Interested in McClellin

AZ54

With his attitude and football presence I can see him taking Urlachers spot in a few years if drafted here.

I'm not so sure they aren't considering him as a full-time DE but possibly as someone to consider if they trade back in Rd 1. Drafting him as a LB at 19 would be a mistake IMO, at least for this year and next, because of the greater need for a speed rusher. At best McClellin would be our starting SLB but in our division he'd always be off the field on 3rd down, and maybe more often than that when we are in nickel situation. Our D has been pretty good the last couple years but we can't get off the field on 3rd down even 3rd and long. IMO we need to get some speed injected into our pass rush to solve that problem.

I'm not so sure they aren't considering him as a full-time DE but possibly as someone to consider if they trade back in Rd 1. Drafting him as a LB at 19 would be a mistake IMO, at least for this year and next, because of the greater need for a speed rusher. At best McClellin would be our starting SLB but in our division he'd always be off the field on 3rd down, and maybe more often than that when we are in nickel situation. Our D has been pretty good the last couple years but we can't get off the field on 3rd down even 3rd and long. IMO we need to get some speed injected into our pass rush to solve that problem.

I think we draft him as a DE, but I can see the situation where he could be put in Urlachers spot when he is gone and become the next big thing in LBers for us. Urlacher was a saftey in college, and was first tried at SLB and then moved to the MLB spot and flourished. The moving down thing is a more valve for him, but do see him still as a first round pick.

He is a 3-4 OLB IMO and doesn't fit our scheme. This is definetly a smokescreen. This guy does remind me of Clay Matthews and Conner Barwin. Both guys are playing OLB in 3-4 schemes.

He played as DE in college and was very productive, and not at 19 but wouldnt mind taking a flyer on him at #2. His bio says he needs to get stronger and better at point of attack, I could see that happening with Marin. Depends on if all our options are gone at #1 and he is still there in 2.

He played as DE in college and was very productive, and not at 19 but wouldnt mind taking a flyer on him at #2. His bio says he needs to get stronger and better at point of attack, I could see that happening with Marin. Depends on if all our options are gone at #1 and he is still there in 2.

He is 6-3 260 which may be weight room weight, do you really think that the 3-4 teams at the end of the first round will let him get to the second round? I also want to add that Boise St. hasn't really been very productive on the defensive side over the years. As a matter of fact Boise St. prospects have not been looked at favorably by scouts. If I had a choice of a player from Boise St. this year it would be the OT Potter and RB Martin would be second.

I have to add this which I came across tonight.

----------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d828...HP11_hot_topics

5. Shea McClellin, OLB, Boise State: Pass rushers are valued at a premium in the NFL, so prospects flashing the ability to get to the quarterback fly up the charts as the draft approaches. McClellin is not a pure pass rusher with the size and speed to consistently win against big, imposing offensive tackles. His production has been a byproduct of the Broncos' clever defensive scheme, rather than his individual talent. For a team expecting a dominating pass rusher with game-changing skills, McClellin's workmanlike game might not produce the results to match his draft status.

Follow Bucky Brooks on Twitter @BuckyBrooks