Bye Week

adam

I always liked it later in the season, between weeks 8-10, that way you can rest some players for the stretch run. I also like playing the following week at home, that way you essentially get an extra day (no travel).

This year we have our Bye in Week 6, a little early for me, but at least we play at home the following week. For comparison, Green Bay has their Bye in Week 10, Minnesota in Week 11, and Detroit in Week 5. All three teams play on the road the following week. Every team also plays one Thursday game.

I always liked it later in the season, between weeks 8-10, that way you can rest some players for the stretch run. I also like playing the following week at home, that way you essentially get an extra day (no travel).

This year we have our Bye in Week 6, a little early for me, but at least we play at home the following week. For comparison, Green Bay has their Bye in Week 10, Minnesota in Week 11, and Detroit in Week 5. All three teams play on the road the following week. Every team also plays one Thursday game.

Recent history has shown we play better after a bye. So I'll take early over late with our guys and staff...

If you've already had a week off, why is one more day a big deal? Seems like it'd be better to save your home games for regular weeks. I also prefer later bye weeks, btw. But Mongo might have a point in that an earlier bye week gives the coaches a chance to make adjustments before it's too late.

Recent history has shown we play better after a bye. So I'll take early over late with our guys and staff...

I agree, playing 16 games I would like it to be around the 8th or 9th game. Gives the team time to rest for the run to the playoffs.