Tim Jennings

adam

Article from PFF:

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/...-chicago-bears/

Pretty good read. Some surprising stats.

Well that's good and all, but to me he needs to step his game up. He plays too much "let the WR catch the ball then tackle him" coverage to be a good CB. He needs to be in the hip pocket of the WR to make plays on the ball. Sure they play cover two alot, but when there is only one WR on your side cover the man more closer and make a play if thrown your way.

He needs to learn how to catch. I counted at least 4 dropped INT's last year, including one against Philadelphia and Carolina each. Both of these games were close margins, and an INT would've put them out of reach. Other than that, I think Jennings is a very underrated player who fits this scheme perfectly. When he got an extension this offseason, I kept saying that it was a really good move.

He needs to learn how to catch. I counted at least 4 dropped INT's last year, including one against Philadelphia and Carolina each. Both of these games were close margins, and an INT would've put them out of reach. Other than that, I think Jennings is a very underrated player who fits this scheme perfectly. When he got an extension this offseason, I kept saying that it was a really good move.

Yes i agree will the extension and learning how to catch. Our defense it built around getting turnovers.

Interestingly enough both Jennings and recently acquired Hayden were on the same Colts team that beat our Bears in Super Bowl 41. And where Jennings didn't play in that game, we all recall that Hayden did. And by the same logic that Jennings has done well for the Bears, due mostly to his familiarity with the Cover 2, I'm anxious to see how Hayden does.

Interestingly enough both Jennings and recently acquired Hayden were on the same Colts team that beat our Bears in Super Bowl 41. And where Jennings didn't play in that game, we all recall that Hayden did. And by the same logic that Jennings has done well for the Bears, due mostly to his familiarity with the Cover 2, I'm anxious to see how Hayden does.

Yes this make for a good battle in training camp for the NO1 spot on the other side of Tillman. Also gives us good depth so we wont see Bowman getting used like green Bay did to him last year. But wait he plays for the Vikings now so maybe we can abuse him......LOL

Yes this make for a good battle in training camp for the NO1 spot on the other side of Tillman. Also gives us good depth so we wont see Bowman getting used like green Bay did to him last year. But wait he plays for the Vikings now so maybe we can abuse him......LOL

He takes a lot of heat because he isnt tall, but cant knock his play over the last two years, top 1/3 in the league. He isnt perfect, but look around only a handful of CBs are top tier.

As usual let's also note...this is the sort of skill that can be worked on in an offseason. The team had...no offseason last year.

Well lets hope he is working hard,cause we need those int's he dropped to get the D of the field and rest them