Lombardi Mock....

Pixote

He starts off by saying he hates to do mocks, and it sure shows. This is one of the worse pieces of garbage I have seen when it comes to the Bears. Look at who he has us taking and more importantly who we pass up and leave on the board at 19. If it worked out this way I would be so pissed off you couldn't begin to imagine.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/mock-drafts/...HP11_hot_topics

I heard another mock last night on ESPN radio where Michael Floyd drops and the Bears dont take him. I just dont believe the Bears could pass on Floyd if he is there at 19.

If nothing else, WR's are usually in high enough demand that they ought to be able to grab an extra 3rd rounder by moving down a couple slots if he's available. Unless the entire league has crossed him off their board/dropped him into the 2nd because of the personal stuff/drug suspension risk.

I heard another mock last night on ESPN radio where Michael Floyd drops and the Bears dont take him. I just dont believe the Bears could pass on Floyd if he is there at 19.

I'd LOVE Floyd on this team. But then we'd need to draft OT in the second round! Leave D for later. I think I saw a headline in today's paper where Morrisey is saying go O early too but I haven't had a chance to read the story yet.

I disagree. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have him. But there's two things:

1. Floyd is similar to Marshall. Ideally, if we're spending a #1 pick on a WR, we want a speed guy to compliment him.

2. In terms of our roster, we don't need another WR. Brandon Marshall, Earl Bennett, Johnny Knox, Devin Hester (if healthy), Eric Weems, and Devin Thomas are all locks to make the team. Plus we still have Sanzenbacher. We don't have to add anybody, and our roster could look the same. Meanwhile we only have 2 DE's definite to make the team--Peppers, Idonije. I consider Wooton a big question mark. Meanwhile, we only only 3 DT's definite to make the team--Melton, Paea, and Toeania. We pretty much have to add a quality DE and DT who can compete for playing time.

I disagree. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have him. But there's two things:

1. Floyd is similar to Marshall. Ideally, if we're spending a #1 pick on a WR, we want a speed guy to compliment him.

2. In terms of our roster, we don't need another WR. Brandon Marshall, Earl Bennett, Johnny Knox, Devin Hester (if healthy), Eric Weems, and Devin Thomas are all locks to make the team. Plus we still have Sanzenbacher. We don't have to add anybody, and our roster could look the same. Meanwhile we only have 2 DE's definite to make the team--Peppers, Idonije. I consider Wooton a big question mark. Meanwhile, we only only 3 DT's definite to make the team--Melton, Paea, and Toeania. We pretty much have to add a quality DE and DT who can compete for playing time.

I dont fall into the camp of needing different types of receivers. If B Marsh is a mismatch, and Floyd is a mismatch, putting them together doesnt mitigate that IMO. Being realistic...I think Knox isnt here this year and possibly becomes an injury settlement later. I dont believe Weems and Thomas are locks...I would suggest one is.

To rephrase...would you have 2 Brandon Marshalls or 1 Brandon Marshall and one miscellaneous speed guy? Im guessing the former. (Im not stating Floyd is equivalent..but certainly appears to be a potent prospect)

Floyd, Hightower, Curry, Mercilus, Reiff all there...WTF is Lomardi smoking?

And Perry, Kirkpatrick, and Upshaw.

If they take McClellin over Floyd, Mercilus, Kirkpatrick, Perry, Reiff, or Upshaw, I'm not sending my season ticket payment.

McClellin is too slow and unathletic to be a 4-3 OLB and he's not big enough to be a 4-3 DE. This would be a HUGE let down of a selection.

:banghead

And Perry, Kirkpatrick, and Upshaw.

If they take McClellin over Floyd, Mercilus, Kirkpatrick, Perry, Reiff, or Upshaw, I'm not sending my season ticket payment.

McClellin is too slow and unathletic to be a 4-3 OLB and he's not big enough to be a 4-3 DE. This would be a HUGE let down of a selection.

:banghead

Well, at least I don't have to turn in my ST's since they took him but not over Kirkpatrick and Floyd, but it was close. :unsure:

Look at who he has us taking and more importantly who we pass up and leave on the board at 19. If it worked out this way I would be so pissed off you couldn't begin to imagine.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/mock-drafts/...HP11_hot_topics

Gotta give you credit for keeping your word and not bitching, even after the Bears took the one guy you said would set you off. Hardcore. :headbang

Yes, I admit, I was praying someone would pick this guy before we drafted but he was there and we got him. Afterwords, instead of pouting I started researching the guy, something I should have done before the draft but did not have the time to do so, and found I understood why they selected him.

I have no doubt this will play out again tonight and tomorrow, LOL.