Knox officially on PUP list

madlithuanian

I think he will play again, but after such an injury, a year off may be wise. We have plenty of talent in our WR group right now and although I love this guy on the field, I want him to get 100% physically and Mentally before trying to come back.

This isn't surprising.

While it may seem like it, the offseason trade for Marshall and drafting of Jeffery, and even signing Weems and Thomas, weren't because of Knox's injury. Either way, Emery knew the Bears needed a major upgrade at WR. I'm not so sure Knox was going to be a Chicago Bear in 2012 anyway, whether it was a release or trade. His speed was always a plus, but his route running was poor and his hands were inconsistent.

I wish him the best, but after he doesn't play this year, I don't expect him to ever wear navy and orange again, unless it's in Denver.

I pretty much agree on all counts. But not in Denver or anywhere. I just hope he is free of pain and can lead as normal a life as possible.

This isn't surprising.

While it may seem like it, the offseason trade for Marshall and drafting of Jeffery, and even signing Weems and Thomas, weren't because of Knox's injury. Either way, Emery knew the Bears needed a major upgrade at WR. I'm not so sure Knox was going to be a Chicago Bear in 2012 anyway, whether it was a release or trade. His speed was always a plus, but his route running was poor and his hands were inconsistent.

I wish him the best, but after he doesn't play this year, I don't expect him to ever wear navy and orange again, unless it's in Denver.

This isn't surprising.

Knox was going to be a Bear in 2012. The injury IMHO caused the bears to trade for Marshall and draft Jeffrey and sign Weems and Thomas. In addition to leting Williams go.

Knox was going to be a Bear in 2012. The injury IMHO caused the bears to trade for Marshall and draft Jeffrey and sign Weems and Thomas. In addition to leting Williams go.

I think the moves that brought Marshall and Jeffrey to the Bears would have still happened if Knox had not been injured.

I do agree that if Knox had not been injured, there would have been no need to pick up Weems and Thomas, one of which will probably replace Knox for 2012 and the other will likely be cut do to the numbers game.

I think the moves that brought Marshall and Jeffrey to the Bears would have still happened if Knox had not been injured.

I do agree that if Knox had not been injured, there would have been no need to pick up Weems and Thomas, one of which will probably replace Knox for 2012 and the other will likely be cut do to the numbers game.

Yes ....with Marshall, Jeffrey, Bennett and Hester as the Big Four I see Weems, Thomas, Sanzenbacher,and Summers fighting it out for the last two spots with Knox out.

This isn't surprising.

+1

Knox would have definitely been playing this year if he wasn't hurt. For all the criticism he gets, he was the Bears best WR in a long time and still could have developed more. What he was lacking I put on Drake, he hasn't developed a WR that I can think of since he has been here. Knox hasn't really grown considerably since he was a 5th round pick, neither has Bennett, Hester, Bradley, Iglesias, and so on that he has worked with.

Drake should bear responsibility for some or most...but to say Hester hasn't gotten better is just not really true. Compared to what he was at first, he has gotten much better. It's just not good enough to be a #1 or really a #2. Bennett has improved as well. Bradley and Iglesias could just be busts. I don't see them lighting it up on any other rosters.

Knox would have definitely been playing this year if he wasn't hurt. For all the criticism he gets, he was the Bears best WR in a long time and still could have developed more. What he was lacking I put on Drake, he hasn't developed a WR that I can think of since he has been here. Knox hasn't really grown considerably since he was a 5th round pick, neither has Bennett, Hester, Bradley, Iglesias, and so on that he has worked with.

Drake should bear responsibility for some or most...but to say Hester hasn't gotten better is just not really true. Compared to what he was at first, he has gotten much better. It's just not good enough to be a #1 or really a #2. Bennett has improved as well. Bradley and Iglesias could just be busts. I don't see them lighting it up on any other rosters.

You're right. It just annoys me all the WR's that have came through and none have really developed into a complete WR. I woulda liked to see a change there personally, so Jefferies has every chance to reach his potential.

I understand your frustration. Nothing about Drake makes me super confident. But, it could have been mostly on Angelo. Hopefully it was JA's fault...

You're right. It just annoys me all the WR's that have came through and none have really developed into a complete WR. I woulda liked to see a change there personally, so Jefferies has every chance to reach his potential.