Something is in the works

Wesson44

If you really take a look at our roster we have 12 O linemen, 3 that can play center,9 that can play guard, and 4 that can play tackle. I know that it does not equal 12....thats because some of the players have played two positions. Now we have listed at OT Webb, Carimi, Horn, Louis. WE have Garza C/OG at center And at guard we have Spencer C/OG, Louis OG/OT, Rachal, E.Williams OG/C, C.Williams OT/OG, Henry,Stephens,Wrotto. Now we got Brown as a UDFA to throw in the mix so do we keep the same starters from last year or are we going to let them fight it out. Webb, C.Williams Brown at LT.....Rachal, E.Williams at LG Garza and Spencer at center, Louis, Garza Spencer at RG..Carimi, and Luis at RT. Who do you think wins the starting jobs?

How about a suprize, with Carimi, Rachel,Garza,Louis, C. Williams. I know it sounds stupid, but it may be our best option.

It might be our best option. Hell, J Webb looked great the first time we played Minnesota last year. The 2nd time he was an embarrassment to the point we had to triple team Jared Allen. Was the first time a fluke? Was the 2nd time injuries?

It might be our best option. Hell, J Webb looked great the first time we played Minnesota last year. The 2nd time he was an embarrassment to the point we had to triple team Jared Allen. Was the first time a fluke? Was the 2nd time injuries?

I think the second time was Cutler not being in there.

I think the second time was Cutler not being in there.

I'm sure it was to some extent. But I remeber the first game they kept showing slowed down replays how J Webb was doing a great job stopping Allen one on one. The 2nd game they kept showing replays of how Webb appeared to looking for something on the ground and allen was bursting past.

How about a suprize, with Carimi, Rachel,Garza,Louis, C. Williams. I know it sounds stupid, but it may be our best option.

I don't think that sounds all that crazy.

Whatever all the players means, hopefully it means Webb, E. Williams, and Chris Spencer don't see the field. And if one does, I hope it's because the Bears move Garza back to OG and put Spencer in at Center where he was originally picked up to play.

Carimi - Garza - Spencer - Louis - Williams

That's my hope.

My realistic look at it:

Webb - Williams - Garza - Louis - Carimi (because apparently the coaches like this group)

Webb is in a short short leash...... id put Williams were he was drafted to play and stick with it

I don't know that I like the idea of Williams coming in to camp without having a clear position to work on...

But I also don't like the idea of Webb having no competition for the starting job.

I'm not in love with the idea of Tice not being in there with the line 100% of the time. He did a masterful job of turning our pile of dogshit into at least round steak. Without his direct involvement, 24x7, I worry they'll be unready and Cutler will get hurt in the first game.

Then again, if it all comes together with players returning from injury, and they STAY healthy, we have a servicable pile of dogshit that might gel enough during camp. With the various tools available to Cutler, if the line keeps him upright, this is a potential powerhouse O.