Now look at our other new WR

Wesson44

Now we got Alshon jeffrey as i say the NO.2 WR on ther other side of Marshall we just went from having below average WR'S to possible top flight WR core. Also look at his yards after the catch, and who some of his catches were against (Kirpatrick,Barron Jennings )top draft picks. Notice where he catches alot of his passes and the moves, jukes,and stiff arms....like marshall...LOl I say he will be a mini-me to marshall...lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULKAO6R_0Rg...feature=related

I haven't seen much of Jeffrey. Fun to watch!

Now we got Alshon jeffrey as i say the NO.2 WR on ther other side of Marshall we just went from having below average WR'S to possible top flight WR core. Also look at his yards after the catch, and who some of his catches were against (Kirpatrick,Barron Jennings )top draft picks. Notice where he catches alot of his passes and the moves, jukes,and stiff arms....like marshall...LOl I say he will be a mini-me to marshall...lol

I hope so!

Well think about this why wouldn't you? You have Marshall on one side which is going to draw double teams...then you put Jeffery on the othe side one on one with a smaller corner....teams will have to pick their poison.So the Bears will have more options than just throw the check down to Forte.

I'm always weary of rookie WR's...

Well think about this why wouldn't you? You have Marshall on one side which is going to draw double teams...then you put Jeffery on the othe side one on one with a smaller corner....teams will have to pick their poison.So the Bears will have more options than just throw the check down to Forte.

Well thats true to a degree but what can it hurt. I'm sure that he can make more of a difference than Sanzanbacher did last year as a rookie

Again, the "what can it hurt" mentality.

For one, it could hurt cohesion, since Cutler is very familiar with Bennett, Marshall, and Hester. It doesn't take a lot of extra thought to see why putting in a rookie WR for tons of snaps has other potential problems.

Again, the "what can it hurt" mentality.

For one, it could hurt cohesion, since Cutler is very familiar with Bennett, Marshall, and Hester. It doesn't take a lot of extra thought to see why putting in a rookie WR for tons of snaps has other potential problems.

Well you say it could hurt.....BUT we didnt draft him and by the way we traded up to get him for him to sit on the bench. Cutler asked for bigger targets and he got them.And the what if.....do most teams keep their first or second round picks on the bench if they drafted them for positions of need?? I think not. Now you really think that Jeffrey will hurt cohesion.......thats what OTA's and training camp is for to gain COHESION!!! Yes Cutler knows Bennett ,Marshall and Hester but you now have a better WR than Hester to throw to. Marshall/Jeffrey are not scared to go across the middle, they both attack the ball and not just let it come to them, they are hard to bring down after the catch and are a mismatch for the shorter DB's in the league with jump balls. Can you say that about Hester....no you cant.Bennett is good at being open and catching the ball but he is short like Hester. Now our red zone has gotten better with 6'7 Davis/Speath at TE, 6'4 Marshall,6'3-1/2 Jeffrey at WR...hard to stop that. The "what can it hurt" mentality will win you football games because you are willing to try something new for things that do not work.It allows you to...... lets say put a DT at FB for better blocking or him being harder to tackle than your RB (Bears the fridge),it allows you to put a LB at TE(Patriots) on the goalline to catch touchdown passes. It allows you to put a WR /RB at QB to run the ball(Jets, Bears, Dolphins) out of the shotgun.So in all those situations and more what can it hurt? Nothing!

Well you say it could hurt.....BUT we didnt draft him and by the way we traded up to get him for him to sit on the bench. Cutler asked for bigger targets and he got them.And the what if.....do most teams keep their first or second round picks on the bench if they drafted them for positions of need?? I think not. Now you really think that Jeffrey will hurt cohesion.......thats what OTA's and training camp is for to gain COHESION!!! Yes Cutler knows Bennett ,Marshall and Hester but you now have a better WR than Hester to throw to. ...

You don't know that. Jeffery hasn't proved anything at the NFL level yet. One good thing about us losing TJ for Benson was that I never have to have that "we didn't draft him to sit on the bench argument" again...save for the QB position and maybe 1st rounders taking over at positions of weakness.

If Alshon truly is very good, we should be able to see it on the field...in practice and in whatever opportunities he gets in games. We won't have to guess. We won't have to coddle him. He'll show us. If he won't, Bennett will likely remain the starter.

Now, Bennett isn't Thomas Jones, but Alshon isn't a top5 draft pick like Cedric Benson was either. The end result is that this situation isn't somehow a special exception to the rule...it's the same, and I'm saying the same things now that I was then. Except for very few situations, only a fool of a coach just gifts a position away to a player who can't prove themselves on an NFL field in some fashion first. You can take that to the bank (I've always wanted to say that B) ).

You should know I feel really good about Alshon, though. But all the "feeling good" about him in the world won't make him a starting quality NFL receiver.

For years everyone said our WRs were bad, now we add a good talent in the draft and he won't be able to get on the field. I don't see it, and I don't see him hurting cohesion. I'm not expecting him to be a starter but I find it hard to believe he can't be a significant contributor with at least 500yds, maybe as high as 700yds, receiving this season.

You don't know that. Jeffery hasn't proved anything at the NFL level yet. One good thing about us losing TJ for Benson was that I never have to have that "we didn't draft him to sit on the bench argument" again...save for the QB position and maybe 1st rounders taking over at positions of weakness.

If Alshon truly is very good, we should be able to see it on the field...in practice and in whatever opportunities he gets in games. We won't have to guess. We won't have to coddle him. He'll show us. If he won't, Bennett will likely remain the starter.

Now, Bennett isn't Thomas Jones, but Alshon isn't a top5 draft pick like Cedric Benson was either. The end result is that this situation isn't somehow a special exception to the rule...it's the same, and I'm saying the same things now that I was then. Except for very few situations, only a fool of a coach just gifts a position away to a player who can't prove themselves on an NFL field in some fashion first. You can take that to the bank (I've always wanted to say that B) ).

You should know I feel really good about Alshon, though. But all the "feeling good" about him in the world won't make him a starting quality NFL receiver.

I dont know what???? That Jeffrey is a better WR than Hester? Really....I mean really how many passes did you see Hester catch in college and with the Bears that were not thrown right to him?How many times did you see Hester attack the ball, out jump someone for the ball in the jump ball situations, or catch the ball one handed huh??? You just need to watch how, where and when jeffrey catches the ball....and also who some of the guys he is catching the ball against...i say first and second rounds picks.Who cares about Benson and for the record Jeffrey is listed right now behind Hester not Bennett on the second team. Oh and you think Hester is a starting no 1 WR???? Well the Bears didnt think so thats why we now have Marshall and Jeffrey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fljiaojL5fM...feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70K6RBlCsDw...;feature=topics

I dont know what???? That Jeffrey is a better WR than Hester? Really....I mean really how many passes did you see hester catch in college, one handed, jump ball situations huh??? You just need to watch how, where and when jeffrey catches the ball....and also who some of the guys he is catching the ball against...i say first and second rounds picks.Who cares about Benson and for the record Jeffrey is listed right now behind Hester not Bennett on the second team. Oh and you think Hester is a starting no 1 WR???? Well the Bears didnt think so thats why we now have Marshall and Jeffrey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fljiaojL5fM...feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70K6RBlCsDw...;feature=topics

You also didn't see Tom Brady dominate at the collegiate level like Matt Leinart did. Obviously, if you're good in college you'll be a good pro. Wait, what?

You also didn't see Tom Brady dominate at the collegiate level like Matt Leinart did. Obviously, if you're good in college you'll be a good pro. Wait, what?

Brady didn't have Leinart stats, but he did have very good stats. Made the great David Terrell an all-american. I get the point, it just was off.

Well you say it could hurt.....BUT we didnt draft him and by the way we traded up to get him for him to sit on the bench. Cutler asked for bigger targets and he got them.And the what if.....do most teams keep their first or second round picks on the bench if they drafted them for positions of need?? I think not. Now you really think that Jeffrey will hurt cohesion.......thats what OTA's and training camp is for to gain COHESION!!! Yes Cutler knows Bennett ,Marshall and Hester but you now have a better WR than Hester to throw to. Marshall/Jeffrey are not scared to go across the middle, they both attack the ball and not just let it come to them, they are hard to bring down after the catch and are a mismatch for the shorter DB's in the league with jump balls. Can you say that about Hester....no you cant.Bennett is good at being open and catching the ball but he is short like Hester. Now our red zone has gotten better with 6'7 Davis/Speath at TE, 6'4 Marshall,6'3-1/2 Jeffrey at WR...hard to stop that. The "what can it hurt" mentality will win you football games because you are willing to try something new for things that do not work.It allows you to...... lets say put a DT at FB for better blocking or him being harder to tackle than your RB (Bears the fridge),it allows you to put a LB at TE(Patriots) on the goalline to catch touchdown passes. It allows you to put a WR /RB at QB to run the ball(Jets, Bears, Dolphins) out of the shotgun.So in all those situations and more what can it hurt? Nothing!

I admit the situations are different (especially the position switching), but I expect your full support in the next TO, Randy Moss, or OchoCinco thread. :cheers