Lack of DB development in Chicago

jason

From PFW (quoting an anonymous scout/coach/front office employee):

"Watching Danieal Manning in Houston (last year), he has great instincts. He's a smart player. He just kept moving positions in Chicago. It was a question of development - not instincts. He is very talented."

Not surprising. <_>

From PFW (quoting an anonymous scout/coach/front office employee):

"Watching Danieal Manning in Houston (last year), he has great instincts. He's a smart player. He just kept moving positions in Chicago. It was a question of development - not instincts. He is very talented."

Not surprising. <_>

Daniel Manning did look good in his last year with Chicago. He was raw when he came in, but once they settled on letting him play Safety, he played with swagger. Too bad we had issues at CB over the years and that led to shuffling players around.

Daniel Manning did look good in his last year with Chicago. He was raw when he came in, but once they settled on letting him play Safety, he played with swagger. Too bad we had issues at CB over the years and that led to shuffling players around.

Fact is: The only reason Manning is no longer with the team is that the brass did not feel there was value in resigning him. I found him to be uninstinctive with a low NFL IQ. Of course, I feel the same about Lovie and Co...

Fact is: The only reason Manning is no longer with the team is that the brass did not feel there was value in resigning him. I found him to be uninstinctive with a low NFL IQ. Of course, I feel the same about Lovie and Co...

With Manning IMHO I think it's 50/50 uninstinctive he tends to be reactive instead of proactive..you they guy catches the ball then he moves to cover him instead of covering him so he wont catch the ball.

With Manning IMHO I think it's 50/50 uninstinctive he tends to be reactive instead of proactive..you they guy catches the ball then he moves to cover him instead of covering him so he wont catch the ball.

I think that he didnt have good instincts but with some development he got better. The system also may have not made him look good. He was ok, but just wasnt consistent. We have to remember last year Houston had a good front and put a lot of pressure on the QB and that always makes DBs look good.

Manning never had good instincts but he had athleticism that helped make up for it. I wanted to keep him around but we weren't going to pay him what he received in Houston. On the other side of the equation is the system...is he a better fit for what they do?