The Final Tally Is In.

lemonej

The players have voted and the consensus is that Jay Cutler is not one of the top 100 players in the league but Tim Tebow currently a backup is.This just solidifies all the stupid tweets from the previous year when Cutler got hurt during the NFC Championship game.There is no way that Tebow or even some of the fullbacks voted in the top 100 should be ranked ahead of Cutler. This is why I hate these stupid polls.

The players have voted and the consensus is that Jay Cutler is not one of the top 100 players in the league but Tim Tebow currently a backup is.This just solidifies all the stupid tweets from the previous year when Cutler got hurt during the NFC Championship game.There is no way that Tebow or even some of the fullbacks voted in the top 100 should be ranked ahead of Cutler. This is why I hate these stupid polls.

Cutlers day is coming. He gained a tremendous amount of respect from NFL analysts this last season. Another solid season and a playoff berth will do wonders for his rep. Work for real people is the same way. If you are unpopular, that somehow reflects on your ability, which is totally short sided.

I'm with you though. Hate the polls.

Yeah, Cutler's omission is sort of puzzling, but at least they had Peppers, Forte, Hester, Urlacher, and Briggs on there.

I guess they are going off of last year's performance, and Jay was hurt? Tebow on the list is odd because I thought other players hated him?

I honestly think there is no way Jay had warranted top 100 in the NFL since he has been a Bear. The wide receivers and the line have sucked and held him back. but he hasn't put forth that defining year in a position cluttered with very talented plays. Imho, he's a fringe top 10 player that could be as high as 6 or 7 to some people or as low as 14 or 15 to others. For a top 100, he just hasn't defined himself in that kind of roll yet on this team.

Tebow stood out considering his team, and it was a team effort. That get's noticed and someone thinking well i need to give him credit cause no one else will, and then everyone does and boom he's there. That doesn't bother me. Kyle Orton is an above average QB, Tebow is a below average talent wise QB. With less talent he started and won games.

The same thing goes with Lloyd to a degree. He's been impressing on bad teams, and would be a "cooler" pick to some to do. Add in Marshall beating women. and it will make him a less popular pick. One guy is doing better than he should and the other is smearing a good career with off the field issues. Look at the low price the Bears paid for him, and the TO not being on a team because of the leagues perception. Your rep matters.

Marshall is the anti Tebow. His talent will be undervalued by critics for the kind of person he is. Tebow will be praised despite the lack of talent he has, because who he is off the field. Personally, I find Marshall despicable as a person. I'll cheer him on despite that for 3 hours on Sundays only because he is a Bear.

It's a stigma that he will carry just like TO, Vick, and Moss. He's brought it on himself.

Looking at the list, I'm surprised that Hester is as high as he is. I figured he maybe on the list but low. I do have to say the Bears were represented pretty well. 6 players out of 100, when they theoretically would have 3ish, 100/32. Urlacher, Hester, Briggs, Forte, Marshall, and Peppers all making it says a lot for the respect the Bears are getting across the league as a whole. I could be wrong, but I think they are tied for most players on the list.

I honestly think there is no way Jay had warranted top 100 in the NFL since he has been a Bear. The wide receivers and the line have sucked and held him back. but he hasn't put forth that defining year in a position cluttered with very talented plays. Imho, he's a fringe top 10 player that could be as high as 6 or 7 to some people or as low as 14 or 15 to others. For a top 100, he just hasn't defined himself in that kind of roll yet on this team.

Tebow stood out considering his team, and it was a team effort. That get's noticed and someone thinking well i need to give him credit cause no one else will, and then everyone does and boom he's there. That doesn't bother me. Kyle Orton is an above average QB, Tebow is a below average talent wise QB. With less talent he started and won games.

The same thing goes with Lloyd to a degree. He's been impressing on bad teams, and would be a "cooler" pick to some to do. Add in Marshall beating women. and it will make him a less popular pick. One guy is doing better than he should and the other is smearing a good career with off the field issues. Look at the low price the Bears paid for him, and the TO not being on a team because of the leagues perception. Your rep matters.

Marshall is the anti Tebow. His talent will be undervalued by critics for the kind of person he is. Tebow will be praised despite the lack of talent he has, because who he is off the field. Personally, I find Marshall despicable as a person. I'll cheer him on despite that for 3 hours on Sundays only because he is a Bear.

It's a stigma that he will carry just like TO, Vick, and Moss. He's brought it on himself.

Excellent post and I agree particularly with what was said about Cutler, and also wonder whether there is still some perception of him being a "quitter" amongst the other players.

I really think it was a mistake that we let go of B Lloyd, he did well for us when he was with the Bears but seemed to lose favour with the coaching staff after his comment in the media about not playing with injuries.....

I am hoping that Marshall will live up to all of his claims of being a changed man.

The pro bowl has become nothing but a popularity contest. When you have the fans voting for their favorite player no matter what they do on the field. Let say Vick out does Tedow (if he was in the AFC) Tebow would be voted in because of the popularity thing he has going with the fans....even if they are tied with votes by the players and coaches.

Guest TerraTor
The pro bowl has become nothing but a popularity contest. When you have the fans voting for their favorite player no matter what they do on the field. Let say Vick out does Tedow (if he was in the AFC) Tebow would be voted in because of the popularity thing he has going with the fans....even if they are tied with votes by the players and coaches.

Um.... Huh?

He's saying that even if QB-1 has a better year than QB-2, QB-2 will make the Pro Bowl if he's more "popular."

Partially, but it'd would have to include popularity among players and coaches also. The fans, players, and coaches account for 1/3rd of the vote each.