Jon Opperud ??????

Wesson44

I saw this when he was signed by the Pats.

Now if a FA OT is signed by Seattle, cut after a couple of weeks, signed by the Patriots, and then again cut after just 3 weeks, what does that tell us?

To me that says bad health or bad attitude or bad skills, or a combination of same.

Hell, he could not make it with two teams long enough to see Training Camp.

The Patriots signed rookie free-agent OL Jon Opperud on Friday, the team announced. Opperud originally signed with the Seahawks on April 29 before being released on May 15. He was a three-year starter for Montana and played left guard and left tackle.

Never heard of the guy and he's not even good enough to make it to a training camp with 90 players on the roster yet he's better than Webb? Webb is not that bad and I am not being generous in my evaluation of Webb.

Never heard of the guy and he's not even good enough to make it to a training camp with 90 players on the roster yet he's better than Webb? Webb is not that bad and I am not being generous in my evaluation of Webb.

But wait, he's 6'7" and weighs 308. How can he be bad???? ;)

Peace :dabears

Yes i agree,but is Webb better? Maybe since he was cut but hey you never know. Just like Brady sitting behind Bledsoe in New England.

Yes Webb was lousy last year and yes he is better. Why? He has experience and after being cut by two teams not making it to training camp, must not have a good upside. Good teams keep prospects, one in a while one slips threw, but why do you think he is one of them. Nothing to merit that of than Webb was bad. I would rather try Brown there before some OTAs cut.

Yes Webb was lousy last year and yes he is better. Why? He has experience and after being cut by two teams not making it to training camp, must not have a good upside. Good teams keep prospects, one in a while one slips threw, but why do you think he is one of them. Nothing to merit that of than Webb was bad. I would rather try Brown there before some OTAs cut.

My guess is both teams took one look at him in OTAs and said to themselves, "He looks and plays a lot like Webb of the Bears."

Then they cut him in the blink of an eye. LOL

My guess is both teams took one look at him in OTAs and said to themselves, "He looks and plays a lot like Webb of the Bears."

Then they cut him in the blink of an eye. LOL

I think you are corret about this..maybe he does not have what it takes to play LT in the NFL.