Bears had interest in McNutt

adam

I was listening to ESPN Radio this morning and they were talking to McNutt about the whole draft process and how it felt to fall to the 24th pick in the 6th round when he was expected to go no later than the 4th round.

Out of the entire piece, the only thing of interest was that he got a call from the Bears before their pick in the 6th round and they asked him why he thought he had fallen that far. I guess they did not like his answer since they picked Frey and he went 10 picks later to Philly. It was just interesting to hear about some other names the Bears contacted and didn't draft.

I was listening to ESPN Radio this morning and they were talking to McNutt about the whole draft process and how it felt to fall to the 24th pick in the 6th round when he was expected to go no later than the 4th round.

Out of the entire piece, the only thing of interest was that he got a call from the Bears before their pick in the 6th round and they asked him why he thought he had fallen that far. I guess they did not like his answer since they picked Frey and he went 10 picks later to Philly. It was just interesting to hear about some other names the Bears contacted and didn't draft.

I would have minded that pick over a CB that probably wont make the 53 man roster.

Someone called looking to hear if he was willing to fight for a spot on a roster and was he willing to play special teams. Maybe this was flag from his interviews and it was time to see if he had a change of heart. Even so that doesn't mean he would have been our pick. I expect we target several players as our picks come closer and then take the best of the remaining targets.

Even so that doesn't mean he would have been our pick. I expect we target several players as our picks come closer and then take the best of the remaining targets.

He could've been our pick. You can't call all players, but if they called him, they had interest, just not enough to select him.