Mayock's Mock

lemonej

Mike Mayock, who's analysis I respect when it comes to the draft because he seems to be extremely thorough when he explains why he likes prospects, has the Bears selecting Chandler Jones at 19. Mike Mulligan who has shown over the years that he can have some insight into Bears picks was the lone panelist from the Score round table discussion of the Bears draft plans that also picked Jones.Pompeii,Biggs, Zaidman and Matt Bowen all believe that Mercilus will be and should be the pick.

Mike Mayock, who's analysis I respect when it comes to the draft because he seems to be extremely thorough when he explains why he likes prospects, has the Bears selecting Chandler Jones at 19. Mike Mulligan who has shown over the years that he can have some insight into Bears picks was the lone panelist from the Score round table discussion of the Bears draft plans that also picked Jones.Pompeii,Biggs, Zaidman and Matt Bowen all believe that Mercilus will be and should be the pick.

Its their job to do the homework and who ever it is, it just needs to pan out.

I didn't see it in the videos I watched. I watch NFL Network all the time and rarely does Mayock make any kind of a statement like that unless the guy is a top 5 player.

2 weeks ago he's Mayock's 4th ranked DE, and not on Mel's big board. 2 days before the draft he's suddenly Mayock's top defensive player in the draft and Mel thinks he goes around 10th.

Something's fishy.

2 weeks ago he's Mayock's 4th ranked DE, and not on Mel's big board. 2 days before the draft he's suddenly Mayock's top defensive player in the draft and Mel thinks he goes around 10th.

Something's fishy.

Nothing fishy, they are talking to scouts and get more info/clues everyday.

Nothing fishy, they are talking to scouts and get more info/clues everyday.

Right, but Mayock is supposed to be scouting the guys himself, not passing along the opinions of other people. It's just weird to have such a dramatic change of opinion about a guy based on no new information. Makes you wonder if some of these guys spread some money around to get someone influential like Mayock to publicly pimp them.