Offensive Line rankings

Stinger226

Why do you like that? Garza was a Pro Bowl alternate last year at C. Meanwhile, Spencer is injury prone. He was awful at OG, but he shouldn't be rewarded then with a spot at C. He should be in competition to have any spot on the team at all.

He probably likes it for the same reasons I like it: maximizing player ability and potential. It's not about moving Garza because he was a horrible Center.

Garza is a true guard, and signed with the Bears to play guard.

Spencer is a true center, and signed with the Bears to play center.

Putting them in their natural positions only makes the line stronger. This is particularly true if the Biggs article is accurate and Williams is moving to LT. That means a hole exists at G, and that fits Garza like a glove.

Williams - Garza - Spencer - Louis - Carimi is better than Webb - Williams - Garza - Louis - Carimi

And unless you can think of a better G-C combo than Garza-Spencer on the Bears (I can't), that's the best option.

He probably likes it for the same reasons I like it: maximizing player ability and potential. It's not about moving Garza because he was a horrible Center.

Garza is a true guard, and signed with the Bears to play guard.

Spencer is a true center, and signed with the Bears to play center.

Putting them in their natural positions only makes the line stronger. This is particularly true if the Biggs article is accurate and Williams is moving to LT. That means a hole exists at G, and that fits Garza like a glove.

Williams - Garza - Spencer - Louis - Carimi is better than Webb - Williams - Garza - Louis - Carimi

And unless you can think of a better G-C combo than Garza-Spencer on the Bears (I can't), that's the best option.

You are right as that PROBABLY being our strongest lineup, but think Rachel could come into play. He was a high rated prospect that dropped off for a reason. Didnt get along with the new coaches? Had a personal issue? Got lazy? I think when some players change teams, they have to reprove themselfs and get motivated, so they get it on. If that is the case, then maybe Rachel at LG and Garza stays at center. Just a thought.

You are right as that PROBABLY being our strongest lineup, but think Rachel could come into play. He was a high rated prospect that dropped off for a reason. Didnt get along with the new coaches? Had a personal issue? Got lazy? I think when some players change teams, they have to reprove themselfs and get motivated, so they get it on. If that is the case, then maybe Rachel at LG and Garza stays at center. Just a thought.

Possible. I'm a big believer in the concept that players play differently for different teams with different schemes. I firmly believe there could be several players who have washed out of the league who could have been stars elsewhere, and vice versa. So, the Rachal thought is not too difficult to believe. As long as he shows something, that would be a decent lineup and it would get Webb out of the game. Ideally, however, it's good to play players at their most familiar and strongest position.

Possible. I'm a big believer in the concept that players play differently for different teams with different schemes. I firmly believe there could be several players who have washed out of the league who could have been stars elsewhere, and vice versa. So, the Rachal thought is not too difficult to believe. As long as he shows something, that would be a decent lineup and it would get Webb out of the game. Ideally, however, it's good to play players at their most familiar and strongest position.

We are on the same page with Webb. He just hasnt progressed in two years of starting, no matter how long his arms are and quick his feet is. I just dont see it. Maybe this is the year he makes the leap, but to where? average. I think the LT spot needs a better than average player there and we just dont have that guy on the roster. C. Williams, give me a break, if he was so good he would have siezed the moment and grab a OT spot, instead they made him a guard.

We are on the same page with Webb. He just hasnt progressed in two years of starting, no matter how long his arms are and quick his feet is. I just dont see it. Maybe this is the year he makes the leap, but to where? average. I think the LT spot needs a better than average player there and we just dont have that guy on the roster. C. Williams, give me a break, if he was so good he would have siezed the moment and grab a OT spot, instead they made him a guard.

And I still disagree with the final thought you made. This has been shown more than one time. I wish there were a way to keep these facts/stats handy and just refer to a link somewhere that laid out all the details.

Chris Williams never lost the LT job. He got injured. He then filled out where he was needed, and where Tice best could use ALL the players available. The OL sucked, Webb was one of the most promising of who sucked, and Webb was limited in positions he could work. Result: Williams stays at OG.

Moments can't be siezed if they are never provided.

And I still disagree with the final thought you made. This has been shown more than one time. I wish there were a way to keep these facts/stats handy and just refer to a link somewhere that laid out all the details.

Chris Williams never lost the LT job. He got injured. He then filled out where he was needed, and where Tice best could use ALL the players available. The OL sucked, Webb was one of the most promising of who sucked, and Webb was limited in positions he could work. Result: Williams stays at OG.

Moments can't be siezed if they are never provided.

I remember the disagreement and the facts you stated were true, but my point on all of that was if he is so talented I would assume he would have found his way at the most important spot on the OL , and not have been moved around so much. When Carimi got hurt last year, I would have thought they moved Williams in that spot, instead of a inexperienced guard. I think he is ok of a player but I would consider a bust as a #14 LT that hasnt been able to secure that spot.

So wait, the Bears should move Garza to OG because that's "maximizing" his potential and ability. How so? He was almost a Pro Bowl C last year. Isn't keeping him there and getting him even more familiar there "maxmizing" his ability? Sure, he's 32 or 33, but he might have found some youth at C. Plus, did he ever almost make a Pro Bowl at OG? I doubt it. In other words, maybe he was a good OG for years, but that doesn't mean he can't be a good C for the next 3 years either.