Perspective

Stinger226

None of us on here are pro scouts or work for a NFL team so we have to take our opinions as little valve in the scheme of things. The draft always intrigues me and spend a lot of time checking out draft sites, mock drafts,ect. and would have made different choices at every point of the draft, but it is like a hobby for me and not my job. I have liked what Emery has done in FAgency and will have to give him the benefit of the doubt and wait and see how this draft class turns out.

McCellin-I as well as others seen him in a OLB spot but that doenst mean he cant play DE in a down position, What I like, his name is easy to spell, football instincts, high motor, speed, football skills. A lot to like as a football player. It will be interesting to see how this pans out.

Jeffery- I liked other WRs better but after reading more about him, I can see him becoming a #1 WR eventually. He can catch the ball and has great skill set where this could be the best pick of our draft.It is all up to his work ethic and what we can get out of him.

Hardin-He has everything going for him to be a impact player at this level but his injury history is of concern. As a third rounder, if healthy could be a real steal.

Rodriguez- If Emery has some kind of vision, this pick could turn into some kind of weapon. You send Marshall, and Jeffery down field, with Bennett crossing the middle, and have Evan hitting the seam, I can see big things coming from him. At just under 6-2 that sounds short for a TE but if he was considered a WR that would be considered good height, but his skill set is interesting.

Frey- Might be able to stick but gives competition to the position, at best a STs player

McCoy- Hard to read what valve you get out of these late round picks.

We still have UFAs to deal with and another run of NFL players that will be dropped due to new draftees, so his work isnt done yet.

The only thing that bothers me is not addressing the OLine, so his first draft will be graded on how these players contribue and what Tice does with the OLine and I can say, on paper we are a much better team going forward.

What I take from this draft is the word bizarre. I'm not complaining but just thought it would have turned out much differently. If anyone would have told me an OL, LB or DT would have not been chosen, I would've said they were nuts.

BTW-That easy name to spell... You misspelled it....

What I take from this draft is the word bizarre. I'm not complaining but just thought it would have turned out much differently. If anyone would have told me an OL, LB or DT would have not been chosen, I would've said they were nuts.

BTW-That easy name to spell... You misspelled it....

Thats a good catch, I was trying to be clever and an attempt at humor at the same time.

Thats a good catch, I was trying to be clever and an attempt at humor at the same time.

IMHO we did what we had to do in FA and the draft. I know we didnt get the player everyone wanted but we did make this team from last year better. I think that was the main goal to get better not players you wanted. With that being said I liked the Jeffrey pick...it gives us two major big weapons for Jay to throw to. The De sounds good if he compares himself (and plays like) Jarad Allen we are set with him and Peppers.Hayes will push Roach and we have depth at the back seven positions LB through safety. The rest of the guys are really fill ins or special teams guys. With all the speed we signed our special teams is going to be tops again this year.Now we might get a gem or two with our UDFA class, the OT Brown and DT Cameron just might make the team and do some things.