New Orleans hotels

Ed Hochuli 3:16

Not sure if anyone is interested, but annually, I book a hotel in the Super Bowl city, and if (when) the Bears don't make it, I cancel 24 hours prior to and it doesn't cost me a thing. Of course, the only year I didn't was in 2006 when they did actually go. :banghead

Anyhow, I found a La Quinta Suites in Slidell, (where ironically, Forte is from) which is about 25 miles from New Orleans, for only $119/night. If anyone is interested, I'd go that route. All of the other hotels are either sold out or $390+/night. This hotel also has all good reviews on Trip Advisor with the exception of 1 or 2 people.

If you go, I can point you to some great bars and restaurants...

Not sure if anyone is interested, but annually, I book a hotel in the Super Bowl city, and if (when) the Bears don't make it, I cancel 24 hours prior to and it doesn't cost me a thing. Of course, the only year I didn't was in 2006 when they did actually go. :banghead

Anyhow, I found a La Quinta Suites in Slidell, (where ironically, Forte is from) which is about 25 miles from New Orleans, for only $119/night. If anyone is interested, I'd go that route. All of the other hotels are either sold out or $390+/night. This hotel also has all good reviews on Trip Advisor with the exception of 1 or 2 people.

Wow, I really like that forward type thinking. I am an optimist with a sense of reallity, but never have thought that far a head. I do actually believe, we have a distinct possiblity this could happen.

Wow, I really like that forward type thinking. I am an optimist with a sense of reallity, but never have thought that far a head. I do actually believe, we have a distinct possiblity this could happen.

To discredit myself, I do it every year. However, I feel like I do it so far in advance that maybe some hotel GM's down there forget that they are hosting the Super Bowl, and it helps on the price.

For example, I found a real hole in the wall for $395/night. When I checked the reviews, every past guest mentioned the words dirty, roach, or broken. :shakehead