NFC North, best division?

Stinger226

Pro Football Weekly was rating the best divisions and the North had a slight edge over the NFC East.

Hey its a slow topic time of the year.

I agree with them, I think the Packers are the best team in football and Detroit and The Bears will have above 9 win seasons, so that should put them over the hump.

Of course it's the best division. The Bears are in it! ;)

Pro Football Weekly was rating the best divisions and the North had a slight edge over the NFC East.

Hey its a slow topic time of the year.

I agree with them, I think the Packers are the best team in football and Detroit and The Bears will have above 9 win seasons, so that should put them over the hump.

It certainly could be. There are 3 very solidly constructed teams.

The only difference might well be that the NFC East doesn't necessarily have a doormat.

You could also use that in the NFC North's favor though, as while the NFC East doesn't have a doormat, they also don't have dominant teams like Detroit, Chicago, and Green Bay have shown they can be. I'm fully aware that NYG won the Super Bowl last year, but they were an average team all regular season. Dallas is always up and down, Washington is rebuilding, and Philadelphia has a bunch of numbskulls on their team.

You could also use that in the NFC North's favor though, as while the NFC East doesn't have a doormat, they also don't have dominant teams like Detroit, Chicago, and Green Bay have shown they can be. I'm fully aware that NYG won the Super Bowl last year, but they were an average team all regular season. Dallas is always up and down, Washington is rebuilding, and Philadelphia has a bunch of numbskulls on their team.

Depends on how we define "Dominant teams". The Giants and Iggles certainly can pull off being "Dominant teams" (one of them did, you know, win the Super Bowl last year), and the Cowboys might be able to if they can ever play up to their talent level. There are a lot of "Ifs" there, but you can apply that to the Bears and Lions as well.

As you compare them, Philly will be good this year, but arent as good as GB.

I think NY and Detroit will have similar records, and as you stated, just made a great SB run.

I think the Bears will be much better than Dallas,(I hate Dallas)

Redskins will be improved but not much better than the Vikes.

As you compare them, Philly will be good this year, but arent as good as GB.

I think NY and Detroit will have similar records, and as you stated, just made a great SB run.

I think the Bears will be much better than Dallas,(I hate Dallas)

Redskins will be improved but not much better than the Vikes.

Depends on how we define "Dominant teams". The Giants and Iggles certainly can pull off being "Dominant teams" (one of them did, you know, win the Super Bowl last year), and the Cowboys might be able to if they can ever play up to their talent level. There are a lot of "Ifs" there, but you can apply that to the Bears and Lions as well.

What team has Michael Vick ever been on that you'd consider dominant? Given the fact that he's the Eagles' QB, they'll never be dominant. He's too inconsistent and too injury prone.

I don't know if there are a lot of IFS for Detroit and Chicago. The Bears were a top 5 team last year when Cutler got hurt. Their OL always gels by week 5 or 6 despite how much criticism they receive, their defense is always solid, and they just added a top 7 WR and what could be a solid rookie WR. They also added a beast of a RB in case Forte holds out and their ST will be second to none. Detroit averaged 30 ppg last year and led the NFL in takeaways. They strengthened their team by keeping Stephen Tulloch, retaining Cliff Avril for now, and drafting what should be a very good RT for the next 10 years in Riley Reiff.

But they( Det) will be in the principle's office for most of the season.That has to be factored in when you evaluate a team/division. The AFC East and The AFC North are 2 divisions that we should keep an eye on. Buffalo's improved roster plus the Patriots perennialy being in the mix as well as the Jets. Balt. is always there and Pitt is always there and have upgraded their OL Cinci is on an up swing and Cleve. can't be any worst than Minn.