Bears looking at DT Cox

GakMan23

I know we have a lot of holes to fill, but FA Part 2 will be starting soon with some good players becoming available as teams sort through what they need to do after the draft.

If we could get a guaranteed, (as much as one can guarantee ANY draft selection), difference maker for our defense, why not?

I would hate to give up Forte, so I would rather do it with picks only, but if they feel that Forte will walk next year, and no hope of getting him signed to a long term deal, I am ok with it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Fletcher Cox the exact same player as Henry Melton? Don't they play the same position? I get that the kid is talented but seems like a waste of a pick if they can't be on the field at the same time almost every down. Michael Brockers seems like more of a fit because he could be the run stopper to Melton's pass rushing. No?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,3492946.story

This makes me wonder if the rumor I heard about the Bears trading Forte and their pick for the Browns picks #4 and #22, might have more merrit then I thought

To move all the way up to #4, we'd likely have to give up Forte, our #19, and next years #1 pick. We wouldn't get the #22. Not to mention Cox is not worthy of the #4 overall pick.