Well... I officially quit

Guest TerraTor

So why are people comparing him to Hernandez? Please look at the scouting reports of Hernandez before the 2010 draft...

Oh he has similar size and a latino last name...OK

to go along with what was said, his head coach at Temple was Floridas OC while Hernandez was there...so the comparison goes deeper than just similiar size, speed, and position.

Huh? Do you mean it is laughable to say he has the same speed as Hernandez??

Our pick not only has "similar speed", he's possibly faster than Aaron Hernandez, who ran his 40-times in the high 4.5s to 4.6s. According to NFL.com. Rodriguez was one of the top 2 or 3 performers for a TE in 40-time, 3-cone, and the 20 & 60 yard shuttles. Not saying I like the pick, just pointing out the facts, he's obviously extremely quick and speedy.

What I don't understand is...

STRENGTHS: Rodriguez is a very reliable pass catcher who is a crafty route runner. He was a go-to look for Temple to pick up first downs and maneuver through defenders for extra yardage. He is quick off the ball and understands how to leverage his body. He is a smooth runner who looks natural in the open field.

WEAKNESSES: Rodriguez is almost nonexistent in the pass game, and his athletic ability is suspect when attempting to get to the second level and block linebackers.

WTH? After what they wrote for his strengths, where are they coming up with "nonexistent in the pass game" and "not an athlete" (especially knowing his 3 cone and shuttle drills were excellent)?

I read good things and bad things, so we will have to see how this plays out.

Has anyone seen a report on whether this guy can block? ...at all?

Also, just found out he had the highest vertical leap of any TE in this year's draft. Granted, that's because 4 players tied for the top spot with a 36 inch leap, but he was one of 'em (NFL.com didn't list him with a "top 3 performer" star in this category because they ranked the 4 tied players by name alphabetically...and Rodriguez starts with "R").

Has anyone seen a report on whether this guy can block? ...at all?

Also, just found out he had the highest vertical leap of any TE in this year's draft. Granted, that's because 4 players tied for the top spot with a 36 inch leap, but he was one of 'em (NFL.com didn't list him with a "top 3 performer" star in this category because they ranked the 4 tied players by name alphabetically...and Rodriguez starts with "R").

Seems like it:

That's a pretty general statement about the NFL draft...

I am saying it is laughable because he has the same speed to Hernandez and since it seems like Emery is somewhat off his rocker with "stretch" picks the optimistic assume he is going the "Patriots way"....

And honestly...the only way to truly evaluate a GM is based on whether or not his decisions have worked 2-3 years down the road.

If this team misses the playoffs this year and next year, then there should pretty much be no one left in the front office.