If Kalil Slips...

Mongo3451

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/...il-could-slide/

I don't see it happening but... What if Kalil falls out of the top 10? What would it take to move up 8 spots and would it be worth it to you?

Please no bitching about the Bears winning the last game in this post... :cheers

I say no because you would probably have to give up 3 picks. 2 this year and 1 next year.

If ONLY the Bears had thrown that last game against Minnesota!!!!

Ha!! Couldnt resist. I think it ludicrous to even entertain the thought.

Anyhow, as much a proponent I am to NOT drafting an OLman in the first round, I might consider an exception with a player like Kalil. I think it mostly has to do with pedigree, since his brother has at least been somewhat successful if not at least consistent. However, the price that would be paid to secure a player like him would be too much, both in picks and money. So again I'd have to say no thanks.

If ONLY the Bears had thrown that last game against Minnesota!!!!

Ha!! Couldnt resist. I think it ludicrous to even entertain the thought.

Anyhow, as much a proponent I am to NOT drafting an OLman in the first round, I might consider an exception with a player like Kalil. I think it mostly has to do with pedigree, since his brother has at least been somewhat successful if not at least consistent. However, the price that would be paid to secure a player like him would be too much, both in picks and money. So again I'd have to say no thanks.

Money isn't as much an issue with the new rookie cap structure lowering what rookies get with the new contract.

However, the cost of picks needed to fill other needs is a concern.

I say no because you would probably have to give up 3 picks. 2 this year and 1 next year.

Agreed. At the least we'd have to give up this year's #19 and next year's #1. Is he THAT much of an upgrade over Jonathon Martin? I'm just skeptical about rookies. I remember Robert Gallery being a guaranteed "can't miss" prospect. Hell, if it hadn't been such a deep draft class, he'd have been taken #1.

Not to mention I really believe Emery & Tice when they say J Webb can be good.

More importantly, I think every team picking in the top 10 needs o-line help. Cleveland has Joe Thomas but they have nobody at RT and the rest of the line is awful. Playing Kalil at RT would fix one helluva a lot of their offensive woes. Buffalo is desperate for a LT and are often projected to take Riley Reiff. If Kalil was still there when they picked, they'll be dancing in the streets. I wouldn't trade him for two #1's.

Agreed. At the least we'd have to give up this year's #19 and next year's #1. Is he THAT much of an upgrade over Jonathon Martin? I'm just skeptical about rookies. I remember Robert Gallery being a guaranteed "can't miss" prospect. Hell, if it hadn't been such a deep draft class, he'd have been taken #1.

Not to mention I really believe Emery & Tice when they say J Webb can be good.

More importantly, I think every team picking in the top 10 needs o-line help. Cleveland has Joe Thomas but they have nobody at RT and the rest of the line is awful. Playing Kalil at RT would fix one helluva a lot of their offensive woes. Buffalo is desperate for a LT and are often projected to take Riley Reiff. If Kalil was still there when they picked, they'll be dancing in the streets. I wouldn't trade him for two #1's.

I would say it would take more than two #1 to move to a spot to draft him. May a #1,3,6 this year a #1 next year. We need to many spots to fill to take that jump. If we didnt have such an aging defense, I would say maybe.

I forget which show it was, maybe NFL 32, where Bill Polian was talking about Kalil. He wasn't all that impressed with him being considered to go in the top 5 because he said he isn't a prototypical left tackle. Needs to get stronger. He's not quite in the same league as the Jake Longs and Joe Thomas' but he's still a really good prospect. I don't think the Bears need to worry about trading up at this point though unless it's just a few spots. They need picks and players right now.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/...il-could-slide/

I don't see it happening but... What if Kalil falls out of the top 10? What would it take to move up 8 spots and would it be worth it to you?

Please no bitching about the Bears winning the last game in this post... :cheers

No way, the price would be too steep for someone who has yet to play a down in the NFL.