I welcome McClellin with open arms!

madlithuanian

He was picked and I get the impression from what I've heard and read that he will prepare his butt off to help us win games.

I am 100% in full support of this kid.

There may have been other guys that we passed on that may be better and some that may end being worse. I just hope Shae is a solid contributor for years. If he is that. It'll be something that we've been lacking for a long while.

Kick some ass Shae!

You are a Bear now!

(I reserve judgement for Emery and his picks. There's much more to see before a true assessment can be made.)

:dabears

I am with you on this one, I had doubts at first, but after reading everything I could get my hands on, watching as much video as I could, I am liking this pick more and more. I predicted everyone would be pissed off after we made out selection, I was right, and now I predict everyone will love this guy once he gets a chance to play for us. Now, let's see what else Emery has up his sleeve.

Here's hoping you're 2 for 2 pix!

:cheers

I am with you on this one, I had doubts at first, but after reading everything I could get my hands on, watching as much video as I could, I am liking this pick more and more. I predicted everyone would be pissed off after we made out selection, I was right, and now I predict everyone will love this guy once he gets a chance to play for us. Now, let's see what else Emery has up his sleeve.

For the record; I was against this pick last week when AZ54 posted we were interested and was shocked he was drafted by Emery with so many other options availible. I was particularly amazed that Emery went against his mantra of drafting properly sized players for position. You usually want your LDE to be bigger and stronger than McClellan.

That being said, I'm done bitching and am putting my good karma towards the kid. He's a Bear, a hard worker, productive, talented and a good kid to boot. Welcome aboard Shea!

If we'd drafted Reiley Reiff, I think EVERYONE would have been thrilled with that. He'd have helped our line and he was projected to be a top 10 pick offensive tackle. We'd have LOVED it. Because he was projected by the media to be good, we'd have been thrilled. The thing is, every damn team passed on him which means he was misevaluated.

My immediate concern was that we'll only be able to use him as a situational pass rusher. But if we drafted him that high, we obviously believe he can play every down and that he's going to constantly pressure the QB.

I'm with you and Mad Lith. I'm going to get excited about our speed rusher "kill the quarterback" pick.

:cheers

For the record; I was against this pick last week when AZ54 posted we were interested and was shocked he was drafted by Emery with so many other options availible. I was particularly amazed that Emery went against his mantra of drafting properly sized players for position. You usually want your LDE to be bigger and stronger than McClellan.

That being said, I'm done bitching and am putting my good karma towards the kid. He's a Bear, a hard worker, productive, talented and a good kid to boot. Welcome aboard Shea!

I really like your comments.

This time of the year is so odd. Once you convince yourself one way or another about guys, it's easy to get disappointed.

I really tried to just step back and just think position more than person, and have faith that Emery is good at what he does. (Granted, it's easy for me since I don't know much about college ball!)

We got the pass rusher we wanted. Time to address OL and WR next...

If we'd drafted Reiley Reiff, I think EVERYONE would have been thrilled with that. He'd have helped our line and he was projected to be a top 10 pick offensive tackle. We'd have LOVED it. Because he was projected by the media to be good, we'd have been thrilled. The thing is, every damn team passed on him which means he was misevaluated.

My immediate concern was that we'll only be able to use him as a situational pass rusher. But if we drafted him that high, we obviously believe he can play every down and that he's going to constantly pressure the QB.

I'm with you and Mad Lith. I'm going to get excited about our speed rusher "kill the quarterback" pick.

Well, Emery certainly knows a lot more about scouting than I do, so there's hope after all. But seeing how we are all able to voice are opinions about what we see and can analyze, I just don't like the pick, considering all the other options that were available. I hope he turns out, for Emery's sake and the Bears. 1st round busts is the quickest way to getting yourself fired. He better be sure.

He was picked and I get the impression from what I've heard and read that he will prepare his butt off to help us win games.

There may have been other guys that we passed on that may be better and some that may end being worse. I just hope Shae is a solid contributor for years. If he is that. It'll be something that we've been lacking for a long while.

Kick some ass Shae!

You are a Bear now!

(I reserve judgement for Emery and his picks. There's much more to see before a true assessment can be made.)

I will 100% back this guy. Doesnt stop me from shaking my head at the pick. It feels like a pick JA would have done so maybe Lovie has more say on who is picked than some think.

Facts:

Emery is paid to do this

Emery has been doing this a long time

Emery proved enough to get the GM job so must have a good track record

Emery had many different options to either move up or down in the draft to get someone else or get more picks by moving down

Emery had many different options of players that we all thought were good picks but picked this guy

So we will have to trust that this guy is the real deal. I really hope he is. On to the 2nd round!!!!

Kick some ass Shae!

You are a Bear now!

I like this new "glass half full" way of thinking you are showing. Now let's talk about this Lovie Smith guy. :lol:

I wish I could've done a screen shot on my iPhone app yesterday. Basically it was from the ESPN app and they had a nice pick by pick thing going. In any case, it showed the Scouts Inc. rating for this kid that doesn't show on the web version of the website unless you're an insider. He was rated #1 at his position and a 92 overall. I tried to find the pick by pick and it isn't available right now or else I'd share more. I assume it'll come back into the menu when the picks start back up later.

Also, I heard an interview with Emery where he essentially said there were a lot of tackles in this draft that were great prospects... at GUARD. It other words, he wasn't that high on probably anyone after Kalil as to projecting to LT at the NFL level. I'm not saying he's right or wrong or even that my interpretation of what he said is 100% accurate. I assumed with Reiff sitting there he was our pick.

So, because the book on Emery is yet to be written and because Scouts Inc. had him rated very highly, I can't bash this pick. I saw the temper tantrum a few had on this site last night and just laughed. You know who you are and you're pathetic! :)

Oh, and I'm sure they still think Carimi will turn into something once healthy. At least I hope so!

Now let's get back out there and get a few more pieces to fit into the 2012 Bears Puzzle!!!

I really like your comments.

This time of the year is so odd. Once you convince yourself one way or another about guys, it's easy to get disappointed.

I really tried to just step back and just think position more than person, and have faith that Emery is good at what he does. (Granted, it's easy for me since I don't know much about college ball!)

We got the pass rusher we wanted. Time to address OL and WR next...

Thanks! The particularly kind since I went off on Riley Reiff not getting drafted . . . except he was taken by Detroit. Oops.