Quick will last to our pick in the 3rd Rd but if he does grab him. Allen in the 2nd seems a bit of a reach and I think (hope) if we go LT in Rd 2 there will be someone better available ...could Adams fall to us after the recent reports? If we go Oline in Rd 2 before Allen I'd prefer to grab one of the more talented OGs and just kick Chris Williams back outside. I don't see Allen being better than him at LT especially in his rookie year.

I agree, I think there's a young CB picked in the draft and at this spot taking the CB fits team needs better than adding competition for the 3rd RB spot. Another point is Bell playing special teams on coverage where he improved last year and would/could Rainey fill that role? We've already signed players to handle the KR/PR spots and if you draft Quick then, with Hester on the roster, why do we need Rainey? I'm not sure Quick will last to our pick in the 3rd Rd but if he does grab him. Allen in the 2nd seems a bit of a reach and I think (hope) if we go LT in Rd 2 there will be someone better available ...could Adams fall to us after the recent reports? If we go Oline in Rd 2 before Allen I'd prefer to grab one of the more talented OGs and just kick Chris Williams back outside. I don't see Allen being better than him at LT especially in his rookie year.

I agree except for Allen has the potenial to be better,IMO.I think Webb is what he is and not much more of improvement going forward. I think being a starter for 2 years , his second year should have shown more improvement.

I would be okay with this draft except in RD 4 I would try and pluck Kheeston Randle from Texas to backup the block eating role at DT.